Recommend Best Microwave Popcorn - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 54
  1. #31
    Pro
    Points: 53,717, Level: 71
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 333
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    uro cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,398
    Points
    53,717
    Level
    71
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 107
    Given: 91

    Re: Recommend Best Microwave Popcorn

    Get a Whirley Pop.
    Full batch on the stove top, less than five minutes. Far simpler and more consistent than your dad's stovetop popper. With Orville's brand I get around 10 unpopped kernels per batch.



  2. #32
    Addict
    Points: 112,922, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 95.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    cyrocksmypants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    9,518
    Points
    112,922
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,168
    Given: 131

    Re: Recommend Best Microwave Popcorn

    The kind I get at the movie theater. No butter.

    Seriously. I'm weird, but I'm a fan of slightly stale popcorn. There would be times in college I'd just pop some at night, throw it in a bowl and leave it so I could eat it for breakfast.

    Same with like, Peeps or marshmallow treats. Open the pack then let it air out (or if I'm impatient, freeze them).



  3. #33
    Legend
    Points: 311,394, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    00clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Iowa City area
    Posts
    10,668
    Points
    311,394
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,580
    Given: 613

    Re: Recommend Best Microwave Popcorn

    Quote Originally Posted by cyrocksmypants View Post
    The kind I get at the movie theater. No butter.

    Seriously. I'm weird, but I'm a fan of slightly stale popcorn. There would be times in college I'd just pop some at night, throw it in a bowl and leave it so I could eat it for breakfast.

    Same with like, Peeps or marshmallow treats. Open the pack then let it air out (or if I'm impatient, freeze them).

    Well, then you just keep your arse over there in Hawaii....'cause we don't need weirdos like you around here, and we sure don't need you polluting the minds of our children with your stale popcorn enjoyment.

    <full disclosure, my weirdo wife is the same way...I could make her happy everyday by bringing home a bag of popcorn from our machine at work, and letting it sit on the counter overnight, but I...just...can't...do it. It's not natural>




    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirl836
    moar yoga pants, please.

  4. #34
    Rookie
    Points: 13,706, Level: 35
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 344
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    WhatMeWorry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    524
    Points
    13,706
    Level
    35
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 51

    Re: Recommend Best Microwave Popcorn

    Of course non microwave popcorn is better people. That wasn't the thread topic however.

    Kind of like best bbq in Des Moines question and people harping KC.

    You don't need a hotel room until you know you do...



  5. #35
    Pro
    Points: 61,679, Level: 77
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,571
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    SC Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    2,392
    Points
    61,679
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 115
    Given: 152

    Re: Recommend Best Microwave Popcorn

    Iowa company and I'll take the Pepsi Challenge with this any day. Yumm!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	041960015.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	187.1 KB 
ID:	27401



  6. #36
    Pro
    Points: 53,570, Level: 71
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 480
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    MeanDean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Clarence IA-Jensen Bch FL
    Posts
    3,139
    Points
    53,570
    Level
    71
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 421
    Given: 648

    Re: Recommend Best Microwave Popcorn

    Quote Originally Posted by cyrocksmypants View Post
    The kind I get at the movie theater. No butter.

    Seriously. I'm weird, but I'm a fan of slightly stale popcorn. There would be times in college I'd just pop some at night, throw it in a bowl and leave it so I could eat it for breakfast.

    Same with like, Peeps or marshmallow treats. Open the pack then let it air out (or if I'm impatient, freeze them).
    Along this vein, and also completely off topic, have you ever double-toasted your bread? Just toast it normally but only don't let it brown. Remove from toaster and let it get back to room temp (stand on edge to allow both sides to cool and dry out). Reinsert in the toaster until it's brown. Very crispy - kind of like a crouton. Love the melted butter on there and the CRUNCH. But then I love crunchy food, too.


    No matter what, I could NEVER cheer for Dirt and Urine.

  7. #37
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 108,381, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    oldman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,519
    Points
    108,381
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 292
    Given: 782

    Re: Recommend Best Microwave Popcorn

    Quote Originally Posted by CYCLNST8 View Post
    HyVee brand ain't too bad actually. I definitely want one of these someday though:

    We have one at our office. Mighty nice!


    "Just remember, what you choose to do with each day is very important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it" -ET

    "I'm trying not to sweat the small stuff in my life, but there is a definite learning curve." -CE

  8. #38
    Addict
    Points: 109,349, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    tm3308's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Corydon/Iowa City, IA
    Posts
    5,490
    Points
    109,349
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 374
    Given: 331

    Re: Recommend Best Microwave Popcorn

    Quote Originally Posted by SC Cy View Post
    Iowa company and I'll take the Pepsi Challenge with this any day. Yumm!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	041960015.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	187.1 KB 
ID:	27401
    This is definitely one of my staples, but sometimes I make myself sick of it by eating too much over a relatively short period of time.


    “Hawks tell us we have no future, and we let you know what we think of Hawk fans, which is a lower opinion all the time.” – CycloneErik 7/25/2011

    “With the exception of tm3308. He is a good contributor on this site. It is almost to the point that I question if he is actually a hawk fan. ” -- Cyclonestate78 7/25/2011

    “He broke the mold. If he wrote the OP, I would have read the whole thing.” – CycloneErik 7/25/2011

  9. #39
    Addict
    Points: 112,922, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 95.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    cyrocksmypants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    9,518
    Points
    112,922
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,168
    Given: 131

    Re: Recommend Best Microwave Popcorn

    Quote Originally Posted by 00clone View Post
    Well, then you just keep your arse over there in Hawaii....'cause we don't need weirdos like you around here, and we sure don't need you polluting the minds of our children with your stale popcorn enjoyment.

    <full disclosure, my weirdo wife is the same way...I could make her happy everyday by bringing home a bag of popcorn from our machine at work, and letting it sit on the counter overnight, but I...just...can't...do it. It's not natural>
    Well your wife sounds like a wonderful and beautiful human being and you can tell her I congratulate her for putting up with a non-believer in the stale popcorn ways. To celebrate I'm going to Target today to buy some of their stale popcorn for lunch.



  10. #40
    Addict
    Points: 112,922, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 95.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    cyrocksmypants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    9,518
    Points
    112,922
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,168
    Given: 131

    Re: Recommend Best Microwave Popcorn

    Quote Originally Posted by MeanDean View Post
    Along this vein, and also completely off topic, have you ever double-toasted your bread? Just toast it normally but only don't let it brown. Remove from toaster and let it get back to room temp (stand on edge to allow both sides to cool and dry out). Reinsert in the toaster until it's brown. Very crispy - kind of like a crouton. Love the melted butter on there and the CRUNCH. But then I love crunchy food, too.
    Intrigued.....



  11. #41
    Legend
    Points: 311,394, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    00clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Iowa City area
    Posts
    10,668
    Points
    311,394
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,580
    Given: 613

    Re: Recommend Best Microwave Popcorn

    Quote Originally Posted by cyrocksmypants View Post
    Well your wife sounds like a wonderful and beautiful human being and you can tell her I congratulate her for putting up with a non-believer in the stale popcorn ways. To celebrate I'm going to Target today to buy some of their stale popcorn for lunch.




    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirl836
    moar yoga pants, please.

  12. #42
    Legend
    Points: 311,394, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    00clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Iowa City area
    Posts
    10,668
    Points
    311,394
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,580
    Given: 613

    Re: Recommend Best Microwave Popcorn

    Quote Originally Posted by cyrocksmypants View Post
    Intrigued.....

    You should just let your bread sit out for a week...since you like stale crap.




    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirl836
    moar yoga pants, please.

  13. #43
    Addict
    Points: 112,922, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 95.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    cyrocksmypants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    9,518
    Points
    112,922
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,168
    Given: 131

    Re: Recommend Best Microwave Popcorn

    Quote Originally Posted by 00clone View Post
    Oddly sexy...



  14. #44
    Addict
    Points: 112,922, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 95.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    cyrocksmypants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    9,518
    Points
    112,922
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,168
    Given: 131

    Re: Recommend Best Microwave Popcorn

    Quote Originally Posted by 00clone View Post
    You should just let your bread sit out for a week...since you like stale crap.
    Don't judge until you've tried.



  15. #45
    Starter
    Points: 8,040, Level: 26
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 110
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points1 year registered
    GWad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    643
    Points
    8,040
    Level
    26
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 78

    Re: Recommend Best Microwave Popcorn

    Quote Originally Posted by 00clone View Post
    Not the advice you're looking for, but I haven't had microwave popcorn in like 10 years. I use a pan at home, and we have a popper at work. I'll take the taste of homemade over the convenience of microwave anyday.
    a lot has changed in 10 years - you can now get both



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.tv
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Mississippi Valley State
  • December 31, 2014
  • 06:00 PM