Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 31,533, Level: 54
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 417
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    tzjung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    1,064
    Points
    31,533
    Level
    54
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 105
    Given: 149

    CBS Drafts NCAA MBB Coaches

    Hadn't seen this posted yet. Similar to the ESPN college coach countdown, but it is the CBS MBB writers 'Drafting' basketball coaches.

    "Dreamy" comes in at #9. For what its worth, this list seems MUCH more accurate than the ESPN one.

    http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...lead-your-team



  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 84,682, Level: 90
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 868
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Ciclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Clive
    Posts
    3,256
    Points
    84,682
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 381
    Given: 366

    Re: CBS Drafts NCAA MBB Coaches

    Quote Originally Posted by tzjung View Post
    Hadn't seen this posted yet. Similar to the ESPN college coach countdown, but it is the CBS MBB writers 'Drafting' basketball coaches.

    "Dreamy" comes in at #9. For what its worth, this list seems MUCH more accurate than the ESPN one.

    http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...lead-your-team
    twocoach will be the judge of that...


    "I'm the one who knocks."

  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 69,747, Level: 81
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    DandyCyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    6,050
    Points
    69,747
    Level
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,226
    Given: 659

    Re: CBS Drafts NCAA MBB Coaches

    I'm not surprised Jon Rothstein was the guy who ended up choosing Hoiberg. Rothstein loves him some Hoiberg.

    Also, Calipari won at UMass and Memphis and was caught with multiple recruiting violations after he left those programs. When is the NCAA going to realize it's probably happening at Kentucky too?


    Last edited by DandyCyclone; 06-25-2014 at 02:24 PM.

  4. #4
    Asst. Regional Manager
    Points: 273,143, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    mj4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    18,536
    Points
    273,143
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,448
    Given: 1,107

    Re: CBS Drafts NCAA MBB Coaches

    I don't like Rothstein's pick of Miller with Arizona, but love his Freddy pick obviously.


    @RandomGeoFacts

  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 112,155, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    madcityCY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    5,863
    Points
    112,155
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 159
    Given: 293

    Re: CBS Drafts NCAA MBB Coaches

    Quote Originally Posted by tzjung View Post
    Hadn't seen this posted yet. Similar to the ESPN college coach countdown, but it is the CBS MBB writers 'Drafting' basketball coaches.

    "Dreamy" comes in at #9. For what its worth, this list seems MUCH more accurate than the ESPN one.

    http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...lead-your-team
    I don't understand. How does one rate accuracy of subjective lists with made with (apparently) different criteria.

    Of course I like the CBS list because it rates Fred higher, but I couldn't tell anyone it's more "accurate" with a straight face.



  6. #6
    All-Star
    Points: 35,586, Level: 58
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,064
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    abe2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    State Center, IA
    Posts
    1,329
    Points
    35,586
    Level
    58
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 255
    Given: 52

    Re: CBS Drafts NCAA MBB Coaches

    Quote Originally Posted by DandyCyclone View Post
    I'm not surprised Jon Rothstein was the guy who ended up choosing Hoibeg. Rothstein loves him some Hoiberg.

    Also, Calipari won at UMass and Memphis and was caught with multiple recruiting violations after he left those programs. When is the NCAA going to realize it's probably happening at Kentucky too?
    as soon as Kentucky isn't a blue blood program



  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 110,267, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,804
    Points
    110,267
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 789
    Given: 46

    Re: CBS Drafts NCAA MBB Coaches

    There's a difference. CBS lists coaches they'd want leading a program. Basically who would you want to hire. ESPN lists coaches based on their results. Different criteria. Both are interesting. Both are pretty accurate.



  8. #8
    All-Star
    Points: 31,533, Level: 54
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 417
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    tzjung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    1,064
    Points
    31,533
    Level
    54
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 105
    Given: 149

    Re: CBS Drafts NCAA MBB Coaches

    Quote Originally Posted by jsb View Post
    There's a difference. CBS lists coaches they'd want leading a program. Basically who would you want to hire. ESPN lists coaches based on their results. Different criteria. Both are interesting. Both are pretty accurate.
    Really...Mad Fran in the top 25 for ESPN is accurate? If you say so....



  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 110,267, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,804
    Points
    110,267
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 789
    Given: 46

    Re: CBS Drafts NCAA MBB Coaches

    Mad Fran was 33. I guess I should specify that the list was mostly accurate. I would have had mad Fran a bit lower and hoiberg at 12 or 13.



  10. #10
    Legend
    Points: 217,604, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    MNCyGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    11,057
    Points
    217,604
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 744
    Given: 492

    Re: CBS Drafts NCAA MBB Coaches

    Quote Originally Posted by tzjung View Post
    Hadn't seen this posted yet. Similar to the ESPN college coach countdown, but it is the CBS MBB writers 'Drafting' basketball coaches.

    "Dreamy" comes in at #9. For what its worth, this list seems MUCH more accurate than the ESPN one.

    http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...lead-your-team
    I like how 90% of the comments are just a coaches name followed by exclamation points.



  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 38,856, Level: 60
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 194
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cincyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,905
    Points
    38,856
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 152
    Given: 481

    Re: CBS Drafts NCAA MBB Coaches

    Good little write-up from Rothstein:

    Why him?
    No one gave Iowa State a thought five years ago. Today? The Cyclones are coming off three straight appearances in the NCAA Tournament and a Sweet 16 trip last March. Many wondered how Hoiberg would do when he returned to his alma mater in 2010 with zero head coaching experience, but he's quickly dismissed all doubters. "The Mayor" is as good an X's and O's coach as there is in college basketball and gives his players the freedom they so desperately crave on the offensive end. He treats his players like they're professionals, and that's something you don't see at most college programs. Another thing to like about Hoiberg? He's proven he can build a program through unconventional methods. Iowa State has taken 12 transfers since Hoiberg's arrival four years ago, but he's also quietly doing a good job with kids out of high school as well. Georges Niang should be in for an All-Big 12 first-team type season as a junior. Monte Morris led the nation in assist-turnover ratio as a freshman last year. There's only one type of trajectory right now in Ames -- upward. -- Rothstein



  12. #12
    Legend
    Points: 116,054, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 65.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    cyrocksmypants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    10,399
    Points
    116,054
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,503
    Given: 142

    Re: CBS Drafts NCAA MBB Coaches

    Quote Originally Posted by DandyCyclone View Post
    I'm not surprised Jon Rothstein was the guy who ended up choosing Hoiberg. Rothstein loves him some Hoiberg.

    Also, Calipari won at UMass and Memphis and was caught with multiple recruiting violations after he left those programs. When is the NCAA going to realize it's probably happening at Kentucky too?
    The media loves Cal. There will be a point where the NCAA will say "ok Cal, you're not giving us much of a choice" and will has to start an investigation. At that point Cal leaves and the media talks about how it's just a weird coincidence that last three schools he was at ended up getting sanctions. Or they'll just not talk about it at all.



  13. #13
    All-Star
    Points: 16,022, Level: 38
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 428
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,297
    Points
    16,022
    Level
    38
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70
    Given: 0

    Re: CBS Drafts NCAA MBB Coaches

    Quote Originally Posted by DandyCyclone View Post
    I'm not surprised Jon Rothstein was the guy who ended up choosing Hoiberg. Rothstein loves him some Hoiberg.

    Also, Calipari won at UMass and Memphis and was caught with multiple recruiting violations after he left those programs. When is the NCAA going to realize it's probably happening at Kentucky too?
    Sorry to bring up old info, but I've read similar posts to this before but my memory eludes me. If he was caught with violations at both programs, what were the penalties? And if he just keeps on winning at Kentucky, they obviously didn't affect his career or future success any. If they would find more, seems it wouldn't really matter in the long run. Just curious.



  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 747,235, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Cyclonepride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    50,685
    Points
    747,235
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,102
    Given: 1,465

    Re: CBS Drafts NCAA MBB Coaches

    Quote Originally Posted by Cincyclone View Post
    Good little write-up from Rothstein:

    Why him?
    No one gave Iowa State a thought five years ago. Today? The Cyclones are coming off three straight appearances in the NCAA Tournament and a Sweet 16 trip last March. Many wondered how Hoiberg would do when he returned to his alma mater in 2010 with zero head coaching experience, but he's quickly dismissed all doubters. "The Mayor" is as good an X's and O's coach as there is in college basketball and gives his players the freedom they so desperately crave on the offensive end. He treats his players like they're professionals, and that's something you don't see at most college programs. Another thing to like about Hoiberg? He's proven he can build a program through unconventional methods. Iowa State has taken 12 transfers since Hoiberg's arrival four years ago, but he's also quietly doing a good job with kids out of high school as well. Georges Niang should be in for an All-Big 12 first-team type season as a junior. Monte Morris led the nation in assist-turnover ratio as a freshman last year. There's only one type of trajectory right now in Ames -- upward. -- Rothstein
    I love that summary!



  15. #15
    Speechless
    Points: 267,497, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    16,511
    Points
    267,497
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,066
    Given: 912

    Re: CBS Drafts NCAA MBB Coaches

    Quote Originally Posted by DandyCyclone View Post
    I'm not surprised Jon Rothstein was the guy who ended up choosing Hoiberg. Rothstein loves him some EVERYBODY.

    Also, Calipari won at UMass and Memphis and was caught with multiple recruiting violations after he left those programs. When is the NCAA going to realize it's probably happening at Kentucky too?
    FIFY



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: ESPN2
  • Iowa State @ Kansas State
  • February 28, 2015
  • 03:00 PM