Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 2

Re: ESPN FIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by keepngoal View Post
    I can't believe I am reading some of this stuff....

Running your mouth and being hit for it is okay.
    I'll excuse myself from this thread for a while.
    I didn't get through 3 pages and am thinking the exact same thing. I honestly can't believe what some posters on here are saying. Makes me pretty sick to my stomach.

"These are my new shoes. They're good shoes. They won't make you rich like me, they won't make you rebound like me, they definitely won't make you handsome like me. They'll only make you have shoes like me. That's it." - Charles Barkley

Rookie
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 265
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registered

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 8

Quote Originally Posted by cbro31 View Post
    Since you are asking it again, I will ask you again. In what way is the parent a victim, here is your original post:
    By your response you are indicating there should be some blame or guilt on the parent for making a DECISION to put there kid in a situation where they could potentially be harmed. It's amazing how when the decision maker isn't also the victim there is blame put on them... So why don't you look at someone who makes a poor decision that puts themselves in situation where they could be harmed or abused under the same light?

No one is saying that all abusive situation are avoidable but your kidding yourself if you don't think there isn't at least a SMALL portion of these instances where it all could have been avoided by the victim simply making smarter decisions. I don't see anyone making excuses for a guy hitting a girl.

I swear some of you think that you should be able to make every decision as if everyone eats rainbows and poops out butterflies... Well I got news for you.. Not everyone is a good and honest person.. So your naive if you think you can just date or trust anyone and nothing negative will ever become of those relationships.

Rookie
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 265
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registered

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 8

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal&Gold11 View Post
    I didn't get through 3 pages and am thinking the exact same thing. I honestly can't believe what some posters on here are saying. Makes me pretty sick to my stomach.
    Maybe you should learn how to read....

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 700
    Given: 481

Quote Originally Posted by wonkadog View Post
    Need further clarification. What if a woman is going to shoot me but only in the leg where it won't kill me? Can I teach her a good lesson with my fist then??
    Yup. She accidentally hits that femoral artery and you're dead. If a woman is threatening you with a weapon then IMO it's okay to drop her like a bad habit. Outside of that, no.

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 198
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 55
    Given: 32

Just read the entire thread and can't believe the lack of reading comprehension by the holier than thou crew. Nobody including loudmouth Stephen A Smith has defended Ray Rice or any other ******* for beating women. Like a lot of men out there, I was raised right and would never raise a hand to a female. I'm a firm believer in the concept of an eye for an eye but would put my fist through a wall before retaliating on a chick who hit me first.

Unfortunately not everybody is raised by suitable parents and some people are just flat out terrible human beings. Associating with these types puts you at risk plain and simple and its always a choice who somebody hangs around. That's the only point anybody has been making yet it gets twisted around and posters get labeled pro domestic violence. The problem with this thread is not that there are people who are ok with women being abused (not a single poster here is) but the drama queens who want to make others out to be something they're not!

Pro
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 728
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsCreated Album picturesVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37
    Given: 69

He said nothing wrong at all... Just said protect yourself, don't be stupid. Regardless of a women's actions, its never right, but also as a women be careful and not an idiot. Seems like logical sense to me. Im on team A. Smith.

Same logic goes for men. Don't be stupid, don't put yourself in situations where you would need to resort to violence, even against another man.. His first rant, is just fine taken in context.

anyway regardless of what was happening, I couldn't see myself ever even pushing a women. however I suppose if they were threatening my daughter, or pointing a weapon at my kids then maybe. So never say never.

Last edited by Tedcyclone; 07-25-2014 at 08:52 PM.

Legend
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 459
    Given: 633

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Janny View Post
    "But what I've tried to employ the female members of my family, some of who you all met and talked to and what have you, is that again, and this what, I've done this all my life, let's make sure we don't do anything to provoke wrong actions"

What exactly is he talking about here, then?
    Women hitting or slapping a man?
    Too bad for Rice he was not gay- he would not miss a thing.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 556

Quote Originally Posted by snowcraig2.0 View Post
    Nothing wrong with what he said IMO.
    WHAT???

You think a woman can be responsible for her own beating? Wow

Pro
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 500
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 107
    Given: 0

Some people in this thread are so incredibly dense, it's comical

His whole point was yes it is NEVER ok for a man to hit or physically harm a woman but it also should go the other way too and that it should be NEVER ok for a woman to hit or attack a man. If they choose to do it, they are taking it to that level

ABC - Always Be Closing

All-Star
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 850
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 10

Quote Originally Posted by keepngoal View Post
    An abuse victim is never at fault for being abused. NEVER.

-keep
    This isn't 100% correct. There are instances where the abuser has had the tables turned on them and become the victim.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 556

Quote Originally Posted by RubyClone View Post
    This is so insanely stupid. People realize full well what he meant. Just trying to be self righteous dicks about it.

Give it up Craig. You're fighting with people who just want to twist it to argue.
    Are you kidding. Smith is a hack that has made a career sucking start athlete's ****s. He has never been respected as a journalist, just a star suck up.

He has been fired before, he has a history of never holding the athlete responsible. And gaining favor by defending them against all sorts of legitmate criticisms.

I will bet you were never an Allen Iverson fan, when he was "talking bout practice" well sas was his main mouthpiece in philly, and he parlayed that sucking into espn gigs.

Last edited by cylove; 07-25-2014 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Where was the filter?

All-Star
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 708
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 286
    Given: 278

Quote Originally Posted by DreamyCy View Post
    By your response you are indicating there should be some blame or guilt on the parent for making a DECISION to put there kid in a situation where they could potentially be harmed. It's amazing how when the decision maker isn't also the victim there is blame put on them... So why don't you look at someone who makes a poor decision that puts themselves in situation where they could be harmed or abused under the same light?

No one is saying that all abusive situation are avoidable but your kidding yourself if you don't think there isn't at least a SMALL portion of these instances where it all could have been avoided by the victim simply making smarter decisions. I don't see anyone making excuses for a guy hitting a girl.

I swear some of you think that you should be able to make every decision as if everyone eats rainbows and poops out butterflies... Well I got news for you.. Not everyone is a good and honest person.. So your naive if you think you can just date or trust anyone and nothing negative will ever become of those relationships.
    Nope, you quoted someone who said that a victim of abuse isn't at fault. Next you imagine a scenario where a parent would hire a known pedophile, and ask if the parent is at fault. Either you misquoted him, or you are inferring that the parent is somehow the victim in this. The child is the victim, and the child is in no way at fault. Your scenario is so flawed that I am not even sure why you brought it up. If you would like my opinion on the ESPN issue it is that while I agree with Mr Smith that it is good to teach your kids what a bad situation is and to recognize the need to get out of it, while at the same time realizing that your own actions can make situations worse, the way he said it this morning did not get that message across.

Also, in your original situation you said a parent knowingly lets a convicted pedophile watch their kid. That right there puts blame on the parent. Read your own question...

Pro
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 500
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 107
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by cylove View Post
    Are you kidding. Smith is a hack that has made a career sucking start athlete's ****s. He has never been respected as a journalist, just a star suck up.

He has been fired before, he has a history of never holding the athlete responsible. And gaining favor by defending them against all sorts of legitmate criticisms.

I will bet you were never an Allen Iverson fan, when he was "talking bout practice" well sas was his main mouthpiece in philly, and he parlayed that sucking into espn gigs.
    No I'm not kidding you jacka**. Where did I say I liked Stephen A. Smith or thought he wasn't a suckup or a race card player? Just because I think he's a clown doesn't mean I think what he said this time was wrong.

ABC - Always Be Closing

Legend
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 459
    Given: 633

Quote Originally Posted by CyBroncos View Post
    Some people in this thread are so incredibly dense, it's comical

His whole point was yes it is NEVER ok for a man to hit or physically harm a woman but it also should go the other way too and that it should be NEVER ok for a woman to hit or attack a man. If they choose to do it, they are taking it to that level
    There is a fine line between chivalry and treating women as the inferior sex, of which many men are still proud to cross.

It is not right to hit anyone. As a male you learn this fact is not going to prevent people from hitting you, particularly women. Most also learn that being smaller or weaker than your counterpart may not prevent you from getting your *** beat when you act as an aggressor, particularly when you make the first contact. At least one report had Rice's now-wife also attacking Rice, and both were arrested for assault.

Addict
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 510
    Given: 396

Quote Originally Posted by Illiniclone View Post
    You never put your hands on a woman. NEVER. And that fact that you're trying to justify that it's sometimes ok to do that shows how big of a POS you are.
    My god you are stupid. Show me where I am justifying it. Where is it? Never at one point where I said what Ray Rice did was okay. It's pathetic how low the reading comprehension is on this site.