Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 126
    Given: 146

Re: The Strain

Quote Originally Posted by isutrevman View Post
    Really liked the first couple episodes. Now, I'm just getting frustrated with the characters. None of them do anything that makes any sense. They have absolutely no sense of urgency. There are too many dumb things that take place that make no sense.

The guy is told his daughter died on the plane. She shows up at the back door by herself and he doesn't even question it? Why would she be alone? He then calls the CDC guy and he doesn't get concerned at all that a dead girl showed up at her father's house?

The old guy with a sword keeps saying how urgent it is to put a stop to "the strain", but he still opens up his pawn shop and spends all day at work when he's the ONLY one who knows whats going on?

The one lady's husband is infected and locks himself in the shed so he wont hurt anyone. She then become a lunatic murderer and shoves her annoying neighbor in there to get eaten?

Sean Astin's character admits he was paid off by a group of people to let the "coffin" through security. The head CDC guy's response is to punch him, then walk away and not even bother getting any information on where the group of people came from, or where they might currently be?

The pretty CDC lady is unwillingly to hunt down and kill infected passengers (who are already dead), because she can't handle killing anyone (they are already dead) and is determined to find a cure instead (the old guy is the only one who knows whats going on and tells them repeatedly the only way to stop it is to destroy the infected people).
    I know, I'm frustrated with it too. I guess I am in it to see the "Rat-guy" do something cool soon. Where are they going with him?

Pro
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 940
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 159
    Given: 24

That's a good assessment isutrevman. As it stands now, the world doesn't stand a chance. Too much incompetence and selfishness.

Rip 'n Shred - Shred 'n Rip

Check out my ratings site!

Addict
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 224
    Overall activity: 89.0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,644
    Given: 2,114

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingCY View Post
    Uh, is anyone watching this show? So your reproductive organs just say bye-bye?

This show also had a lot of momentum after the first episode.... and has just gone slow. Needs to pick up the pace-
    Looked over at hubby after that scene...his legs were crossed...subconcious protection? ;)

Rookie
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 796
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70
    Given: 29

Quote Originally Posted by isutrevman View Post
    Really liked the first couple episodes. Now, I'm just getting frustrated with the characters. None of them do anything that makes any sense. They have absolutely no sense of urgency. There are too many dumb things that take place that make no sense.

The guy is told his daughter died on the plane. She shows up at the back door by herself and he doesn't even question it? Why would she be alone? He then calls the CDC guy and he doesn't get concerned at all that a dead girl showed up at her father's house?

The old guy with a sword keeps saying how urgent it is to put a stop to "the strain", but he still opens up his pawn shop and spends all day at work when he's the ONLY one who knows whats going on?

The one lady's husband is infected and locks himself in the shed so he wont hurt anyone. She then become a lunatic murderer and shoves her annoying neighbor in there to get eaten?

Sean Astin's character admits he was paid off by a group of people to let the "coffin" through security. The head CDC guy's response is to punch him, then walk away and not even bother getting any information on where the group of people came from, or where they might currently be?

The pretty CDC lady is unwillingly to hunt down and kill infected passengers (who are already dead), because she can't handle killing anyone (they are already dead) and is determined to find a cure instead (the old guy is the only one who knows whats going on and tells them repeatedly the only way to stop it is to destroy the infected people).
    I had similar thoughts. Hoping it gets better as the first episode had me interested. The part that actually made me laugh out our was when Eph's partner reassures him that it was self defense when he smashed that pilots head in. Then when they're being attacked later and Setrakian saves them she freaks out and starts yelling about their "protocols." Terrible consistency and a terrible line of dialogue.

The dude's wife feeding a neighbor to him was my favorite part of the show so far, though. That's exactly the type of thing I want out of a show like this.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 590
    Given: 426

Quote Originally Posted by Dino View Post
    I had similar thoughts. Hoping it gets better as the first episode had me interested. The part that actually made me laugh out our was when Eph's partner reassures him that it was self defense when he smashed that pilots head in. Then when they're being attacked later and Setrakian saves them she freaks out and starts yelling about their "protocols." Terrible consistency and a terrible line of dialogue.

The dude's wife feeding a neighbor to him was my favorite part of the show so far, though. That's exactly the type of thing I want out of a show like this.

Yeah, the cheese has slid off of her cracker. It was actually pretty interesting to watch her character change throughout the events in the episode.

Legend
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Loved the "oh ****" moment that the rat killer experienced in the sewer.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by bos View Post
    Yeah, the cheese has slid off of her cracker. It was actually pretty interesting to watch her character change throughout the events in the episode.
    The book explained her better. She had serious dependency issues and freaked out when he was gone.

Pro
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 940
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 159
    Given: 24

Last episode was good.

Rip 'n Shred - Shred 'n Rip

Check out my ratings site!

Addict
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 123
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Goothrey View Post
    Last episode was good.
    Yeah it was. I was getting worried for the Rat-Russian-guy...I have a feeling he is going to team up with Team Eph and Setrakian at some point and be a cool vamp slayer.

The backstory of Setrakian in the Nazi concentration camp was good too. They're trying to build on The Master's backstory with this as well. I am sure they will continue with these...

First smart person on the show might have been that Nanny, GTFO when she saw the sideways blink....but kept her cool and got the kids out of there. But perhaps the mom smelled the kids so she could have their scent and find them later? Who knows? And also, why has it taken so long for her to change? Perhaps she has felt this way for a long time being a blood-sucking lawyer?

Legend
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Yeah it was. I was getting worried for the Rat-Russian-guy...I have a feeling he is going to team up with Team Eph and Setrakian at some point and be a cool vamp slayer.

The backstory of Setrakian in the Nazi concentration camp was good too. They're trying to build on The Master's backstory with this as well. I am sure they will continue with these...

First smart person on the show might have been that Nanny, GTFO when she saw the sideways blink....but kept her cool and got the kids out of there. But perhaps the mom smelled the kids so she could have their scent and find them later? Who knows? And also, why has it taken so long for her to change? Perhaps she has felt this way for a long time being a blood-sucking lawyer?
    I didnt read the books, but I read a couple of reviews on them. He becomes a pretty major character I think.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by bos View Post
    I didnt read the books, but I read a couple of reviews on them. He becomes a pretty major character I think.
    Yeah, he knows of a major horde-problem in the belly of the city and also saw that they didn't like the sunlight. But he knew to GTFO though.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I finished the Strain about a week ago, and am now reading the Fall...much of this has followed the book, some parts have drifted off on tangents, some timelines have been revised. I won't post spoilers, but if you want to ask how things went in the book AFTER the episode, I'll be happy to share what I can.

For my part, I really like seeing Kevin Durand in a likeable strong guy role. I've generally seen him in menacing roles due to his face and size, and I've heard he's a really nice guy in real life.

Edit: his character is Vasily Fet...goes by Fet. Easier to type than Rat-Russian guy!

Addict
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 132
    Given: 112

I read the first book. Thought it was entertaining but really not that good. I'm the type when I start something, I have to finish it, so since there are three books in the series, I started the second. The second was near unbearable. I'm not about to start the third.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Cybyassociation View Post
    I read the first book. Thought it was entertaining but really not that good. I'm the type when I start something, I have to finish it, so since there are three books in the series, I started the second. The second was near unbearable. I'm not about to start the third.
    I'm only a couple of chapters in...that bad, eh? Yeah...I have to finish things too. The first one was really slow, but the second book is only half as long, so that might help!

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Master Reveal?

Kinda dorky looking. But last episode I came to grips with him. This show has potential. There have been great episodes sprinkled in with some slower-based ones...but I'm still watching.

Thoughts?