View Poll Results: Would you trade Andrew Wiggins in a deal for Kevin Love?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

83 67.48%
  • No

40 32.52%
Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 1,043
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 187
    Given: 40

Re: Kevin Love Trade Scenario (Poll)

Sounds more and more like the deal is done and it's just a matter of waiting until Wiggins is eligible to be traded.

http://www.si.com/nba/2014/08/04/ant...s-philadelphia

Starter
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 885
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 133
    Given: 11

I don't get it from Cleveland's perspective.

If Love agrees to sign an extension beforehand, so you've locked him in for the rest of his 20s with Lebron and Kyrie, okay, I guess I understand it. You wonder what "might have been" with Lebron and Wiggins in the long-term, and if they could have just signed Love as a free agent after next year, but I understand the move.

However, for one-year rental, potentially? And GUTTING your roster's potential otherwise?

Lebron could bail again in two years and leave Kyrie stuck alone after Love leaves for LA or GS, Lebron continues chasing rings, and all the young talent on this roster is now playing it up for MN or PHI.

What a Cleveland move.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmapolis View Post

If Love agrees to sign an extension beforehand, so you've locked him in for the rest of his 20s with Lebron and Kyrie, okay, I guess I understand it. You wonder what "might have been" with Lebron and Wiggins in the long-term, and if they could have just signed Love as a free agent after next year, but I understand the move.

However, for one-year rental, potentially? And GUTTING your roster's potential otherwise?

Lebron could bail again in two years and leave Kyrie stuck alone after Love leaves for LA or GS, Lebron continues chasing rings, and all the young talent on this roster is now playing it up for MN or PHI.

What a Cleveland move.
    If you don't make this move, LeBron could leave because you wasted the end of his prime trying to develop a rookie who may never become anything more than a good defender with a streaky jump shot. LeBron and his team are calling the shots here. He found his blueprint in Miami, Miami's small/shooting lineups (Bosh/LeBron/Miller/Battier/Allen/Chalmers) without Wade on the floor put up insane offensive numbers against great defenses in the playoffs. Irving is a huge offensive upgrade over Chalmers, Love is a better 3 point shooter than Bosh and can fill the elite shooting big man role that only a few guys in the league can, he's brought Miller over and trying to get Allen back too. LeBron's a very smart guy, I think he realizes the Cavs aren't going to win with defense, but if they get Love they may just be able to outscore everyone.

Pro
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 820
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 363
    Given: 218

Quote Originally Posted by CyJack13 View Post
    If you don't make this move, LeBron could leave because you wasted the end of his prime trying to develop a rookie who may never become anything more than a good defender with a streaky jump shot. LeBron and his team are calling the shots here. He found his blueprint in Miami, Miami's small/shooting lineups (Bosh/LeBron/Miller/Battier/Allen/Chalmers) without Wade on the floor put up insane offensive numbers against great defenses in the playoffs. Irving is a huge offensive upgrade over Chalmers, Love is a better 3 point shooter than Bosh and can fill the elite shooting big man role that only a few guys in the league can, he's brought Miller over and trying to get Allen back too. LeBron's a very smart guy, I think he realizes the Cavs aren't going to win with defense, but if they get Love they may just be able to outscore everyone.
    Right. By acquiring Kevin Love, the Cavs are announcing that they intend to win now. Lebron's letter was nice and all, but the part about being patient was pure lip service. He wants more rings, and the quickest way for Cleveland to compete is to bring in the best shooting big man in the NBA so they can run the offense that Lebron is most effective in.

Starter
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 264
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 153
    Given: 144

So the "no pressure on Cleveland to make a move" narrative may have been wrong?

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by ISU42 View Post
    So the "no pressure on Cleveland to make a move" narrative may have been wrong?
    I've always assumed they told LeBron they would trade for Love when he met with Dan Gilbert in Miami. The fact that LeBron hasn't even spoken Wiggins backs that up.

Starter
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 264
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 153
    Given: 144

I've always assumed they told LeBron they would trade for Love when he met with Dan Gilbert in Miami. The fact that LeBron hasn't even spoken Wiggins backs that up.
    It was more of a poke towards a couple of Cavs fans that thought all of the pressure was on Minnesota and Wiggins wouldn't be a part of the trade. Good times.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by ISU42 View Post
    It was more of a poke towards a couple of Cavs fans that thought all of the pressure was on Minnesota and Wiggins wouldn't be a part of the trade. Good times.
    Yeah, I don't know how anyone thought the Cavs would get Love with a package centered around Anthony Bennett, Dion Waiters and mid first round picks. But apparently some people wanted to try to talk themselves into that.

Starter
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 885
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 133
    Given: 11

I still think Cleveland is going to have egg on its face if this one-year Dream Team falls apart if it can't gel or have the right mix of luck to win the first year, and if Love wants to go Lakers or Clippers all along, and Lebron follows after two years "back home" and a swing and a miss.

They're giving up A LOT for a one-year rental if that's the actual deal. It's a lot--but, in some universe, reasonable--for an extended Love, but one-year, with no guarantees... yikes...

Pro
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 780
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 61
    Given: 0

I still think Cleveland is going to have egg on its face if this one-year Dream Team falls apart if it can't gel or have the right mix of luck to win the first year, and if Love wants to go Lakers or Clippers all along, and Lebron follows after two years "back home" and a swing and a miss.

They're giving up A LOT for a one-year rental if that's the actual deal. It's a lot--but, in some universe, reasonable--for an extended Love, but one-year, with no guarantees... yikes...
    This is what I don't understand. Instill think the information coming out is all from Minnesota. If it's not then Cleveland is more stupid than I thought. Minnesota does not have any leverage. They won't get anything for him if he leaves next year and Love has said Clevelend is the only team he would consider signing an extension with. So no other teams are going to be trading for him now. Cleveland is bidding with themselves. Their front office is incompetent. Lebron and Irving have max deals and Love will want a max deal. How the heck are they going to afford to put anything resembling a team around them? And if they get Love and he walks. Then what?

Pro
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 780
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 61
    Given: 0

Lebron isn't leaving. He is positioning himself to make more money.

Addict
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,383
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 182
    Given: 49

James is staying in CLE - his rep is good as it is going to get. If he left again he would be the Arod of basketball (everyone would boo him).

Love and James just want to have the option of being FA's next year with the new TV deal and the new cap number.

All-Star
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 567
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 105
    Given: 76

Wojo reporting now that the details have been worked out it'll be Wiggins/Bennett and a 2015 1st for Love which is what most expected.
    The new news is and maybe most important for the Cav's Love has agreed to sign a long term extension (5/120) after this year.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/source...054657392.html

Rookie
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 120
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 3

It has been talked about a lot that the Twolves will most likely try to pick up Thad Young from the Sixers. I am assuming the 1st rounder will be used for that.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 850
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 100
    Given: 229

What a Cleveland move.
    Those teams have become farm systems for the NBA's marquee teams, that combined with the Lebron "ring chase" lottery every few years will make todays young talent tomorrows free agency darlings. Idk why Kevin Love doesn't get more criticism for being a ring chaser?