1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 69
    Given: 125

Re: Need some advice on a relationship

Quote Originally Posted by GoSTATE71 View Post
    Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone could shed some wisdom and advice on a dating situation I'm currently in. Basically, I've been seeing this girl seriously for close to a year now and she recently informed me that she used to have a serious drug problem but has since been clean for 4 years, and she has a masters in nursing now, works hard and from what I can tell, is a completely different person. Our relationship is fantastic, loving and a ton of fun and we get along great and have had no major arguments or fights to date. Now, what bugs me is that it took awhile for her to tell me. When I asked why she never told me she admitted that it was a long time ago and thought that I might judge her harshly for it or think differently of her and was scared it might mess up our relationship. We have since talked about it and I do feel somewhat better but is this a red flag I'm being oblivious to? Like I said, its been a great relationship but its starting to get more serious now and I just thought I'd get some advice before it goes further. Thanks!
    If there is a problem. It be you!

All-Star
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,326
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 144

When my wife and I started dating, I realized she had a clown collection. We were already getting serious, and it took me almost six months to tell her how I HATE CLOWNS. Like with a passion. I'm not afraid of them, I just think they are creepy and people who dress like clowns are creepy. I finally came clean on our first trip to Chicago and she ended up laughing about the whole thing(she really wasn't that in to clown either, it was her grandma's collection that she inherited). Anyhow, a little thing like that was super tough to talk about. I couldn't imagine how tough it was for your GF to bring up her past addiction. As long as she wasn't prostituting for dope, or sharing needles, I don't think you have a whole lot worry about. Talk to her about it. Ask questions, but don't grill.

Quote Originally Posted by Cycl1 View Post
    seriously who says "cowl"?

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 409
    Given: 1,730

More serious then weed, and no she doesn't associate with those same people, she actually moved to Iowa because she had family here and finished her bachelors and then masters and it was purely a move to get away from those people.
    Sounds like it was probably just blow?? Was she a big partier? If it is blow, I think it'd be fine but TBH I'd have reservations about Meth or Heroin or some other hard stuff.

While on live TV, Ford used a vulgar term to describe a private part of the female anatomy, adding that he was “happily married” and “got more than enough to eat at home.”

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 409
    Given: 1,730

Quote Originally Posted by CyBroncos View Post
    If it was coke, I probably wouldn't be too worried about it, probably got caught up with a hard partying crowd. Now heroin or meth...that would freak me out a little bit, just saying
    Whoah I literally just wrote the same thing. Totally agree.

While on live TV, Ford used a vulgar term to describe a private part of the female anatomy, adding that he was “happily married” and “got more than enough to eat at home.”

All-Star
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 449
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 97
    Given: 170

I wouldn't worry, dating a girl who did coke for a while post college, and basically said it was because she didn't know where to channel her energy. She was a former athlete that spent all of her time studying/playing and on the straight and narrow, got done with school, fell into the wrong crowd, and spent 6 months post college partying extremely hard. Basically moved from that city when one of her friends went too far and got in a lot of trouble.

It was really tough for her to tell me, 20 minutes of incoherent crying while she unloaded one night. I'm personally of the opinion that 15-25 year olds are the worlds dumbest people, followed closely by 25-30 year olds. I'm shocked that I made it out alive, so finding out someone else did some dumb **** is reassuring that I did it right.

Good luck, sounds like she's a good time... I guess I'd only be worried if she's still going out and getting wrecked every weekend.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 104
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 9

Quote Originally Posted by DurangoCy View Post
    I wouldn't worry, dating a girl who did coke for a while post college, and basically said it was because she didn't know where to channel her energy. She was a former athlete that spent all of her time studying/playing and on the straight and narrow, got done with school, fell into the wrong crowd, and spent 6 months post college partying extremely hard. Basically moved from that city when one of her friends went too far and got in a lot of trouble.

It was really tough for her to tell me, 20 minutes of incoherent crying while she unloaded one night. I'm personally of the opinion that 15-25 year olds are the worlds dumbest people, followed closely by 25-30 year olds. I'm shocked that I made it out alive, so finding out someone else did some dumb **** is reassuring that I did it right.

Good luck, sounds like she's a good time... I guess I'd only be worried if she's still going out and getting wrecked every weekend.
    No, she isn't. She'll have 2 or 3 beers with me or when were out with friend but never gets drunk. At least I haven't seen her drunk besides 1 time for a friends wedding. Overall, she's a great time and a great gf. She avoids anyone into drugs or heavy drinking and counsels kids with drug problems of their own (helps them get back into school, find jobs, etc)

All-Star
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 449
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 97
    Given: 170

No, she isn't. She'll have 2 or 3 beers with me or when were out with friend but never gets drunk. At least I haven't seen her drunk besides 1 time for a friends wedding. Overall, she's a great time and a great gf. She avoids anyone into drugs or heavy drinking and counsels kids with drug problems of their own (helps them get back into school, find jobs, etc)

Keeper! Lock her up, figuratively of course.