Kurt Warner went to Iowa State????
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
  1. #1
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 5,780, Level: 22
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 270
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    LetsPlay2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    286
    Points
    5,780
    Level
    22
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 10

    Kurt Warner went to Iowa State????

    I never knew Kurt Warner went to Iowa State. When will national people learn to get the school right?
    Link: http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/08/01/pro...wn-kurt-warner

    Excerpt for those that do not want to read the article: It's been almost a decade since the last quarterback was inducted into the Hall of Fame, when Troy Aikman and Warren Moon became part of football legend in 2006. Warner's candidacy isn't as much of a lead-pipe lock as Brett Favre's will be in 2016, but I think there's more than enough to push him into the discussion in a serious way. A four-time Pro Bowler and two-time First-Team All-Pro, Warner's career arc is one of the most unique in NFL history. Most people know the story of the undrafted player from Iowa State who once stocked shelves at a grocery store during the night shift and had to go through arena football and NFL Europe before the Rams took a flyer on him in 1998, but it was the way he recovered from five mediocre-to-horrible seasons in the middle of his career to match what he did early on with the Rams in St. Louis that makes his story truly remarkable.


    Go Cubs Go!
    Lets Play Two-Ernie Banks

  2. #2
    Swarm & Punish
    Points: 291,637, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    keepngoal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    20,381
    Points
    291,637
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 735
    Given: 1,518

    Re: Kurt Warner went to Iowa State????

    Quote Originally Posted by LetsPlay2 View Post
    I never knew Kurt Warner went to Iowa State. When will national people learn to get the school right?
    Link: http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/08/01/pro...wn-kurt-warner

    Excerpt for those that do not want to read the article: It's been almost a decade since the last quarterback was inducted into the Hall of Fame, when Troy Aikman and Warren Moon became part of football legend in 2006. Warner's candidacy isn't as much of a lead-pipe lock as Brett Favre's will be in 2016, but I think there's more than enough to push him into the discussion in a serious way. A four-time Pro Bowler and two-time First-Team All-Pro, Warner's career arc is one of the most unique in NFL history. Most people know the story of the undrafted player from Iowa State who once stocked shelves at a grocery store during the night shift and had to go through arena football and NFL Europe before the Rams took a flyer on him in 1998, but it was the way he recovered from five mediocre-to-horrible seasons in the middle of his career to match what he did early on with the Rams in St. Louis that makes his story truly remarkable.
    Duh... he sacked groceries at Fareway before starting for the Iowa State Hawkeyes.


    The first and best victory is to conquer self; to be conquered by self is of all things most shameful and vile. - Plato

    May you only need 39 acres to turn your rig around. - keep

  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 649,753, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    3TrueFans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    25,002
    Points
    649,753
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,554
    Given: 277

    Re: Kurt Warner went to Iowa State????

    At this point I'm just happy when they get the state right.



  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 57,525, Level: 74
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,025
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,166
    Points
    57,525
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 47
    Given: 57

    Re: Kurt Warner went to Iowa State????

    Home of the Fighting Potatoes!



  5. #5
    Swarm & Punish
    Points: 291,637, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    keepngoal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    20,381
    Points
    291,637
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 735
    Given: 1,518

    Re: Kurt Warner went to Iowa State????

    Quote Originally Posted by mapnerd View Post
    Home of the Fighting Potatoes!
    Potato-Tornados?


    The first and best victory is to conquer self; to be conquered by self is of all things most shameful and vile. - Plato

    May you only need 39 acres to turn your rig around. - keep

  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 91,299, Level: 94
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,851
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    mtowncyclone13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    7,387
    Points
    91,299
    Level
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 988
    Given: 699

    Re: Kurt Warner went to Iowa State????

    I wouldn't mind claiming him.


    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneRulzzz View Post
    mtown is among the worst to ever play this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye nation
    If [Iowa] were a good shooting team we could make a run at the final 4.

  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 42,551, Level: 63
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 399
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    KnappShack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    2,506
    Points
    42,551
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 740
    Given: 435

    Re: Kurt Warner went to Iowa State????

    He would've never beaten out Bobby Utter



  8. #8
    All-Star
    Points: 36,149, Level: 58
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 501
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Sigmapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,160
    Points
    36,149
    Level
    58
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 246
    Given: 28

    Re: Kurt Warner went to Iowa State????

    Quote Originally Posted by mtowncyclone13 View Post
    I wouldn't mind claiming him.
    Didn't he beat us as a senior for the Purples Kitties at the Jack?



  9. #9
    Legend
    Points: 170,152, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    The_Architect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Focus Town
    Posts
    11,872
    Points
    170,152
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 487
    Given: 2,049

    Re: Kurt Warner went to Iowa State????

    Quote Originally Posted by KnappShack View Post
    He would've never beaten out Bobby Utter
    Post of the week.


    While on live TV, Ford used a vulgar term to describe a private part of the female anatomy, adding that he was “happily married” and “got more than enough to eat at home.”

  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 52,499, Level: 70
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    DandyCyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,075
    Points
    52,499
    Level
    70
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,605
    Given: 587

    Re: Kurt Warner went to Iowa State????

    Quote Originally Posted by keepngoal View Post
    Duh... he sacked groceries at Fareway before starting for the Iowa State Hawkeyes.
    Northern Iowa State Paneyeclones


    "Tonight's forecast... a freeze is coming." - Matty Ice
    #cyclONEnation

  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 44,399, Level: 65
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,151
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    Cydar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,362
    Points
    44,399
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 284
    Given: 327

    Re: Kurt Warner went to Iowa State????

    Quote Originally Posted by keepngoal View Post
    Potato-Tornados?
    Ponado. That will be the next made for tv movie on Syfy.

    When I lived in Massachusetts I had quite a few people mention potatoes when I said I was from Iowa.



  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 76,475, Level: 85
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 75
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    NATEizKING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hilton
    Posts
    7,234
    Points
    76,475
    Level
    85
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 438
    Given: 737

    Re: Kurt Warner went to Iowa State????

    Quote Originally Posted by Cydar View Post
    Pornado. That will be the next made for tv movie on Syfy.

    When I lived in Massachusetts I had quite a few people mention potatoes when I said I was from Iowa.
    ???



  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 44,399, Level: 65
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,151
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    Cydar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,362
    Points
    44,399
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 284
    Given: 327

    Re: Kurt Warner went to Iowa State????

    Quote Originally Posted by NATEizKING View Post
    ???
    I lived in Amherst for a couple of years. For some reason people confused Iowa with Idaho and they would say things like:
    "Isn't that where they grow potatoes?"
    And they weren't joking.



  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 76,475, Level: 85
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 75
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    NATEizKING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hilton
    Posts
    7,234
    Points
    76,475
    Level
    85
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 438
    Given: 737

    Re: Kurt Warner went to Iowa State????

    Quote Originally Posted by Cydar View Post
    I lived in Amherst for a couple of years. For some reason people confused Iowa with Idaho and they would say things like:
    "Isn't that where they grow potatoes?"
    And they weren't joking.
    I added a letter



  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 44,399, Level: 65
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,151
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    Cydar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,362
    Points
    44,399
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 284
    Given: 327

    Re: Kurt Warner went to Iowa State????

    Quote Originally Posted by NATEizKING View Post
    I added a letter
    Stupid me.

    The setting for that movie would be the AVN Awards in Las Vegas.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.tv
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Mississippi Valley State
  • December 31, 2014
  • 06:00 PM