Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 77
  1. #16
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 95,662, Level: 96
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 1,388
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    ribsnwhiskey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    4,278
    Points
    95,662
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 610
    Given: 142

    Re: Ann Coulters informed take on Soccer

    Coulter gon' coulter.



  2. #17
    Speechless
    Points: 485,483, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Al_4_State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Driftless Region
    Posts
    19,124
    Points
    485,483
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 377
    Given: 116

    Re: Ann Coulters informed take on Soccer

    Anyone who thinks the American media is jamming soccer down anyone's throat has an incredibly skewed take on American media.


    In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

  3. #18
    Legend
    Points: 215,498, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Rabbuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    14,252
    Points
    215,498
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 945
    Given: 51

    Re: Ann Coulters informed take on Soccer

    Quote Originally Posted by ribsnwhiskey View Post
    Coulter gon' coulter.
    If a mod reads, please change thread title to this. Don't know what I was doing.



  4. #19
    Addict
    Points: 178,068, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    clonedude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,937
    Points
    178,068
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 259
    Given: 0

    Re: Ann Coulters informed take on Soccer

    The next time Ann Coulter says something intelligent, it will be the first time she's said something intelligent.

    How she actually has a following is beyond me. Nobody with a brain would ever listen to anything she had to say. Just the fact that she makes a lot of money says everything you need to know about the state of this country. Probably close to half the people are ignorant idiots.



  5. #20
    Addict
    Points: 328,784, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    00clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Iowa City area
    Posts
    9,129
    Points
    328,784
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,859
    Given: 465

    Re: Ann Coulters informed take on Soccer

    Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post
    The next time Ann Coulter says something intelligent, it will be the first time she's said something intelligent.

    How she actually has a following is beyond me. Nobody with a brain would ever listen to anything she had to say. Just the fact that she makes a lot of money says everything you need to know about the state of this country. Probably close to half the people are ignorant idiots.

    After reading your gameday posts, I would agree with this assessment.



  6. #21
    All-Star
    Points: 54,874, Level: 72
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 676
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    pourcyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,523
    Points
    54,874
    Level
    72
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 237
    Given: 204

    Re: Ann Coulters informed take on Soccer

    I know she is a wingnut attention-wh*re, but I was just thinking that there may be more to this.

    Like, maybe it's fear that soccer will soon squeeze out baseball for fans' dollars (pro football and basketball seem less at risk, but you never know). You have to admit, it is no longer "America's sport". Lots of baseball teams are owned by big-time Republican donors who kicked in six figures at least to the Republicans in 2012. Makes sense. Most of these guys are high-rollers, venture capitalists with plenty of capital to venture, and not measly old members of the 47% hoi polloi.

    Now, since soccer is currently "the least profitable sport on the planet,” [says Stefan Szymanski, professor of sports management at the University of Michigan and co-author of Soccernomics. “The whole structure of soccer is totally at variance with the America model.” (see more here)], it might be viewed as a threat to the Gotrocks-KochBro's-Profit-is-the-Bottom-Line out there.

    You see, this woman and other people like her (the ridiculous Glenn Beck immediately comes to mind) have a much larger agenda than most of us give them credit for. Their job is to provide the smoke and mirrors while the pickpocket has his way with you and you are so busy watching the idiot up on stage that you never, ever see the thief coming. Or going.

    Just a thought. Or maybe I've just read too much Howard Zinn. Who knows?




  7. #22
    Speechless
    Points: 865,384, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    56,028
    Points
    865,384
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,866
    Given: 1,603

    Re: Ann Coulters informed take on Soccer

    Quote Originally Posted by pourcyne View Post
    I know she is a wingnut attention-wh*re, but I was just thinking that there may be more to this.

    Like, maybe it's fear that soccer will soon squeeze out baseball for fans' dollars (pro football and basketball seem less at risk, but you never know). You have to admit, it is no longer "America's sport". Lots of baseball teams are owned by big-time Republican donors who kicked in six figures at least to the Republicans in 2012. Makes sense. Most of these guys are high-rollers, venture capitalists with plenty of capital to venture, and not measly old members of the 47% hoi polloi.

    Now, since soccer is currently "the least profitable sport on the planet,” [says Stefan Szymanski, professor of sports management at the University of Michigan and co-author of Soccernomics. “The whole structure of soccer is totally at variance with the America model.” (see more here)], it might be viewed as a threat to the Gotrocks-KochBro's-Profit-is-the-Bottom-Line out there.

    You see, this woman and other people like her (the ridiculous Glenn Beck immediately comes to mind) have a much larger agenda than most of us give them credit for. Their job is to provide the smoke and mirrors while the pickpocket has his way with you and you are so busy watching the idiot up on stage that you never, ever see the thief coming. Or going.

    Just a thought. Or maybe I've just read too much Howard Zinn. Who knows?

    Seeing that last name made Mitch Daniels scream in rage.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  8. #23
    All-Star
    Points: 54,874, Level: 72
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 676
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    pourcyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,523
    Points
    54,874
    Level
    72
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 237
    Given: 204

    Re: Ann Coulters informed take on Soccer

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    Seeing that last name made Mitch Daniels scream in rage.
    It is wrong, CycloneErik, to speak ill of the brain-dead.



  9. #24
    Speechless
    Points: 649,658, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    3TrueFans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    24,218
    Points
    649,658
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,819
    Given: 190

    Re: Ann Coulters informed take on Soccer

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonepride View Post
    I tire of the media trying to ram soccer down my throat , but that whole article is seriously stupid.
    I'm not even sure what that means.



  10. #25
    Addict
    Points: 328,784, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    00clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Iowa City area
    Posts
    9,129
    Points
    328,784
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,859
    Given: 465

    Re: Ann Coulters informed take on Soccer

    Quote Originally Posted by pourcyne View Post
    You see, this woman and other people like her (the ridiculous Glenn Beck immediately comes to mind) have a much larger agenda than most of us give them credit for. Their job is to provide the smoke and mirrors while the pickpocket has his way with you and you are so busy watching the idiot up on stage that you never, ever see the thief coming. Or going.

    Just a thought. Or maybe I've just read too much Howard Zinn. Who knows?

    The ridiculous part is that the bolded part...sound just like Glenn Beck talking about the left. Which is why I started ignorning them all.



  11. #26
    Addict
    Points: 86,063, Level: 91
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 1,387
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Cyclonesince78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,707
    Points
    86,063
    Level
    91
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,045
    Given: 1,208

    Re: Ann Coulters informed take on Soccer

    Didn't read it, but from what I've heard about it, you could summarize her article as: ann coulter is a xenophobe



  12. #27
    Addict
    Points: 91,411, Level: 94
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,739
    Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    cyrocksmypants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    6,401
    Points
    91,411
    Level
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,197
    Given: 65

    Re: Ann Coulters informed take on Soccer

    Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post
    The next time Ann Coulter says something intelligent, it will be the first time she's said something intelligent.

    How she actually has a following is beyond me. Nobody with a brain would ever listen to anything she had to say. Just the fact that she makes a lot of money says everything you need to know about the state of this country. Probably close to half the people are ignorant idiots.
    I'd say you're being generous when you say close to half. I'd be willing to bet the number is closer to 100 percent than it is to 50 percent.



  13. #28
    Speechless
    Points: 865,384, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    56,028
    Points
    865,384
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,866
    Given: 1,603

    Re: Ann Coulters informed take on Soccer

    Quote Originally Posted by pourcyne View Post
    It is wrong, CycloneErik, to speak ill of the brain-dead.

    But the e-mails are so colorful.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  14. #29
    All-Star
    Points: 54,874, Level: 72
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 676
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    pourcyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,523
    Points
    54,874
    Level
    72
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 237
    Given: 204

    Re: Ann Coulters informed take on Soccer

    Quote Originally Posted by 00clone View Post
    The ridiculous part is that the bolded part...
    Yeah, bolding it was probably a little much. But CF will forgive you.

    I'm not saying it doesn't happen on both sides, but at least the left pretends to care about the little guy instead of trashing him behind closed doors at zillion-buck-a-plate dinners.

    People like Ann Coulter and the people she shills for rely on the public's intellectual laziness. That's why they get away with murder. Because we let them.



  15. #30
    All-Star
    Points: 11,577, Level: 32
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 373
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    WooClone15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Wooster, OH
    Posts
    1,224
    Points
    11,577
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 128
    Given: 232

    Re: Ann Coulters informed take on Soccer

    The media doesn't shove soccer down anyone's throat any more than they shove other sports down their throat. It's just people don't notice if it's something they like. Espn "shoves the NFL down our throats" all the time, but people don't notice because they like the nfl.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FS1
  • Iowa State @ Oklahoma State
  • October 4, 2014
  • 11:00 AM