Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,636
    Given: 2,132

Re: Question for Kansas fans (Basketball)

Quote Originally Posted by HFCS View Post
    -Insisting bad calls didn't hurt ISU in Ames two years ago when the national media made a story out of it for a week and the B12 apologized for the blown calls.

-Thread going right now where he's saying Duke and UCLA aren't blue bloods but KU is.

-Multiple threads talking trash about Niang with Niang's mom.

-Bringing up completely unrelated KU recruiting topics in ISU recruiting threads (not talking about the kids we're both going after).

Could go on.
    He didn't trash Niang to his mom. She's just way too sensitive about any Georges comment, like we all warned her about years ago. Parents need to avoid message boards like the plague. And Twitter. Tweeting the CBS guy could never help.

Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!

http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

Addict
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 304
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 493
    Given: 31

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    He didn't trash Niang to his mom. She's just way too sensitive about any Georges comment, like we all warned her about years ago. Parents need to avoid message boards like the plague. And Twitter. Tweeting the CBS guy could never help.
    He's purposely kind of a dick. This topic is one where twocoach can offer some actual information. No one needs him butting in with his expertise on working out for god's sake. And if he would comment on Iowa State topics without bringing Kansas into it, it would be one thing....but he can't. Almost every thing he posts comes back to Kansas. If I wanted to read about Kansas, I'd read a Kansas board.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 597
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 389
    Given: 471

-Insisting bad calls didn't hurt ISU in Ames two years ago when the national media made a story out of it for a week and the B12 apologized for the blown calls.

-Thread going right now where he's saying Duke and UCLA aren't blue bloods but KU is.

-Bringing up completely unrelated KU recruiting topics in ISU recruiting threads (not talking about the kids we're both going after).

Could go on.
    - That's not what I have ever stated about that game at all. Bad calls hurt both teams in every game, including that one. ISU was hurt by them; KU was hurt by them. Both teams have to deal with them in the end. There's no more reason to talk over the specifics; it has been beaten to death. We get it. Trying to change someone's opinion on that is pointless. I understand why some ISU fans feel the way they do about that game but it's in the rear view mirror now.

- It's called an OPINION. Some feel that Indiana is a blue blood. Some feel Duke is. Some feel UCLA is. Believe it or not, not everyone is required to have an opinion on a topic that you agree with. I have made a clear, concise statement as to why I have the list I do and people are free to respond with their rebuttals or their reasons why they feel they do. I understand that for UCLA many people see 11 titles and put them on the list. That's enough of a reason for them. The dirty cloud that hangs over the head of a huge chunk of their success bothers me. If it doesn't bother other people that's fine. I am not trying to change anyone's opinion, just describe why I have mine.

-There's a difference between talking trash WITH Niang's mother and making a comment that Niang's mother did not agree with. At no point did I ever say anything negative towards her at all. And at no point did I ever talk trash ABOUT Niang. On that thread about his transformation I had nothing but good things to say about him. The grand total of my "trash talking" was mentioning that I wasn't surprised that he could have such a major transformation in the time frame described given the level of resources he had available since I had seen similar transformations occur with no more resources that a few sets of dumbbells and some determination. If that's trash talking then you are one seriously oversensitive person and should be offended by virtually every post by ISU fans in that thread poking fun at Georges "before" physique.

- You don't seem to have a problem with the number of posters that have brought up ISU players on a thread titled "Question for Kansas fans". Why not? Keep in mind that since you have me on your ignore list that you never see the posts that I am responding to so you have NO IDEA if what I post is appropriate or not. You only see responses to my threads and draw your incomplete assumptions from there. I don't have a problem with the ISU mentions in this thread about the expectations of Kansas by Kansas fans because they are in reference to specific statements made to the question or to other posts. It's called a CONVERSATION and it's what frequently happens when adults discuss a topic.

Look, we all get it. You have made it abundantly clear that my presence here is unacceptable to you. It is clear that you have a view and an opinion of all Kansas fans that clouds how you view anything that I post. You're entitles to your opinions just as the rest of us are.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 168
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 510
    Given: 374

Honest question for people who don't like twocoach; why don't you just put him on your ignore list?

"Some programs don't want to win. It's okay."
    -Poster on hawkeye lounge after the hiring of Hoiberg

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by jsb View Post
    He's purposely kind of a dick. This topic is one where twocoach can offer some actual information. No one needs him butting in with his expertise on working out for god's sake. And if he would comment on Iowa State topics without bringing Kansas into it, it would be one thing....but he can't. Almost every thing he posts comes back to Kansas. If I wanted to read about Kansas, I'd read a Kansas board.
    Wouldn't it be nice if this thread about the Kansas basketball team wouldn't be littered with conversations about ISU and their depth and which ISU player will guard who and posts about me (despite the fact that all I did was was respond directly to the original topic) and would stick to the topic at hand? Unless you are going to call out EVERY poster who posts something that results in a conversation being steered in multiple directions then don't call out ANYONE.

Legend
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialOverdriveVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,577
    Given: 1,222

I think I've ignored half the posters on this site for being whiny ************** and trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post
    Football is just a stupid game. Who cares who has the better football team. It's just a game.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    I am still completely mind blown that the mother of a player participates in this type of forum. I consider myself to be pretty thick skinned but I don't know if I could read stuff posted about my child by strangers that do not know my child without losing it.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 561
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 514
    Given: 2,278

Quote Originally Posted by CarlHungus View Post
    Honest question for people who don't like twocoach; why don't you just put him on your ignore list?
    I highly recommend this. I should have done it as soon as I saw him making fun of Hoiberg's kid crying. He has company with all of the section 8 Hok trolls.

Legend
    Overall activity: 94.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,407
    Given: 1,061

Quote Originally Posted by twocoach View Post
    - That's not what I have ever stated about that game at all. Bad calls hurt both teams in every game, including that one. ISU was hurt by them; KU was hurt by them. Both teams have to deal with them in the end. There's no more reason to talk over the specifics; it has been beaten to death. We get it. Trying to change someone's opinion on that is pointless. I understand why some ISU fans feel the way they do about that game but it's in the rear view mirror now.
    Thank you for illustrating further, you're a troll because you can't see beyond KU perspective even slightly (like the entire national sports media and even the B12 office did in that particular case) and you post like a madman about KU whether it's a KU discussion or not.

Legend
    Overall activity: 94.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,407
    Given: 1,061

Quote Originally Posted by carvers4math View Post
    I highly recommend this. I should have done it as soon as I saw him making fun of Hoiberg's kid crying. He has company with all of the section 8 Hok trolls.
    Hey all of his posts are insightful and brilliant basketball analysis, especially the ones making fun of crying kids. It's fun being a contrarian!

Pro
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 1,185
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 39
    Given: 75

I was on one of my yearly breaks from CF when the comments of Hoiberg's kid were going on. However, since I've kind of re-acclimated myself to the board, I have not really seen any rage inducing posts from twocoach. Maybe part of it is I am not tied to ISU in anyway besides fandom. I think he is a decent poster from another school's fan base.

Addict
    Overall activity: 76.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,268
    Given: 347

I view our friend tuco with more curiosity than dislike. If I ever racked up 2,300+ posts on a website called "Jayhawk Fanatic" as a diehard Iowa State fan, I would want to reevaluate my life. I have no interest in that, and can't understand someone that does.

I wonder what his goal and purpose is on here when so many view him (rightly or wrongly) with strong disdain. There has to be an element of trolling that he revels in, just based on that fact alone and not on the content of his posts.

Addict
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 382
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,134
    Given: 831

Quote Originally Posted by twocoach View Post
    I expect both Alexander and Oubre to be starters and play to a 1st or 2nd team All Big 12 level. I worry about Big Cliff's defense and his stamina but he will be a bull on offense. If he can stay out of foul trouble he'll have a very good year and should eclipse Embiid's season averages from last year pretty easily.

Oubre is the guy I am most excited to see play. He has gotten rave reviews at every camp he's been to this summer and is another crazy long wing player that will be an excellent defender. I don't think he'll play as many minutes as Wiggins did last season since the rest of the team should be better overall on defense and because the drop off to Greene and Svi off the bench will not be as big as the drop off to Greene last year was. Self couldn't really take Wiggins out much last year because he was their only good perimeter defender and because Greene was king of lost in Year One.

I have no idea what to expect from Graham this year. He is the same age as Mason and Frankamp but with a year less college experience. He has better size for the position and better pure PG ability. There really is no combination of minutes spread between those three PGs that would surprise me. If we get anything productive out of him I'll be happy.

I have no expectations for Svi, either. He is rail thin and still only 17 years old so I would be surprised to see him average more than a few minutes a game. KU doesn't really need much from him with Oubre and Greene at that position. Maybe he'll see some minutes behind Selden at SG if he can play defense well enough. But I don't expect him to be an impact player at all next year.

I expect Hunter Mickelson to surprise a lot of people with his interior defense and rim protection. I think he'll be Cliff's primary back up at center and will block more shots on the season than Embiid did last year.

I expect Selden to take the role of leader on the team next year and be the attacking guard KU needs. He deferred to the experience of Tharpe and the talent of Wiggins last year. Look for that to change with both gone. He may not end up with the pure stats to be an All Big 12 1st/2nd team member but he will be one of the best overall players in the Big 12.

I expect Ellis to step up his game tremendously as well and also play to a 1st/2nd team All Big 12 level. He has been working hard on his outside shot and has also gotten quicker from what I have heard from summer camp reports. If he can make people play him outside and is quick enough to get around them if they overplay, he will be a tough cover and will open up the lane for Big Cliff to throw down some monster dunks.

For the team, I expect them to contend for the Big 12 title and to be a Top 2 seed in the tourney. How far they go is a crap shoot so dependent on other things that I have no more expectations than to get out of the first weekend. I do think they have enough talent and experience to make a deep run in the tourney. Hopefully the star align right and they play to their capabilities when it matters the most.
    I think Alexander is going to be a beast but I'm on the fence with Oubre. Curious how Self will use him but the kid isn't afraid to put up shots. I could see him really progressing as the season goes on

Addict
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 535
    Overall activity: 98.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,727
    Given: 1,949

-Making fun of Hoiberg's kids crying. (100% lock Iowa trolls would never get away with that on the main basketball board)

Could go on.
    For example:

Quote Originally Posted by Stewo View Post
    No question that their the best team in the state right now.
    (Referring to UNI)

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 168
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 510
    Given: 374

Quote Originally Posted by CyTwins View Post
    I think Alexander is going to be a beast but I'm on the fence with Oubre. Curious how Self will use him but the kid isn't afraid to put up shots. I could see him really progressing as the season goes on
    Thank you for getting this thread back on track

"Some programs don't want to win. It's okay."
    -Poster on hawkeye lounge after the hiring of Hoiberg