Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 48
  1. #1
    Publisher
    Points: 1,019,671, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    18,581
    Points
    1,019,671
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,768
    Given: 758

    Art Briles calls Mark Mangino a "stud"

    More on Iowa State's new offensive coordinator from the Big 12 media days...

    http://cyclonefanatic.com/football/n...angino-a-stud/



  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 376,015, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    17,495
    Points
    376,015
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,405
    Given: 5,698

    Re: Art Briles calls Mark Mangino a "stud"

    Oh ****, it's starting to be that time of the year where I get overly optimistic about football!



  3. #3
    Legend
    Points: 566,550, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    GTO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    12,577
    Points
    566,550
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,444
    Given: 18,216

    Re: Art Briles calls Mark Mangino a "stud"

    I am so freakin' pumped up for football!!!!!!!!!!



  4. #4
    Starter
    Points: 31,586, Level: 54
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 364
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Clone1138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    737
    Points
    31,586
    Level
    54
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 567
    Given: 597

    Re: Art Briles calls Mark Mangino a "stud"

    Quote Originally Posted by GTO View Post
    I am so freakin' pumped up for football!!!!!!!!!!
    That feeling will quickly pass.


    Last edited by Clone1138; 07-22-2014 at 10:50 AM.

  5. #5
    Legend
    Points: 566,550, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    GTO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    12,577
    Points
    566,550
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,444
    Given: 18,216

    Re: Art Briles calls Mark Mangino a "stud"

    Quote Originally Posted by Clone1138 View Post
    That feeling with quickly pass.
    Not really. I'm always excited for the Clones. Even through last year: most of the home games were sold out, we were competitive in the majority of them, have a passionate coach who cares about the program, and got rewarded with the WV game being the most exciting game of the season. What's not to like?

    People just need to temper the expectations. I'm not saying we should accept losing and become a culture of losing in Football, but realistically we do ok most years while playing in one of the toughest conferences in the nation (it's not like we are racking up conference losing streaks like KU) and not being the hotbed for highly rated recruits. We do the most with what we have. Maybe Lazard coming on board and the addition of Mangino turns a few more recruits our way. Who knows...

    A friend of mine jokes with me that a 6-6 season at ISU is a successful season and when we had Seneca Wallace and the Davis brothers felt like ISU was playing in the NC game. And you know what, I'm not offended because it is true. An 8-4 season would be like going undefeated for other schools. We'll always be the underdog school and I for one enjoy the role and take it for what it's worth.



  6. #6
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 15,313, Level: 37
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 337
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    288
    Points
    15,313
    Level
    37
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 3

    Re: Art Briles calls Mark Mangino a "stud"

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    More on Iowa State's new offensive coordinator from the Big 12 media days...

    http://cyclonefanatic.com/football/n...angino-a-stud/
    Chris --- Your article says 34-year old Kliff Kingsbury was the Texas Tech quarterback the last year Mangino was at Kansas. That was 2009, which would make Kingsbury 29 then. that can't be right.



  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 419,312, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 86.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    00clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Iowa City area
    Posts
    19,357
    Points
    419,312
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,152
    Given: 1,876

    Re: Art Briles calls Mark Mangino a "stud"

    Aannnd Charlie Weis gives a bumbling, awkward answer when asked about him, further satisfying Kansas "basketball only" fans that firing Mangino was the best thing to ever happen to the university.





  8. #8
    Rookie
    Points: 4,780, Level: 20
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 270
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    422
    Points
    4,780
    Level
    20
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 182
    Given: 123

    Re: Art Briles calls Mark Mangino a "stud"

    Quote Originally Posted by GTO View Post
    Not really. I'm always excited for the Clones. Even through last year: most of the home games were sold out, we were competitive in the majority of them, have a passionate coach who cares about the program, and got rewarded with the WV game being the most exciting game of the season. What's not to like?

    People just need to temper the expectations. I'm not saying we should accept losing and become a culture of losing in Football, but realistically we do ok most years while playing in one of the toughest conferences in the nation (it's not like we are racking up conference losing streaks like KU) and not being the hotbed for highly rated recruits. We do the most with what we have. Maybe Lazard coming on board and the addition of Mangino turns a few more recruits our way. Who knows...

    A friend of mine jokes with me that a 6-6 season at ISU is a successful season and when we had Seneca Wallace and the Davis brothers felt like ISU was playing in the NC game. And you know what, I'm not offended because it is true. An 8-4 season would be like going undefeated for other schools. We'll always be the underdog school and I for one enjoy the role and take it for what it's worth.
    Excellent post, mobile like! I wish more fans had this mindset.



  9. #9
    Legend
    Points: 164,759, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Cycsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    13,372
    Points
    164,759
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,692
    Given: 1,573

    Re: Art Briles calls Mark Mangino a "stud"

    Quote Originally Posted by 00clone View Post
    Aannnd Charlie Weis gives a bumbling, awkward answer when asked about him, further satisfying Kansas "basketball only" fans that firing Mangino was the best thing to ever happen to the university.

    Seriously. What was Weis talking about?



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 58,423, Level: 74
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    7,646
    Points
    58,423
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,040
    Given: 1,081

    Re: Art Briles calls Mark Mangino a "stud"

    I'm really optimistic about Mangino. But my Cyclone nut-cup tells me that as soon as our offense shows real improvement, Mangino will start getting head coaching, and/or high dollar OC offers.



  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 96,917, Level: 96
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 133
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    dualthreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    8,397
    Points
    96,917
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 916
    Given: 79

    Re: Art Briles calls Mark Mangino a "stud"

    He lost me when he called us a great team

    At what point during our 71-7 loss last season did he look across the field and think we were great. Coach speak all da way obvi



  12. #12
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 79,965, Level: 87
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 185
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Prone2Clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,912
    Points
    79,965
    Level
    87
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,885
    Given: 747

    Re: Art Briles calls Mark Mangino a "stud"

    Quote Originally Posted by dualthreat View Post
    At what point during our 71-7 loss last season did he look across the field and think we were great.
    At the end of the firs...
    Before kick-o...
    During warm...
    Ah...I have no idea when that would have entered his mind.



  13. #13
    Rookie
    Points: 3,791, Level: 17
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    356
    Points
    3,791
    Level
    17
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 76
    Given: 138

    Re: Art Briles calls Mark Mangino a "stud"

    Quote Originally Posted by CNECloneFan View Post
    I'm really optimistic about Mangino. But my Cyclone nut-cup tells me that as soon as our offense shows real improvement, Mangino will start getting head coaching, and/or high dollar OC offers.
    I hope so.



  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 58,423, Level: 74
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    7,646
    Points
    58,423
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,040
    Given: 1,081

    Re: Art Briles calls Mark Mangino a "stud"

    Quote Originally Posted by boyd View Post
    I hope so.
    I should have added 'and he'll go'

    as in, when things start to look up, the stool will be kicked out from under...



  15. #15
    All-Star
    Points: 30,414, Level: 53
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    iowa_wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,544
    Points
    30,414
    Level
    53
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 152
    Given: 57

    Re: Art Briles calls Mark Mangino a "stud"

    Coaching Record


    Year School G W L T Pct SRS SOS AP Pre AP High AP Post Bowl Notes
    2002 Kansas 12 2 10 0 .167 -14.87 0.05
    2003 Kansas 13 6 7 0 .462 -0.59 0.49 Tangerine Bowl II-L
    2004 Kansas 11 4 7 0 .364 5.05 5.23
    2005 Kansas 12 7 5 0 .583 5.22 2.39 Fort Worth Bowl-W
    2006 Kansas 12 6 6 0 .500 0.53 -1.64
    2007 Kansas 13 12 1 0 .923 14.45 -1.24 2 7 Orange Bowl-W
    2008 Kansas 13 8 5 0 .615 9.23 4.00 14 13 Insight Bowl-W
    2009 Kansas 12 5 7 0 .417 0.88 2.22 25 16
    Kansas 98 50 48 0 .510 2.49 1.44



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBA
  • Football Season Opener vs. UNI
  • September 3, 2016
  • 07:00 PM