Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 107
  1. #76
    square root(31) = 5.56776436
    Points: 538,158, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Angie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    18,971
    Points
    538,158
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,665
    Given: 7,085

    Re: News Anchor Inappropriate?

    Quote Originally Posted by snowcraig2.0 View Post
    But Kobe is smart enough not to make comments about hot females.
    Exactly. He knows to tailor his behavior since he IS scrutinized.


    M 7/09

    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighter4Cy View Post
    I got 99 problems but angie isn't one.

  2. #77
    Starter
    Points: 20,545, Level: 43
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 205
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    clone4life82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    738
    Points
    20,545
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 192

    Re: News Anchor Inappropriate?

    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirl836 View Post
    I can't imagine this story getting the same legs had it been a man in swimming trunks. Or at least the comments wouldn't all start off first saying that the guy shouldn't have been showing his abs because women can't control their objectification. Should she have been on air in a bikini? From a professional standpoint, I'm not sure it's the best idea ever. However, she was dressed appropriately for the venue/activities.

    ...literally...



  3. #78
    Legend
    Points: 219,893, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    MNCyGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    11,296
    Points
    219,893
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 877
    Given: 630

    Re: News Anchor Inappropriate?

    Quote Originally Posted by benjay View Post
    Why does his dropped rape accusation matter? You boys are treating him like Leath treats Bubu.
    a) it's not like it's not still gross without the context of the rape accusations
    b) if Bubu went on live TV or on record with comments like this after the year he's had, I'd call him out for a being an idiot too



  4. #79
    Addict
    Points: 106,111, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    ribsnwhiskey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    5,401
    Points
    106,111
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,328
    Given: 346

    Re: News Anchor Inappropriate?

    Regardless of everything else, it was completely unprofessional and pervy of the guy. Why would a news station want a guy like that representing them in this day and age?



  5. #80
    Addict
    Points: 181,958, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    snowcraig2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    7,562
    Points
    181,958
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 587
    Given: 87

    Re: News Anchor Inappropriate?

    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirl836 View Post
    I can't imagine this story getting the same legs had it been a man in swimming trunks. Or at least the comments wouldn't all start off first saying that the guy shouldn't have been showing his abs because women can't control their objectification. Should she have been on air in a bikini? From a professional standpoint, I'm not sure it's the best idea ever. However, she was dressed appropriately for the venue/activities.
    ahem....




  6. #81
    Speechless
    Points: 370,664, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranOverdriveRecommendation Second Class
    ISUCubswin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    My Playhouse
    Posts
    15,869
    Points
    370,664
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,745
    Given: 1,176

    Re: News Anchor Inappropriate?

    He was saying what every guy watching the show was thinking and the nation wants to castrate him for it.

    He's got balls.


    Self-Proclaimed Smartest and Goodest Looking Poster on Cyclone Fanatic 4 years running*

    *Fitzy not included

  7. #82
    Addict
    Points: 94,527, Level: 95
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 523
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredOverdrive50000 Experience Points
    CoKane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    8,472
    Points
    94,527
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,008
    Given: 3,980

    Re: News Anchor Inappropriate?

    Greg Kelly and Brent Musberger would be good friends. Brent would be all " Oh yeah, I'm liking that body. Oh yeah, get in that water.".



  8. #83
    Speechless
    Points: 221,728, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    HFCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    LA LA Land
    Posts
    18,447
    Points
    221,728
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,826
    Given: 2,499

    Re: News Anchor Inappropriate?

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUCubswin View Post
    He was saying what every guy watching the show was thinking and the nation wants to castrate him for it.

    He's got balls.
    What professions applaud people for saying exactly exactly what's on their mind with no filter? Maybe a radio shock jock but that's their job and the only one I can think of.

    thinking back to when I was a waiter in college:
    "man you are overweight and shouldn't be eating like this"
    "wow my customer is hot and busting out of her shirt"
    "these foreign people are rude and don't know about tipping"
    "my boss is an idiot"

    All 100% true and what I was really thinking but wouldn't have been doing my job by saying them. You could come up with 1000s of these for any job.


    Last edited by HFCS; 06-30-2014 at 11:22 AM.

  9. #84
    All-Star
    Points: 35,692, Level: 58
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 958
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    TruClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Eldridge, IA
    Posts
    1,544
    Points
    35,692
    Level
    58
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 142
    Given: 222

    Re: News Anchor Inappropriate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Incyte View Post
    Your argument is valid the next time you see a male news reporter in swim shorts at the scene of a car accident.
    Not even close to context here.



  10. #85
    Legend
    Points: 219,893, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    MNCyGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    11,296
    Points
    219,893
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 877
    Given: 630

    Re: News Anchor Inappropriate?

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUCubswin View Post
    He was saying what every guy watching the show was thinking and the nation wants to castrate him for it.

    He's got balls.
    Oh yea, this guy's a real American hero.



  11. #86
    Speechless
    Points: 370,664, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranOverdriveRecommendation Second Class
    ISUCubswin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    My Playhouse
    Posts
    15,869
    Points
    370,664
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,745
    Given: 1,176

    Re: News Anchor Inappropriate?

    Quote Originally Posted by HFCS View Post
    What professions applaud people for saying exactly exactly what's on their mind with no filter? Maybe a radio shock jock but that's their job and the only one I can think of.

    thinking back to when I was a waiter in college:
    "man you are overweight and shouldn't be eating like this"
    "wow my customer is hot and busting out of her shirt"
    "these foreign people are rude and don't know about tipping"
    "my boss is an idiot"

    All 100% true and what I was really thinking but wouldn't have been doing my job by saying them. You could come up with 1000s of these for any job.
    I'm not saying he should've said it on air, but we can't attack a man for saying what's on his mind. He should get fired, and that should be the end of it.

    For the record, he didn't say anything about her breasts, he just said he liked her swimsuit and that she should stay on camera. Was it inappropriate? Yes. Would I stop watching the show because of it? No.


    Self-Proclaimed Smartest and Goodest Looking Poster on Cyclone Fanatic 4 years running*

    *Fitzy not included

  12. #87
    Speechless
    Points: 370,664, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranOverdriveRecommendation Second Class
    ISUCubswin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    My Playhouse
    Posts
    15,869
    Points
    370,664
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,745
    Given: 1,176

    Re: News Anchor Inappropriate?

    Out of curiosity, what does the network gain from firing this guy? I agree with everyone that he should be fired because it's inappropriate, but by firing him, they are probably losing viewers. I'd love to watch something like this go down in the morning.


    Self-Proclaimed Smartest and Goodest Looking Poster on Cyclone Fanatic 4 years running*

    *Fitzy not included

  13. #88
    Pro
    Points: 46,786, Level: 66
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 164
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    KnappShack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    3,347
    Points
    46,786
    Level
    66
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,248
    Given: 765

    Re: News Anchor Inappropriate?

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUCubswin View Post
    I'm not saying he should've said it on air, but we can't attack a man for saying what's on his mind. He should get fired, and that should be the end of it.

    For the record, he didn't say anything about her breasts, he just said he liked her swimsuit and that she should stay on camera. Was it inappropriate? Yes. Would I stop watching the show because of it? No.
    What was on his mind was completely creepy. This girl was obviously uncomfortable with the assignment. When she is showing that she's obviously uncomfortable with disrobing this jackhole should've read the situation and not piled on.

    He's a dickwad who's trying to be outrageous like the other "Good Day" shows.

    Throw his *** in a suit and let the world see him play in the water park as an apology



  14. #89
    Speechless
    Points: 370,664, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranOverdriveRecommendation Second Class
    ISUCubswin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    My Playhouse
    Posts
    15,869
    Points
    370,664
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,745
    Given: 1,176

    Re: News Anchor Inappropriate?

    Quote Originally Posted by KnappShack View Post
    What was on his mind was completely creepy. This girl was obviously uncomfortable with the assignment. When she is showing that she's obviously uncomfortable with disrobing this jackhole should've read the situation and not piled on.

    He's a dickwad who's trying to be outrageous like the other "Good Day" shows.

    Throw his *** in a suit and let the world see him play in the water park as an apology
    I would be fine with this.

    The person who had the idea of making her get in her swimsuit is just as at fault as this guy.


    Self-Proclaimed Smartest and Goodest Looking Poster on Cyclone Fanatic 4 years running*

    *Fitzy not included

  15. #90
    All-Star
    Points: 33,944, Level: 56
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 306
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    abcguyks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Olathe
    Posts
    1,902
    Points
    33,944
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 118
    Given: 147

    Re: News Anchor Inappropriate?

    Quote Originally Posted by twocoach View Post
    Unprofessional is unprofessional. Would it be less of a story if it was a comment made by a woman about a man? Probably, but it wouldn't have been less inappropriate.
    Not arguing against you on this one. I am just saying that no one would have given it a second thought if the roles were reversed.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.TV
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • September 5, 2015
  • 07:00 PM