Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 176
  1. #1
    Asst. Regional Manager
    Points: 287,112, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    mj4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    19,595
    Points
    287,112
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,130
    Given: 1,440

    Lebron James to opt out of contract

    http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miam...sportscenterfb


    figured it needs its own thread as the news just broke.


    @RandomGeoFacts

  2. #2
    Legend
    Points: 219,308, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    MNCyGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    11,215
    Points
    219,308
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 839
    Given: 585

    Re: Lebron James to opt out of contract

    That could still mean a lot of different things. He could be opting out to sign a smaller deal in order to clear up cap room in Miami, he could be looking to head to another team, or he might not even know which of those options he wants yet.



  3. #3
    All-Star
    Points: 21,790, Level: 45
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 760
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,359
    Points
    21,790
    Level
    45
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 237
    Given: 865

    Re: Lebron James to opt out of contract

    Quote Originally Posted by mj4cy View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miam...sportscenterfb


    figured it needs its own thread as the news just broke.
    D Rose, LeBron, and Noah!!!!!!!!!!!!!



  4. #4
    Asst. Regional Manager
    Points: 287,112, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    mj4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    19,595
    Points
    287,112
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,130
    Given: 1,440

    Re: Lebron James to opt out of contract

    Weird thing is if he somehow comes back to Cleveland, I'll probably root for him again. Maybe it's my whole "root for the underdog" mentality.


    @RandomGeoFacts

  5. #5
    Asst. Regional Manager
    Points: 287,112, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    mj4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    19,595
    Points
    287,112
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,130
    Given: 1,440

    Re: Lebron James to opt out of contract

    Would never happen, but if the T-wolves come somehow keep Love and get Lebron....giggity!


    @RandomGeoFacts

  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 80,012, Level: 87
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 138
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    erikbj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    hiawatha, ia
    Posts
    6,413
    Points
    80,012
    Level
    87
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 666
    Given: 195

    Re: Lebron James to opt out of contract

    I am guessing he will take his time. Probably see where Kevin Love lands or what Melo is going to do. If he is all about winning more rings, I don't think Miami is the place to do it - unless they get rid of Bosh and Wade signs for $5MM (which is what a part time player should make).



  7. #7
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 55,737, Level: 73
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 1,313
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    roundball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,562
    Points
    55,737
    Level
    73
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,611
    Given: 1,709

    Re: Lebron James to opt out of contract

    Quote Originally Posted by mj4cy View Post
    Weird thing is if he somehow comes back to Cleveland, I'll probably root for him again. Maybe it's my whole "root for the underdog" mentality.
    Did you root for him when he was in Cleveland and then stop when he signed with Miami?



  8. #8
    Legend
    Points: 219,308, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    MNCyGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    11,215
    Points
    219,308
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 839
    Given: 585

    Re: Lebron James to opt out of contract

    Quote Originally Posted by erikbj View Post
    I am guessing he will take his time. Probably see where Kevin Love lands or what Melo is going to do. If he is all about winning more rings, I don't think Miami is the place to do it - unless they get rid of Bosh and Wade signs for $5MM (which is what a part time player should make).
    Like I said, I think this news basically tells us nothing. When we start getting reports about Wade or Bosh opting out, then we will really know which way the wind is blowing in Miami.



  9. #9
    Asst. Regional Manager
    Points: 287,112, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    mj4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    19,595
    Points
    287,112
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,130
    Given: 1,440

    Re: Lebron James to opt out of contract

    I think in general, he needs to take less cash and get more help. Miami worked him hard this year and he's not getting any younger.


    @RandomGeoFacts

  10. #10
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 71,276, Level: 82
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 174
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Jordanj6502's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    3,838
    Points
    71,276
    Level
    82
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 90
    Given: 27

    Re: Lebron James to opt out of contract

    Quote Originally Posted by MNCyGuy View Post
    Like I said, I think this news basically tells us nothing. When we start getting reports about Wade or Bosh opting out, then we will really know which way the wind is blowing in Miami.
    There are already reports that Wade is planning on opting out just to benefit Miami. Wade won't go anywhere else, but I can see him taking a 4 year deal worth ~$12mil/year at Miami.



  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 38,915, Level: 60
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 135
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CycloneNorth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    2,119
    Points
    38,915
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 13

    Re: Lebron James to opt out of contract

    Quote Originally Posted by mj4cy View Post
    Would never happen, but if the T-wolves come somehow keep Love and get Lebron....giggity!
    Plus Rubio running the point. I would probably cry... and yes I know that he would never come to Minnesota.


    Keepers of the Faith -- Member

    Keepers of the Faith is an alliance for those who are excited, enthusiastic, and optimistic about the direction of our men's basketball program. We reject the notion that one bad loss can derail the incredible progress of the past three years. To join, put this in your signature.

  12. #12
    Legend
    Points: 219,308, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    MNCyGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    11,215
    Points
    219,308
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 839
    Given: 585

    Re: Lebron James to opt out of contract

    Quote Originally Posted by Jordanj6502 View Post
    There are already reports that Wade is planning on opting out just to benefit Miami. Wade won't go anywhere else, but I can see him taking a 4 year deal worth ~$12mil/year at Miami.
    If that turns out to be the case, I suspect LeBron is leaning towards returning.



  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 77,463, Level: 86
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 887
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6,472
    Points
    77,463
    Level
    86
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 687
    Given: 144

    Re: Lebron James to opt out of contract

    Quote Originally Posted by Jordanj6502 View Post
    There are already reports that Wade is planning on opting out just to benefit Miami. Wade won't go anywhere else, but I can see him taking a 4 year deal worth ~$12mil/year at Miami.
    And Bosh has already said he will take less money too, if they all take deals in the $12-14M range, Miami will have a lot of roster freedom the next few years. Now they just need to talk Haslem into retiring and joining Mourning and Juwan Howard in the front office.



  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 107,816, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    CRcyclone6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cedar Rapids
    Posts
    7,214
    Points
    107,816
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 693
    Given: 2,070

    Re: Lebron James to opt out of contract

    Quote Originally Posted by CyJack13 View Post
    And Bosh has already said he will take less money too, if they all take deals in the $12-14M range, Miami will have a lot of roster freedom the next few years. Now they just need to talk Haslem into retiring and joining Mourning and Juwan Howard in the front office.
    Didn't Birdman say he was leaving already? How much would that free up? Nevermind, looks like about 3.5


    Are you a member?

  15. #15
    Addict
    Points: 108,240, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Clonefan94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Schaumburg, IL
    Posts
    7,022
    Points
    108,240
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 702
    Given: 444

    Re: Lebron James to opt out of contract

    Quote Originally Posted by MNCyGuy View Post
    That could still mean a lot of different things. He could be opting out to sign a smaller deal in order to clear up cap room in Miami, he could be looking to head to another team, or he might not even know which of those options he wants yet.
    He's probably waiting to find out what NBA Team Fred is going to.

    Sorry, had to say it, it's the off season.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.TV
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • September 5, 2015
  • 07:00 PM