Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 123

Thread: David Irving

  1. #46
    Speechless
    Points: 467,298, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    70,964
    Points
    467,298
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,376
    Given: 2,181

    Re: David Irving

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyhart View Post
    To be fair, Coe was not kicked off for any criminal activity. He was dismissed for missing meetings, and all-around irresponsibility/laziness.
    In football, laziness is a crime.


    Let Prohm's Posse Ride: Hallice, Brady, Stu, Lard, Naz, Deonte, Monte, Matt, Simeon, Jordan, and Babb.

  2. #47
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 120,411, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,693
    Points
    120,411
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 918
    Given: 0

    Re: David Irving

    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbuk View Post
    I feel like for a d-lineman to really affect win-loss totals you need to be talking about someone like N. Suh or Clowney.
    I can't tell if you're joking or not.



  3. #48
    Speechless
    Points: 467,298, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    70,964
    Points
    467,298
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,376
    Given: 2,181

    Re: David Irving

    Quote Originally Posted by ripvdub View Post
    Irving has moved back to Cali. I think he had to come back for a few days ago for some reason, at least thats what it looked like on twitter.
    Court appearance? VEISHA Committee?


    Let Prohm's Posse Ride: Hallice, Brady, Stu, Lard, Naz, Deonte, Monte, Matt, Simeon, Jordan, and Babb.

  4. #49
    Speechless
    Points: 273,560, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Rabbuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    20,492
    Points
    273,560
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,782
    Given: 165

    Re: David Irving

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhoadhoused View Post
    There is nothing more powerful in football than interior disruption. Pressure through the middle of the pocket messes absolutely everything up.
    I was more talking about between like say a competent d-lineman and a superstar d-lineman. Our problem isn't that Coe and Irving were stars, it's we don't have any competent lineman.


    The Official Paul Rhode's Salt Truck Driver.

  5. #50
    Legend
    Points: 191,445, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Rhoadhoused's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    11,184
    Points
    191,445
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,493
    Given: 775

    Re: David Irving

    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbuk View Post
    I was more talking about between like say a competent d-lineman and a superstar d-lineman. Our problem isn't that Coe and Irving were stars, it's we don't have any competent lineman.
    Irving at DT and Coe, those guys were playmakers. The closest thing we had. Especially Coe.

    My hope he we have a much more disciplined defense and the sum is greater the whole of the parts next year. That seems to be a key to our decent Ds under Wally B.



  6. #51
    Speechless
    Points: 273,560, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Rabbuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    20,492
    Points
    273,560
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,782
    Given: 165

    Re: David Irving

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhoadhoused View Post
    Irving at DT and Coe, those were playmakers. The closest thing we had. Especially Coe.

    My hope he we have a much more disciplined defense and the sum is greater the whole of the parts next year. That seems to be a key to our decent Ds under Wally B.
    I disagree that they were really playmakers. They had 2 sacks between the two of them.


    The Official Paul Rhode's Salt Truck Driver.

  7. #52
    Pro
    Points: 34,797, Level: 57
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 653
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Scott34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Cedar Rapids
    Posts
    2,876
    Points
    34,797
    Level
    57
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 394
    Given: 682

    Re: David Irving

    Quote Originally Posted by CyDude16 View Post
    How many players have we kept with legal issues? You can act holier than art thou, but it's apparent our program will give second or third chances. I'll give second chances if it means more wins.

    honor before victory as nice as it'd be, is just a sentimental plack at JTS.
    There's a difference between getting another chance while still one the team. I'm talking about Coe and Irving, they have been booted off the team. These guys don't deserve any more chances.


    "Its time to roll up our sleeves, put on our hard hats and go to work together"


  8. #53
    Legend
    Points: 191,445, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Rhoadhoused's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    11,184
    Points
    191,445
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,493
    Given: 775

    Re: David Irving

    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbuk View Post
    I disagree that they were really playmakers. They had 2 sacks between the two of them.
    Irving I'll give you, but Coe came on very strong at the end of the year.

    I believe Trey Scott listed Coe as a top 5 player on our entire team. In the Big 12 teams get the ball out fast and that limits sacks, but that doesn't mean there wasn't disruption.

    Plus, we were 3-9. It's hard to rack up and stats on such a bad defense even if you're the best/most talented player on that defense.



  9. #54
    Speechless
    Points: 467,298, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    70,964
    Points
    467,298
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,376
    Given: 2,181

    Re: David Irving

    Coe really cleaned up on KU and WVU.


    Let Prohm's Posse Ride: Hallice, Brady, Stu, Lard, Naz, Deonte, Monte, Matt, Simeon, Jordan, and Babb.

  10. #55
    Addict
    Points: 92,080, Level: 94
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 1,070
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    5,376
    Points
    92,080
    Level
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,251
    Given: 3

    Re: David Irving

    Quote Originally Posted by awd4cy View Post
    You're right. We should just let criminals back on the team. Players in the future will know they can do whatever they want because there won't be any repercussions. How brilliant. It's not like our DL wasn't going to be garbage with them anyways.
    My boss just got fired. He's an industry-known expert in gas trading and it will be a huge blow to my company. But he's gone and the company will continue to exist and even thrive now that he's gone. It will take some time to build that expertise back up, but we'll be a much stronger department because of it.

    But we should totality let criminals and cancers play on the team even if the team doesn't want them on the team because we may win another game or 2 - or have lots of players completely lose faith in team leadership and start to phone it in. Because that's whats important.



  11. #56
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 5,354, Level: 21
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 196
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    244
    Points
    5,354
    Level
    21
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 11

    Re: David Irving

    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbuk View Post
    I feel like for a d-lineman to really affect win-loss totals you need to be talking about someone like Brandon Jensen.
    FIFY

    At least that is what I have been told.



  12. #57
    Starter
    Points: 10,274, Level: 30
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 276
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    621
    Points
    10,274
    Level
    30
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 14

    Re: David Irving

    Quote Originally Posted by SpokaneCY View Post
    My boss just got fired. He's an industry-known expert in gas trading and it will be a huge blow to my company. But he's gone and the company will continue to exist and even thrive now that he's gone. It will take some time to build that expertise back up, but we'll be a much stronger department because of it.

    But we should totality let criminals and cancers play on the team even if the team doesn't want them on the team because we may win another game or 2 - or have lots of players completely lose faith in team leadership and start to phone it in. Because that's whats important.


    Agree - in the long run we are better of without them. And I question those that say we may win 1 or 2 more games with them. I think they impact the team more negatively than they are a benefit to it.



  13. #58
    Starter
    Points: 12,694, Level: 34
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 656
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    807
    Points
    12,694
    Level
    34
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 122
    Given: 170

    Re: David Irving

    Quote Originally Posted by SpokaneCY View Post
    My boss just got fired. He's an industry-known expert in gas trading and it will be a huge blow to my company. But he's gone and the company will continue to exist and even thrive now that he's gone. It will take some time to build that expertise back up, but we'll be a much stronger department because of it.

    But we should totality let criminals and cancers play on the team even if the team doesn't want them on the team because we may win another game or 2 - or have lots of players completely lose faith in team leadership and start to phone it in. Because that's whats important.
    So what's your point?



  14. #59
    Legend
    Points: 229,475, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CyDude16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Heads in the sky
    Posts
    11,040
    Points
    229,475
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,004
    Given: 2,696

    Re: David Irving

    Quote Originally Posted by SpokaneCY View Post
    My boss just got fired. He's an industry-known expert in gas trading and it will be a huge blow to my company. But he's gone and the company will continue to exist and even thrive now that he's gone. It will take some time to build that expertise back up, but we'll be a much stronger department because of it.

    But we should totality let criminals and cancers play on the team even if the team doesn't want them on the team because we may win another game or 2 - or have lots of players completely lose faith in team leadership and start to phone it in. Because that's whats important.
    lolol.



  15. #60
    Addict
    Points: 90,027, Level: 93
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 1,223
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ripvdub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sk-Ankeny
    Posts
    7,560
    Points
    90,027
    Level
    93
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 297
    Given: 809

    Re: David Irving

    Man do i miss Frere and Curvey.


    #BEATIOWA

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBA
  • Football Season Opener vs. UNI
  • September 3, 2016
  • 07:00 PM