Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 48
  1. #16
    Addict
    Points: 110,911, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cyhawkdmb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    CB
    Posts
    5,352
    Points
    110,911
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 90
    Given: 104

    Re: Sprint, Framily plan

    I am a framily member in sw Iowa. No issues with coverage. Issues with data in rural areas but I can live with that. I am at the $35 mark. Need to get a couple more people to join my framily.



  2. #17
    Speechless
    Points: 651,228, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 49.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    3TrueFans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    24,576
    Points
    651,228
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,119
    Given: 229

    Re: Sprint, Framily plan

    Quote Originally Posted by theantiAIRBHG View Post
    Thats weird that you didn't grandfathered in on the unlimited data plan at Verizon. When Ms A and I upgraded last time they did it for us.
    Was there a little hand action involved?



  3. #18
    Speechless
    Points: 651,228, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 49.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    3TrueFans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    24,576
    Points
    651,228
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,119
    Given: 229

    Re: Sprint, Framily plan

    Don't you only get 1GB of data in the Framily plan though?



  4. #19
    Pro
    Points: 71,093, Level: 82
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 357
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyclones_R_GR8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    3,465
    Points
    71,093
    Level
    82
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 261
    Given: 505

    Re: Sprint, Framily plan

    I have used Sprint for years. Yes the coverage is lousy once you leave the main roads but with the unlimited plan you don't pay extra for roaming. Besides, any time work can't get a hold of me can be a good thing at times.
    I get tired of getting called on vacation when they haven't even tried anyone else.


    They say country music speaks to the heart. Unfortunately, it has to go through your ears to get there.

  5. #20
    Pro
    Points: 36,710, Level: 59
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,140
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    drmwevr08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    3,446
    Points
    36,710
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 6

    Re: Sprint, Framily plan

    We've been trying to find a decent price and it's tough anymore. You either pay for good service, get nailed on the phone price or accept spotty service or deal with one of the wifi dependent providers. You're giving something up no matter what. I've had verizon since before it was verizon and I'm almost done paying their high prices. Wife is looking into republic for herself.


    Nothing to see here mods. Keep moving.

  6. #21
    Speechless
    Points: 736,856, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Cyclonepride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    48,015
    Points
    736,856
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,573
    Given: 751

    Re: Sprint, Framily plan

    Quote Originally Posted by cmjh10 View Post
    The commercials alone are enough for me not to do it
    Agreed. People who buy now are responsible for any continuation of those awful commercials.



  7. #22
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 32,813, Level: 55
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 237
    Overall activity: 55.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    CoKane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,031
    Points
    32,813
    Level
    55
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 534
    Given: 839

    Re: Sprint, Framily plan

    Is a talking hamster in your framily? What about GorDON? Moble jimlad



  8. #23
    Legend
    Points: 209,408, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    jbhtexas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Arlington, TX
    Posts
    10,924
    Points
    209,408
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 254
    Given: 150

    Re: Sprint, Framily plan

    I've been a Sprint customer since 1999, and unfortunately, as stated above, the coverage in the midwest is not great, especially outside of metro areas. That said, Sprint does have roaming agreements. I think the new plans (like Framily) limit roaming data to 150 MB data per line per month. I have an older Everything Data plan that allows 300 MB of roaming data per line per month, and voice roaming of 800 minutes per line per month. Sprint can terminate your service if these limits are exceeded, or if the majority of voice or data in any month is roaming.

    One unfortunate aspect regarding roaming with Sprint is that Sprint has adjusted its consumer account PRLs to roam only on 1xRTT, which is rather useless for a smart phone. The business account PRLs allow 3G EVDO roaming and are available on the Internet. It is possible, although not trivial, to load the corporate PRLs. Of course, data usage will accumulate much faster roaming with 3G. There don't seem to be any negative repercussions to using the corporate PRLs as long as the data limits are not exceeded.

    Trying to keep a long story short...prior to 2010, Sprint had a reciprocity agreement with Alltel, which gave Sprint excellent coverage in the midwest. Verizon subsequently bought a good part of Alltel. There are different stories about what happened next, but ultimately Sprint was left with big coverage holes throughout the midwest. Sprint has been concentrating on their LTE rollout, and it seems has been doing very little building in the midwest to cover the holes.


    Last edited by jbhtexas; 06-25-2014 at 08:40 AM.
    "Don't worry Boss...they can't do nothin' 'til they're through sparklin'..."

    Avatar - America's new superhero...Cenex Guy

  9. #24
    Addict
    Points: 122,482, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    simply1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    5,526
    Points
    122,482
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 62
    Given: 6

    Re: Sprint, Framily plan

    Quote Originally Posted by 3TrueFans View Post
    Don't you only get 1GB of data in the Framily plan though?
    That's plenty with Sprint's download speeds... ;)


    I don't do signatures. Blondes, brunettes, and red heads are a different story.

  10. #25
    Addict
    Points: 121,496, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ianoconnor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    7,323
    Points
    121,496
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 391
    Given: 808

    Re: Sprint, Framily plan

    We switched to Sprint. Data isn't great in some areas, but unlimited everything with two phones is like $140/mo for us with my work discount.



  11. #26
    Addict
    Points: 165,394, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Stewo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    7,087
    Points
    165,394
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 299
    Given: 82

    Re: Sprint, Framily plan

    Quote Originally Posted by jbhtexas View Post
    I've been a Sprint customer since 1999, and unfortunately, as stated above, the coverage in the midwest is not great, especially outside of metro areas. That said, Sprint does have roaming agreements. I think the new plans (like Framily) limit roaming data to 150 MB data per line per month. I have an older Everything Data plan that allows 300 MB of roaming data per line per month, and voice roaming of 800 minutes per line per month. Sprint can terminate your service if these limits are exceeded, or if the majority of voice or data in any month is roaming.

    One unfortunate aspect regarding roaming with Sprint is that Sprint has adjusted its consumer account PRLs to roam only on 1xRTT, which is rather useless for a smart phone. The business account PRLs allow 3G EVDO roaming and are available on the Internet. It is possible, although not trivial, to load the corporate PRLs. Of course, data usage will accumulate much faster roaming with 3G. There don't seem to be any negative repercussions to using the corporate PRLs as long as the data limits are not exceeded.

    Trying to keep a long story short...prior to 2010, Sprint had a reciprocity agreement with Alltel, which gave Sprint excellent coverage in the midwest. Verizon subsequently bought a good part of Alltel. There are different stories about what happened next, but ultimately Sprint was left with big coverage holes throughout the midwest. Sprint has been concentrating on their LTE rollout, and it seems has been doing very little building in the midwest to cover the holes.
    I've been wondering why I couldn't connect to 3G while roaming. Any idea on how to load the corporate PRLs?



  12. #27
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 62,484, Level: 77
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 766
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4,092
    Points
    62,484
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 124
    Given: 111

    Re: Sprint, Framily plan

    Quote Originally Posted by jbhtexas View Post
    Sprint has been concentrating on their LTE rollout
    Then they need to concentrate harder. I live in the Chicago area and seems like I'm rarely able to get a 4G signal on my phone.

    Or it could just be that my phone sucks. I don't know.



  13. #28
    All-Star
    Points: 33,277, Level: 56
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 973
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    bpmcclain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,182
    Points
    33,277
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 6

    Re: Sprint, Framily plan

    Quote Originally Posted by drmwevr08 View Post
    We've been trying to find a decent price and it's tough anymore. You either pay for good service, get nailed on the phone price or accept spotty service or deal with one of the wifi dependent providers. You're giving something up no matter what. I've had verizon since before it was verizon and I'm almost done paying their high prices. Wife is looking into republic for herself.
    Republic is probably the best deal out there. $25 a month for unlimited talk and text I believe w/ 5 GB of data if you don't mind going off of Sprints network. I just wish I knew about them when I switched; I have Virgin mobile which I like but it's $10 a month more than Republic



  14. #29
    Speechless
    Points: 342,207, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    cyhiphopp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Johnston
    Posts
    16,606
    Points
    342,207
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,412
    Given: 2,939

    Re: Sprint, Framily plan

    Quote Originally Posted by theantiAIRBHG View Post
    Thats weird that you didn't grandfathered in on the unlimited data plan at Verizon. When Ms A and I upgraded last time they did it for us.
    She was showing cleavage wasn't she?



  15. #30
    Speechless
    Points: 651,228, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 49.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    3TrueFans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    24,576
    Points
    651,228
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,119
    Given: 229

    Re: Sprint, Framily plan

    Quote Originally Posted by simply1 View Post
    That's plenty with Sprint's download speeds... ;)
    My LTE speed is pretty good, I used the WatchESPN app to watch some World Cup matches and they looked good.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • Iowa State vs. Oklahoma
  • November 1, 2014
  • 07:00 PM