The Leftovers - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 105

Thread: The Leftovers

  1. #16
    Speechless
    Points: 407,969, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 62.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    61,068
    Points
    407,969
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 874
    Given: 607

    Re: The Leftovers

    Real dark.


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

  2. #17
    Addict
    Points: 114,307, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    ImJustKCClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    8,343
    Points
    114,307
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,145
    Given: 2,929

    Re: The Leftovers

    Okay - I don't have HBO any more...but I read through these comments, and they seem to confirm what I guessed. Are "The Leftovers" in the title those remaining after "the Rapture" as it is understood by some Christian denominations?



  3. #18
    Legend
    Points: 170,031, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    The_Architect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Focus Town
    Posts
    11,871
    Points
    170,031
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 487
    Given: 2,046

    Re: The Leftovers

    Quote Originally Posted by ImJustKCClone View Post
    Okay - I don't have HBO any more...but I read through these comments, and they seem to confirm what I guessed. Are "The Leftovers" in the title those remaining after "the Rapture" as it is understood by some Christian denominations?
    Most likely although they haven't answered that and I don't think the characters will ever know for sure. There's a really funny scene where the news is listing off some of the celebrities who vanished and several of them are very random including Gary Busey.


    While on live TV, Ford used a vulgar term to describe a private part of the female anatomy, adding that he was “happily married” and “got more than enough to eat at home.”

  4. #19
    Addict
    Points: 114,307, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    ImJustKCClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    8,343
    Points
    114,307
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,145
    Given: 2,929

    Re: The Leftovers

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Architect View Post
    Most likely although they haven't answered that and I don't think the characters will ever know for sure. There's a really funny scene where the news is listing off some of the celebrities who vanished and several of them are very random including Gary Busey.
    Oh sorry!!! Didn't mean to put a spoiler in!

    In Gary Busey's defense, he is brain-damaged from a motorcycle accident...not that there is much change in his personality from before the accident! ;)



  5. #20
    Addict
    Points: 114,307, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    ImJustKCClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    8,343
    Points
    114,307
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,145
    Given: 2,929

    Re: The Leftovers

    Actually, the phrase "mad dogs & Englishmen" comes to mind...and Busey isn't British...



  6. #21
    Legend
    Points: 170,031, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    The_Architect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Focus Town
    Posts
    11,871
    Points
    170,031
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 487
    Given: 2,046

    Re: The Leftovers

    Quote Originally Posted by ImJustKCClone View Post
    Oh sorry!!! Didn't mean to put a spoiler in!

    In Gary Busey's defense, he is brain-damaged from a motorcycle accident...not that there is much change in his personality from before the accident! ;)
    Ehh that's not a spoiler. The show comes out right away and shows people dissapearing and what most people think happened.


    While on live TV, Ford used a vulgar term to describe a private part of the female anatomy, adding that he was “happily married” and “got more than enough to eat at home.”

  7. #22
    Pro
    Points: 69,812, Level: 82
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,638
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CycloneWarning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,503
    Points
    69,812
    Level
    82
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 101
    Given: 45

    Re: The Leftovers

    Just got back from vacation and watched first two episodes on HBO OD.

    Very dark, but intriguing.

    Admit I am totally confused why Laurie would leave her kids and join GR. From the family picture, they did not even lose anyone? She possibly catch him in affair? GR is worst cult ever (and yes, I know, they don't think they are a cult).



  8. #23
    Pro
    Points: 66,961, Level: 80
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,089
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    TXCyclones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Heath, TX
    Posts
    3,210
    Points
    66,961
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 257
    Given: 209

    Re: The Leftovers

    Something is going to have to happen pretty quickly to give a hint as to what's coming or what's happened, or its going to lose viewers (me specifically). It's not a bad drama, and is filled with a lot of angst and tension, but to what ends? Give me some reason to keep me watching...


    Remember, you're unique. Just like everyone else.

  9. #24
    Legend
    Points: 170,031, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    The_Architect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Focus Town
    Posts
    11,871
    Points
    170,031
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 487
    Given: 2,046

    Re: The Leftovers

    I haven't watched the 3rd episode yet but it's on my queue. Probably tonight.


    While on live TV, Ford used a vulgar term to describe a private part of the female anatomy, adding that he was “happily married” and “got more than enough to eat at home.”

  10. #25
    Speechless
    Points: 217,502, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    17,508
    Points
    217,502
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 903
    Given: 551

    Re: The Leftovers

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Architect View Post
    I haven't watched the 3rd episode yet but it's on my queue. Probably tonight.
    3rd episode is the best yet in my opinion. Just great.

    I'm loving this show. Not exactly upbeat before bed on Sunday night, but its been great.



  11. #26
    Speechless
    Points: 309,378, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    cyhiphopp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Johnston
    Posts
    17,393
    Points
    309,378
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,790
    Given: 3,999

    Re: The Leftovers

    Quote Originally Posted by TXCyclones View Post
    Something is going to have to happen pretty quickly to give a hint as to what's coming or what's happened, or its going to lose viewers (me specifically). It's not a bad drama, and is filled with a lot of angst and tension, but to what ends? Give me some reason to keep me watching...

    The Prophet is up to something and the GR is making more moves. So I think it will escalate soon.
    I am officially hooked on the show. It was designed to be confusing and intriguing. I like how they didn't really explain everything right away.


    The one thing I wonder about, is why does everyone HATE the GR so VERY VERY much. I understand they are a freaky cult that stalks people until they join, but it seems like everyone really hates them. I would think an annoying non-violent cult wouldn't inspire mass violent opposition. Makes me think there's something else in the history.


    Of course people could be ****** about their loved ones being harrased and then joining the cult, but we will see.



  12. #27
    Legend
    Points: 170,031, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    The_Architect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Focus Town
    Posts
    11,871
    Points
    170,031
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 487
    Given: 2,046

    Re: The Leftovers

    Anyone still watching? Finally caught up last night and the last episode about Nora was fantastic. The acting is just so good on this show. I'm not sure what's up with Wayne the profit, I think maybe he's the Devil and he's impregnated the girl on the run who's pregnant with the Anti-******.


    While on live TV, Ford used a vulgar term to describe a private part of the female anatomy, adding that he was “happily married” and “got more than enough to eat at home.”

  13. #28
    All-Star
    Points: 50,345, Level: 69
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 805
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    cdnlngld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    1,087
    Points
    50,345
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 79
    Given: 152

    Re: The Leftovers

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Architect View Post
    Anyone still watching? Finally caught up last night and the last episode about Nora was fantastic. The acting is just so good on this show. I'm not sure what's up with Wayne the profit, I think maybe he's the Devil and he's impregnated the girl on the run who's pregnant with the Anti-******.
    This show is strange, but in a good way. I thought character development has been a little slow, I haven't realy figured out if there are good or bad people, or anyone I feel particularly drawn to, but based on the previews, I think this ride is a bout to get wild. What genera is this even supposed to fit into, horror, scifi, supernatural, cult, alien. I just have no idea where it is going but I am strangely drawn to the show as a whole.


    Quote Originally Posted by Cycl1 View Post
    seriously who says "cowl"?

  14. #29
    All-Star
    Points: 31,785, Level: 54
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 165
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    mdclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    1,671
    Points
    31,785
    Level
    54
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 100
    Given: 16

    Re: The Leftovers

    Quote Originally Posted by cyhiphopp View Post
    The Prophet is up to something and the GR is making more moves. So I think it will escalate soon.
    I am officially hooked on the show. It was designed to be confusing and intriguing. I like how they didn't really explain everything right away.


    The one thing I wonder about, is why does everyone HATE the GR so VERY VERY much. I understand they are a freaky cult that stalks people until they join, but it seems like everyone really hates them. I would think an annoying non-violent cult wouldn't inspire mass violent opposition. Makes me think there's something else in the history.


    Of course people could be ****** about their loved ones being harrased and then joining the cult, but we will see.
    I know it's an old post and the GR have done more crappy stuff since then, but everything they do seems designed to **** people off so I guess it's not surprising to me that everyone hates them. I think there was a line early on in the show where someone said something to the affect that people hate them because they are always trying to remind everyone of something they want to forget. Just watching the show makes me want to punch them in the face.



  15. #30
    Speechless
    Points: 217,502, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    17,508
    Points
    217,502
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 903
    Given: 551

    Re: The Leftovers

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Architect View Post
    Anyone still watching? Finally caught up last night and the last episode about Nora was fantastic. The acting is just so good on this show. I'm not sure what's up with Wayne the profit, I think maybe he's the Devil and he's impregnated the girl on the run who's pregnant with the Anti-******.
    Loving the show. Favorite two episodes were the character focus ones that centered around the preacher and Nora. Yeah, I have no idea where they are going with Wayne.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Mediacom 22
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Drake
  • December 20, 2014
  • 04:00 PM