Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 123
    Given: 66

Re: Denver Johnson Commits to Iowa State

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Hard View Post
    Yep, zero chance it's not like he's visiting or anything.
    Just to add to your side of the argument here: He de-committed from Oklahoma in late spring after making a verbal there pretty early on. He has a younger brother who's a CB who he wants to play college football with (his younger brother is a year and half younger)- and he says family is important to him.

Paging Coach Ayeni!!!

Addict
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 941
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 266
    Given: 1,197

Quote Originally Posted by mkleve44 View Post
    The Denver Johnson commit could be more than just himself:

josh. @JoshuaJ45 4h

I'll be visiting ISU w/ my fam @DenverJohnson8!!!

http://247sports.com/Player/Josh-Wariboko-28571

http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecr...ariboko-144287

This would by FAR be ISU's biggest get of the 2015 class. Hopefully Denver can pull him to ISU.

That's an offer list.

Are you a member?

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 241
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 136

Quote Originally Posted by iacyguy View Post
    He doesnt even have an offer from ISU. Zero chance
    I'm curious, you've posted this in two different threads with no real justification besides not having an offer. There are plenty of guys who will commit to schools who don't have offers yet, maybe this situation has just come about and we haven't been able to offer him yet.

Is he a long shot? Sure, maybe. The only ones who can be certain are those in his immediate circle, of which I would guess you aren't a part of. It's been pointed out that he is visiting and the Denver Johnson connection could play a role in all of this.

What really gets me are those fanatics who come on here, make statements like it's the definitive word and that's it. As Cyclone fans, we've been kicked in the cajones far more than most fan-bases but continuing to maintain this defeatist attitude and the 'Whoa is me, we're little old Iowa State, we've got no chance,' is the reason we'll be an also ran rather than a contender. If people can't appreciate how special Iowa State University really is (academically & athletically), then I'd much rather they find another school/team to support.

Could it be possible, perhaps, that the culture of all things Iowa State may have changed over the past few years (certainly the past few decades) and recruits are responding to that? Maybe coaches have a solid plan that recruits are buying into it? Just maybe good things can happen in Ames and talented kids have made the decision to check it out and may, heaven forbid, want to be a part of it?

And before all the downers come on here and complain about "3-9 last year," "sixth year and no depth/young roster," "toughest schedule every year," I ask you this....has every single year of your life been the best it could have been, did you always exceed the expectations of others, you've never had a single let-down, nothing has ever gone wrong, no unforeseen challenges to overcome? Has the person who pays your salary always been completely and 100% pleased with your performance every single day?

Either get on, do the best with what you've got and enjoy the ride or get the hell out of the way and make room for those who want to be a part of this!

Last edited by skibumspe; 08-07-2014 at 10:29 PM.

All-Star
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 624
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 141
    Given: 452

Welcome to Ames, Denver - - - - the last Dinosaur - - - -

Rookie
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 760
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 50
    Given: 20

Dear God we could really use a big time offensive lineman.

Pro
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 172
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 79
    Given: 53

Quote Originally Posted by skibumspe View Post
    I'm curious, you've posted this in two different threads with no real justification besides not having an offer. There are plenty of guys who will commit to schools who don't have offers yet, maybe this situation has just come about and we haven't been able to offer him yet.

Is he a long shot? Sure, maybe. The only ones who can be certain are those in his immediate circle, of which I would guess you aren't a part of. It's been pointed out that he is visiting and the Denver Johnson connection could play a role in all of this.

What really gets me are those fanatics who come on here, make statements like it's the definitive word and that's it. As Cyclone fans, we've been kicked in the cajones far more than most fan-bases but continuing to maintain this defeatist attitude and the 'Whoa is me, we're little old Iowa State, we've got no chance,' is the reason we'll be an also ran rather than a contender. If people can't appreciate how special Iowa State University really is (academically & athletically), then I'd much rather they find another school/team to support.

Could it be possible, perhaps, that the culture of all things Iowa State may have changed over the past few years (certainly the past few decades) and recruits are responding to that? Maybe coaches have a solid plan that recruits are buying into it? Just maybe good things can happen in Ames and talented kids have made the decision to check it out and may, heaven forbid, want to be a part of it?

And before all the downers come on here and complain about "3-9 last year," "sixth year and no depth/young roster," "toughest schedule every year," I ask you this....has every single year of your life been the best it could have been, did you always exceed the expectations of others, you've never had a single let-down, nothing has ever gone wrong, no unforeseen challenges to overcome? Has the person who pays your salary always been completely and 100% pleased with your performance every single day?

Either get on, do the best with what you've got and enjoy the ride or get the hell out of the way and make room for those who want to be a part of this!
    Jeezus man you really needed to rant about something didnt you? Yes I posted that in both threads. Why? For conversation and curiousity if we would even bother offering him also to encourage koolaid drinkers here to not get their hopes up. Did you see his offer list? I dont know if there is 2 teams ISU can hang with on there in a game. I have enjoyed cheering for iowa state athletics since I was a kid growing up in KC and I will my whole life. Despite what some extremist posted, like "find another school to support" or "get the hell out of the way to make room for others."

Im happy where the program is going. Thats why I have been shelling out what little money I have to watch my university play sports like many others. Regardless of the state of the program, this recruit is near impossible to get.

Last edited by iacyguy; 08-08-2014 at 01:52 AM.

All-Star
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,119
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 107

Im happy where the program is going. Thats why I have been shelling out what little money I have to watch my university play sports like many others. Regardless of the state of the program, this recruit is near impossible to get.
    A number of us are not going to accept defeatist statements. If you say we can't, we will say we can. Without hope, we have nothing. Nothing isn't acceptable.

Mankind, when left to themselves, are unfit for their own government.
    -George Washington

We, the People, are the problem. I knew it!

All-Star
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 609
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 241
    Given: 30

Jeezus man you really needed to rant about something didnt you? Yes I posted that in both threads. Why? For conversation and curiousity if we would even bother offering him also to encourage koolaid drinkers here to not get their hopes up. Did you see his offer list? I dont know if there is 2 teams ISU can hang with on there in a game. I have enjoyed cheering for iowa state athletics since I was a kid growing up in KC and I will my whole life. Despite what some extremist posted, like "find another school to support" or "get the hell out of the way to make room for others."

How do you not know that Wariboko and John Denver Johnson aren't attached at the hip? What if they're a packaged deal? While a packaged deal doesn't happen often, it does happen. Maybe word of this big stadium renovation is creating enough buzz to keep Wariboko interested. There's a chance, and if a guy like Wariboko wants to play immediately, ISU may be a better fit than all of those big time schools that will likely have someone ahead of him for at least a year. My guess is we don't get him, but it would be a nice get and there is some reason to be excited about this.

All-Star
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 301
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 139
    Given: 109

fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap

'Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius-and a lot of courage-to move in the opposite direction.'
    -Einstein

Rookie
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 328
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52
    Given: 5

In recruiting, you never know. Like ThomasRickJ said, these two could be best friends and secretly a package deal. It is crazy how much pull a really good friend has. Many recruits want to go to places in which they have that connection that feels like a family, and having one guy at ISU that is close to him is big.

Pro
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 939
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 439
    Given: 598

Quote Originally Posted by Bewilderme View Post
    fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap
    ^This guy's got more than his hopes up.^

Pro
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 172
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 79
    Given: 53

Right, well i apologize for not getting my hopes up. Just seems like Wariboko is going on a road trip with Denver because he is a buddy. Like he will checking out the school for fun and hanging out with his friend.
    I just dont understand how we win a top 100 like him. Oklahoma backyard. So the opportunity to play very close to home at either OU/OSU. Something like 13 of the preseason Top 25 schools offered him a full ride.

#cyclONEnation #slimelife #notyourfathersiowastate #ITrustFred #FireMess #MarkMangenius #IMSOPROUD #LandofLions #bewell

Pro
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by CyValley View Post
    A number of us are not going to accept defeatist statements. If you say we can't, we will say we can. Without hope, we have nothing. Nothing isn't acceptable.
    It's not defeatist. It's called being realistic.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 556
    Given: 74

Right, well i apologize for not getting my hopes up. Just seems like Wariboko is going on a road trip with Denver because he is a buddy. Like he will checking out the school for fun and hanging out with his friend.
    I just dont understand how we win a top 100 like him. Oklahoma backyard. So the opportunity to play very close to home at either OU/OSU. Something like 13 of the preseason Top 25 schools offered him a full ride.
    If he has the offers he has and is using an official on us it may mean something. If he knows he is going to OSU or OU, I would think he would have committed by now to lock up a spot. I don't have high hopes here but any time you get someone on campus, you have a shot. When you can get them on campus and have Lou Ayeni, you have even a better shot.

It's all snark from here on out

Pro
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 437
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 130
    Given: 49

Quote Originally Posted by rholtgraves View Post
    It's not defeatist. It's called being realistic.
    The guy is traveling up from OK to Iowa to visit the campus and talk with the coaches....and we have ZERO chance? I don't think anybody is writing him down as a commit or someone we should feel confident about but to say we have ZERO chance with a kid that is visiting the campus from hundreds of miles away just makes you look at best defeatist and at worst dumb. Will we get him? No, probably not but good lord have 1/100th of an ounce of faith our coaches can sell playing time, family atmosphere, focus town...I'm always more confident once we get a kid to town.