Kids in a bar/Thoughts - Page 15
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 238
  1. #211
    Legend
    Points: 310,385, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    00clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Iowa City area
    Posts
    10,619
    Points
    310,385
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,558
    Given: 610

    Re: Kids in a bar/Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    You would think so, but the stats are actually a little over 50% not, a little less than 50% is. It's very regional. The entire west coast has super-low rates, but the midwest/Bible belt has very high rates.

    Angie, coming in with the weiner modification expertise.



  2. #212
    Speechless
    Points: 288,495, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    VeloClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    Posts
    15,447
    Points
    288,495
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,164
    Given: 3,731

    Re: Kids in a bar/Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by 00clone View Post
    Angie, coming in with the weiner modification expertise.
    Whoops. You just threw up the bat signal.


    "There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldn’t get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

  3. #213
    Speechless
    Points: 279,848, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 49.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    chuckd4735's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    15,470
    Points
    279,848
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,307
    Given: 264

    Re: Kids in a bar/Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Al_4_State View Post
    I'm thinking the people that rip on bike attire haven't ridden very much. I always used to think the same way, and then I started biking. They're pretty god damn comfortable and make the experience a lot more enjoyable. You can buy shorts that prevent the genitalia from being prominently displayed. Granted, there are a lot of fairly hefty bikers that don't ride all that far/much and like making it look like they're into it, but if you're riding more than 20 miles in a sitting on a regular basis, you want bike gear.
    This. Its a night and day difference in comfort.



  4. #214
    square root(31) = 5.56776436
    Points: 505,521, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Angie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    17,779
    Points
    505,521
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 832
    Given: 3,448

    Re: Kids in a bar/Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by 00clone View Post
    Angie, coming in with the weiner modification expertise.
    It is totally a huge topic on pregnancy boards. Along with piercing babies' ears, and other things deemed to be modifying the baby. Huge hot button issue.


    M 7/09

  5. #215
    Pro
    Points: 35,356, Level: 57
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredSocial25000 Experience Points
    mjacobs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,326
    Points
    35,356
    Level
    57
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,164
    Given: 1,088

    Re: Kids in a bar/Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    It is totally a huge topic on pregnancy boards. Along with piercing babies' ears, and other things deemed to be modifying the baby. Huge hot button issue.
    I'm getting my baby a tattoo right after it comes out of the shoot. Don't want the poor thing to have to feel that pain later in life.



  6. #216
    Legend
    Points: 212,170, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial50000 Experience Points
    cowgirl836's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    14,643
    Points
    212,170
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,833
    Given: 1,789

    Re: Kids in a bar/Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    It is totally a huge topic on pregnancy boards. Along with piercing babies' ears, and other things deemed to be modifying the baby. Huge hot button issue.

    probably more controversial than formula vs. non


    new signature ideas needed; inquire within

  7. #217
    Starter
    Points: 12,042, Level: 33
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 608
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    cyclonesurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    734
    Points
    12,042
    Level
    33
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 86

    Re: Kids in a bar/Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Al_4_State View Post
    I'm thinking the people that rip on bike attire haven't ridden very much. I always used to think the same way, and then I started biking. They're pretty god damn comfortable and make the experience a lot more enjoyable. You can buy shorts that prevent the genitalia from being prominently displayed. Granted, there are a lot of fairly hefty bikers that don't ride all that far/much and like making it look like they're into it, but if you're riding more than 20 miles in a sitting on a regular basis, you want bike gear.
    i like throwing a sock in there sometimes to see if i get any "extra" looks..


    Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than selfish and worry about my liver."
    --by Jack Handy

  8. #218
    Addict
    Points: 112,553, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 94.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    cyrocksmypants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    9,436
    Points
    112,553
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,136
    Given: 130

    Re: Kids in a bar/Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    You would think so, but the stats are actually a little over 50% not, a little less than 50% is. It's very regional. The entire west coast has super-low rates, but the midwest/Bible belt has very high rates.
    I'm going to assume close to 100 percent agree it's totally gross looking though?

    Sorry fellas that haven't been snipped. But it looks like a turtle and it's weird.



  9. #219
    All-Star
    Points: 18,996, Level: 42
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 854
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,107
    Points
    18,996
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 121
    Given: 527

    Re: Kids in a bar/Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckd4735 View Post
    This. Its a night and day difference in comfort.
    At first I thought this comment was about getting "cut."



  10. #220
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 73,020, Level: 83
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 130
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    BoxsterCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Golden Valley, MN
    Posts
    4,501
    Points
    73,020
    Level
    83
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 851
    Given: 714

    Re: Kids in a bar/Thoughts

    This thread is so chaotic that it makes me want to rent Snakes on a Plane.



  11. #221
    Pro
    Points: 36,202, Level: 58
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 448
    Overall activity: 61.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    GTO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    2,815
    Points
    36,202
    Level
    58
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,966
    Given: 3,326

    Re: Kids in a bar/Thoughts

    How I feel reading this thread:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	willferrellblades02.gif 
Views:	147 
Size:	490.5 KB 
ID:	27964



  12. #222
    square root(31) = 5.56776436
    Points: 505,521, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Angie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    17,779
    Points
    505,521
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 832
    Given: 3,448

    Re: Kids in a bar/Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirl836 View Post
    probably more controversial than formula vs. non
    I agree - and that's such an enormous deal that it's hard to imagine this being a bigger deal, but it totally is.


    M 7/09

  13. #223
    Addict
    Points: 113,867, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    bellzisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Norwalk
    Posts
    6,463
    Points
    113,867
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 54
    Given: 44

    Re: Kids in a bar/Thoughts

    I don't understand why people are so pissy about this. I didn't want to read everything and maybe this has been brought up, but anyway.

    I bike every weekend and a lot during the week. I bike during the day. I like taking my son in his burley. He is 3 years old. We will stop at El Bait Shop sometimes to meet someone for lunch, or Mullets. Sometimes we will stop in Confluence. I don't know how the atmosphere at 11 am- 4pm is such a bad thing for a kid. I spend money either buying a drink or food, my kid has water, milk, or whatever. He doesn't run around with his head on fire.

    How is that bothering the 21-26 year old drinking population?? I don't see people at these places that early partying it up.

    Unless it's a small town bar that serves food, I never take my son into a bar after 5 pm.

    Too many of you people have your underwear and head planted firmly up your ***. I don't see how this is an issue. Most parents will have their kid out of the bar before the drinking party crowd is there. I haven't seen any negative side effects from my 14 year old nephew who has been in probably more bars then most with us while on bike rides.


    GDMCC Member follow us on twitter @dmcyclub

  14. #224
    square root(31) = 5.56776436
    Points: 505,521, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Angie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    17,779
    Points
    505,521
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 832
    Given: 3,448

    Re: Kids in a bar/Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by bellzisu View Post
    I don't understand why people are so pissy about this. I didn't want to read everything and maybe this has been brought up, but anyway.

    I bike every weekend and a lot during the week. I bike during the day. I like taking my son in his burley. He is 3 years old. We will stop at El Bait Shop sometimes to meet someone for lunch, or Mullets. Sometimes we will stop in Confluence. I don't know how the atmosphere at 11 am- 4pm is such a bad thing for a kid. I spend money either buying a drink or food, my kid has water, milk, or whatever. He doesn't run around with his head on fire.

    How is that bothering the 21-26 year old drinking population?? I don't see people at these places that early partying it up.

    Unless it's a small town bar that serves food, I never take my son into a bar after 5 pm.

    Too many of you people have your underwear and head planted firmly up your ***. I don't see how this is an issue. Most parents will have their kid out of the bar before the drinking party crowd is there. I haven't seen any negative side effects from my 14 year old nephew who has been in probably more bars then most with us while on bike rides.
    ...I think more people agree with you than not, so the anger is a little misplaced.


    M 7/09

  15. #225
    Addict
    Points: 113,867, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    bellzisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Norwalk
    Posts
    6,463
    Points
    113,867
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 54
    Given: 44

    Re: Kids in a bar/Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by dmclone View Post
    Sorry to rehash this old subject but I was thinking about the kids in bars topic the other day while leaving El Bait Shop. I was thinking to myself that 10-15 years ago I rarely saw kids in bars in Des Moines. Then it hit me....smoking.....I think the ban on smoking gave parents the go ahead. Thoughts?

    I'd also like to ban bicyclists from bars. They are almost always fat, wearing tight shorts, and smell of sweat. They give exercise a bad name. Thoughts?

    I hate being a dick on a message board or internet tough guy, but you are an idiot. As long as people are out and working out and biking it's a good thing. Clothing makes it more comfortable as others have said. More and more people are biking and I hope that makes people like you move to somewhere remote.


    GDMCC Member follow us on twitter @dmcyclub

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Mediacom 22
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Drake
  • December 20, 2014
  • 04:00 PM