View Poll Results: Would you trade Andrew Wiggins in a deal for Kevin Love?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

83 67.48%
  • No

40 32.52%
Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 LastLast
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 647
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 122
    Given: 266

Re: Kevin Love Trade Scenario (Poll)

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmapolis View Post
    I still think Cleveland is going to have egg on its face if this one-year Dream Team falls apart if it can't gel or have the right mix of luck to win the first year, and if Love wants to go Lakers or Clippers all along, and Lebron follows after two years "back home" and a swing and a miss.

They're giving up A LOT for a one-year rental if that's the actual deal. It's a lot--but, in some universe, reasonable--for an extended Love, but one-year, with no guarantees... yikes...
    Agreed, people forget Miami lost in the finals LJ's first year down there. It took them awhile to gel but the one difference is in Miami, Wade and James were essentially the same position. The Love/Irving/James combo is more "traditional" and may make the transition easier.

Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,329
    Given: 117

Quote Originally Posted by heitclone View Post
    Those teams have become farm systems for the NBA's marquee teams, that combined with the Lebron "ring chase" lottery every few years will make todays young talent tomorrows free agency darlings. Idk why Kevin Love doesn't get more criticism for being a ring chaser?
    Yeah, why can't he just be happy on a team that never makes the playoffs, drafts poorly, and can't attract free agents? No, he has to go out and try to win a Championship, like a chump.

"What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

"Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

"Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

Legend
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 876
    Given: 727

Quote Originally Posted by heitclone View Post
    Agreed, people forget Miami lost in the finals LJ's first year down there. It took them awhile to gel but the one difference is in Miami, Wade and James were essentially the same position. The Love/Irving/James combo is more "traditional" and may make the transition easier.
    CyJack is going to flip about bringing this up, but it's very relevant. It took maybe the worst choke job in history by LeBron for them not to win a title that first year. Some of it may have been like you said because he overlapped too much with Wade initially, but he had the biggest drop from regular season scoring to finals scoring in NBA history. I don't think we'll ever see that type of playoffs or finals drop from LeBron again. If he plays anywhere near his season average Miami has a threepeat out of the gate. This finals against the Spurs LBJ did play well but it was just obvious that team wasn't going to beat that SA team the way they were playing.

With how weak the East is I would expect Cleveland in this finals, the way LeBron played the previous three finals after a learning experience that first with Miami I would give Cleveland a good shot to win this year if they have Love. If Rose stays healthy and reports from Team USA camp are true Chicago could give a LBJ/Love/Irving Clevland a battle but they'll cruise through the rest to the finals.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 877
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 194
    Given: 42

Quote Originally Posted by HFCS View Post
    CyJack is going to flip about bringing this up, but it's very relevant. It took maybe the worst choke job in history by LeBron for them not to win a title that first year. Some of it may have been like you said because he overlapped too much with Wade initially, but he had the biggest drop from regular season scoring to finals scoring in NBA history. I don't think we'll ever see that type of playoffs or finals drop from LeBron again. If he plays anywhere near his season average Miami has a threepeat out of the gate. This finals against the Spurs LBJ did play well but it was just obvious that team wasn't going to beat that SA team the way they were playing.

With how weak the East is I would expect Cleveland in this finals, the way LeBron played the previous three finals after a learning experience that first with Miami I would give Cleveland a good shot to win this year if they have Love. If Rose stays healthy and reports from Team USA camp are true Chicago could give a LBJ/Love/Irving Clevland a battle but they'll cruise through the rest to the finals.
    I won't disagree with you that LeBron didn't play well in his first Finals in Miami, Miami's offense was also somewhat of a mess during that Finals and they had no real plan on how to attack the zone concepts that Carlisle was throwing at them. But over the next two years Miami completely reinvented their offense around LeBron, going small and just surrounding him with shooting, including turning Bosh into the best pick and pop big man in the game. As I've said before, LeBron has his blueprint on offensive, he's getting a better 3-point shooting big man and a big upgrade at pg over Chalmers. He knows this Cleveland team won't be able to defend like Miami did, especially his first three years there, but they can outscore everyone.

All-Star
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 261
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 88
    Given: 34

Assuming Love resigns this deal should benefit both parties.

The one constant is that the Cavs front office is terrible and always desperate to make a move and even more desperate now that Lebron came back. They bent over backwards filling the roster with overpaid role players that Lebron told them he wanted. Then when it didn't work out, he bailed for Miami. Now history could be repeating itself. Example: They released Carlos Boozer from the last year of his rookie contract under the hand shake agreement that he'd resign. Their show of good faith to get Boozer more money faster was met with Boozer signing a better deal with Utah behind their backs. Classic Cavs front office stuff. If Love leaves after next season and Wiggins turns into the next Pippen, I'll revel in the schadenfraude.

"You have great authority in your quotes, if you ascribe them to someone else."

-Some Guy

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by mcblogerson View Post
    Assuming Love resigns this deal should benefit both parties.

The one constant is that the Cavs front office is terrible and always desperate to make a move and even more desperate now that Lebron came back. They bent over backwards filling the roster with overpaid role players that Lebron told them he wanted. Then when it didn't work out, he bailed for Miami. Now history could be repeating itself. Example: They released Carlos Boozer from the last year of his rookie contract under the hand shake agreement that he'd resign. Their show of good faith to get Boozer more money faster was met with Boozer signing a better deal with Utah behind their backs. Classic Cavs front office stuff. If Love leaves after next season and Wiggins turns into the next Pippen, I'll revel in the schadenfraude.
    Trying to win now with a 22 year old LeBron was dumb, trying to win now with a 29 year old LeBron, not so dumb.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 544
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,097
    Given: 432

Lebron, Irving, Love > Lebron, Bosh, Wade

Love can shoot better than Bosh and Love actually rebounds. Wade's knees are done.

When, if ever, has Lebron played with a great point guard? Mario Chalmers isn't even a top 20 NBA point guard. Did you see him in the playoffs? Terrible.

"Tonight's forecast... a freeze is coming." - Matty Ice
    #cyclONEnation

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

If I was Minnesota, I wouldn't be trying to trade for Thad Young. I'd be looking to build around a Wiggins-Lavine-Dieng core, run Shabazz out there a lot, see if he can be a productive NBA player, head toward 60+ losses and look to get Mundilay or one of the several big men headlining next year's draft.

Pro
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 88
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 447
    Given: 242

Quote Originally Posted by CyJack13 View Post
    If I was Minnesota, I wouldn't be trying to trade for Thad Young. I'd be looking to build around a Wiggins-Lavine-Dieng core, run Shabazz out there a lot, see if he can be a productive NBA player, head toward 60+ losses and look to get Mundilay or one of the several big men headlining next year's draft.
    Yep. Until the NBA changes the lottery to discourage tanking, Minny should be stockpiling assets and aiming to be the worst team in the league. But because it's Minnesota and because Flip Saunders is evidently some kind of bulletproof idiot, they'll find a way to screw it up.

Addict
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 1,186
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 162

I really hope that the draft pick isn't their highest of the 3. Not a huge fan of this trade, but... the Cavs gonna Cav.

#BEATIOWA

All-Star
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 460
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 77

Quote Originally Posted by DandyCyclone View Post
    Lebron, Irving, Love > Lebron, Bosh, Wade

Love can shoot better than Bosh and Love actually rebounds. Wade's knees are done.

When, if ever, has Lebron played with a great point guard? Mario Chalmers isn't even a top 20 NBA point guard. Did you see him in the playoffs? Terrible.
    Also Bradley Beal and Tristian Thompson are better 4-5 players than the Heat had 4 years ago (Haslem/Chalmers), not to mention having Anderson V, Mike Miller and the possibility of adding both Shawn Marion and Ray Allen. Cleveland also has 2 first rounders next year to help fill a postion via draft or trade if there is a immediate need.

No doubt this Cav's team is better set up than the Heat were when LeBron took his talents to South Beach. Still Miami made it to 4 Finals in a row.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by jbindm View Post
    Yep. Until the NBA changes the lottery to discourage tanking, Minny should be stockpiling assets and aiming to be the worst team in the league. But because it's Minnesota and because Flip Saunders is evidently some kind of bulletproof idiot, they'll find a way to screw it up.
    It's very tough to handle the duties as both coach and GM. There's conflicting, short term vs long term interests in play and a lot of coaches aren't going to want to suffer through terrible seasons if they can control it.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by LLCoolJansma View Post
    Also Bradley Beal and Tristian Thompson are better 4-5 players than the Heat had 4 years ago (Haslem/Chalmers), not to mention having Anderson V, Mike Miller and the possibility of adding both Shawn Marion and Ray Allen. Cleveland also has 2 first rounders next year to help fill a postion via draft or trade if there is a immediate need.

No doubt this Cav's team is better set up than the Heat were when LeBron took his talents to South Beach. Still Miami made it to 4 Finals in a row.
    Bradley Beal is definitely not on the Cavs.

Addict
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 491
    Given: 148

Well looks like it is Bennett, Wiggins, and next years 1st rounder for Love. CONFIRMED

Ah well. We'll see what the Cavs big 3 was like. I really thought that Wiggins would be able to carry the load after LeBron retires. Now we're all or nothing for the next 5 years.

My teams: (as of 6/15/14)
    Cleveland Browns: 4-12 - .250
    Cleveland Indians: 34-35 - .493
    Cleveland Cavs: 33-49 - .402
    Iowa State Cyclones (FB): 3-9 - .250
    Iowa State Cyclones (BB): 28-8 - .778

Speechless
    Overall activity: 65.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,162
    Given: 2,435

Quote Originally Posted by ISUCyclones2015 View Post
    Well looks like it is Bennett, Wiggins, and next years 1st rounder for Love. CONFIRMED

Ah well. We'll see what the Cavs big 3 was like. I really thought that Wiggins would be able to carry the load after LeBron retires. Now we're all or nothing for the next 5 years.
    I guess they are just not willing to risk Wiggins needing a couple years to be all star quality.

They only have maybe 5 years left of Lebrons prime so they want to win now and mortgage the future.

I kinda like the T-Wolves so I'll be interested to see how well they do. Of course Wiggins and Bennett will just leave when they become free agents because noone wants to play in MN.