SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 646
    Given: 404

Re: mens basketball renewals

Quote Originally Posted by CYUL8R View Post
    Unlikely.

Have you ever worked customer service - I sure as heck wouldn't want to field 25,000 questions about seats where everyone thinks they have a legit reason to get what they want and you know dang well that not everyone WILL get what they want. She shouldn't have been crabby, but let's face facts, those seats were already gone the second they didn't get renewed - they don't care who was sitting next to the empties last year when they can sell to any number of fans.

Not trying to be a jackwagon - but let's think about this a little before getting all peeved at a situation that is a direct result of overwhelming fan support and success of the team - not someone trying to screw you.
    Man you do sound like a jackwagon now that you mention it. Carry on.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,222
    Given: 1,834

Quote Originally Posted by CYUL8R View Post
    Unlikely.

Have you ever worked customer service - I sure as heck wouldn't want to field 25,000 questions about seats where everyone thinks they have a legit reason to get what they want and you know dang well that not everyone WILL get what they want. She shouldn't have been crabby, but let's face facts, those seats were already gone the second they didn't get renewed - they don't care who was sitting next to the empties last year when they can sell to any number of fans.

Not trying to be a jackwagon - but let's think about this a little before getting all peeved at a situation that is a direct result of overwhelming fan support and success of the team - not someone trying to screw you.
    But there is no "they haven't been renewed" situation yet, since it's not August 1st.

I don't think customer service was out to screw the poster, but he would have had a valid question deserving of a respectful answer. Treating customers well is a good thing, and it's starting to look as though we may be throwing that concept out the door.

Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!

http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

All-Star
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 741
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 42
    Given: 133

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    But there is no "they haven't been renewed" situation yet, since it's not August 1st.

I don't think customer service was out to screw the poster, but he would have had a valid question deserving of a respectful answer. Treating customers well is a good thing, and it's starting to look as though we may be throwing that concept out the door.
    Yeah, sorry. I should have kept my mouth shut - just came across as whiny to me. Is it the weekend yet?

Keepers of the Faith -- Member

Keepers of the Faith is an alliance for those who are excited, enthusiastic, and optimistic about the direction of our men's basketball program. We reject the notion that one bad loss can derail the incredible progress of the past three years. To join, put this in your signature.

Prospect
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 369
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneNick View Post
    I specifically donated to the NCC this year to ensure that I get season tickets. I attempted to get them yesterday online but the site kept crashing. Now it is saying that there are only singles available. Shouldn't donors be able to secure season tickets over non-donors even if they're behind the hoops?
    It was after 5 or 6 attempts to use the ISU ticketmaster site that I gave up and called the ticket office. I was on hold for about 6 minutes and then proceeded to reserve 4 seats. We'll see if they hold. If so, they'll be mine for as long as I want to keep them! Love that system.

All-Star
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 630
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 1

Just like over booking an airplane. Get their money ahead and use it while others make decisions about their tickets. Knowing they are likely going to renew. They just get the money sooner. Called cash flow...

Hit it hard, every yard

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 438
    Given: 378

Quote Originally Posted by 4CY4EVR View Post
    Got a hold of a lady in the ticket office who knew what was going on.. She confirmed what we have been saying. If you have tickets from last year, you are guaranteed them if you pay up. You can request an upgrade or purchase new tickets tbd but both are not guaranteed & unlikely based on the demand. If you do qualify for an upgrade they will charge you the difference and allow you to give up your old seats or refund you if you downgraded and overplayed. Everything will be reviewed based on current donation levels, previous donations and availability etc. so it's basically a wait and see deal but unlikely...

I forget her name, but there is a lady in the Ticket Office who is always very helpful . . . and then others who don't seem to know much and are trying to get the conversation over as quickly as possible.

Your summary of her confirmation seems to match the info I've been able to put together . . . the hard way . . . because I didn't get to talk to her.