Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 238
  1. #211
    Addict
    Points: 334,932, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    00clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Iowa City area
    Posts
    9,418
    Points
    334,932
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,978
    Given: 495

    Re: Kids in a bar/Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    You would think so, but the stats are actually a little over 50% not, a little less than 50% is. It's very regional. The entire west coast has super-low rates, but the midwest/Bible belt has very high rates.

    Angie, coming in with the weiner modification expertise.



  2. #212
    Legend
    Points: 281,496, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    VeloClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    Posts
    14,028
    Points
    281,496
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,122
    Given: 2,214

    Re: Kids in a bar/Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by 00clone View Post
    Angie, coming in with the weiner modification expertise.
    Whoops. You just threw up the bat signal.


    "There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldn’t get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

  3. #213
    Legend
    Points: 277,585, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    chuckd4735's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    14,945
    Points
    277,585
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,023
    Given: 206

    Re: Kids in a bar/Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Al_4_State View Post
    I'm thinking the people that rip on bike attire haven't ridden very much. I always used to think the same way, and then I started biking. They're pretty god damn comfortable and make the experience a lot more enjoyable. You can buy shorts that prevent the genitalia from being prominently displayed. Granted, there are a lot of fairly hefty bikers that don't ride all that far/much and like making it look like they're into it, but if you're riding more than 20 miles in a sitting on a regular basis, you want bike gear.
    This. Its a night and day difference in comfort.



  4. #214
    square root(31) = 5.56776436
    Points: 498,795, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Angie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    17,672
    Points
    498,795
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 774
    Given: 3,098

    Re: Kids in a bar/Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by 00clone View Post
    Angie, coming in with the weiner modification expertise.
    It is totally a huge topic on pregnancy boards. Along with piercing babies' ears, and other things deemed to be modifying the baby. Huge hot button issue.


    M 7/09

  5. #215
    All-Star
    Points: 23,093, Level: 46
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 457
    Overall activity: 61.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredSocial10000 Experience Points
    mjacobs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,617
    Points
    23,093
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 852
    Given: 777

    Re: Kids in a bar/Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    It is totally a huge topic on pregnancy boards. Along with piercing babies' ears, and other things deemed to be modifying the baby. Huge hot button issue.
    I'm getting my baby a tattoo right after it comes out of the shoot. Don't want the poor thing to have to feel that pain later in life.



  6. #216
    Legend
    Points: 215,739, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 76.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial50000 Experience Points
    cowgirl836's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    12,976
    Points
    215,739
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,329
    Given: 1,276

    Re: Kids in a bar/Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    It is totally a huge topic on pregnancy boards. Along with piercing babies' ears, and other things deemed to be modifying the baby. Huge hot button issue.

    probably more controversial than formula vs. non



  7. #217
    Starter
    Points: 12,165, Level: 33
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 485
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    cyclonesurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    717
    Points
    12,165
    Level
    33
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 51

    Re: Kids in a bar/Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Al_4_State View Post
    I'm thinking the people that rip on bike attire haven't ridden very much. I always used to think the same way, and then I started biking. They're pretty god damn comfortable and make the experience a lot more enjoyable. You can buy shorts that prevent the genitalia from being prominently displayed. Granted, there are a lot of fairly hefty bikers that don't ride all that far/much and like making it look like they're into it, but if you're riding more than 20 miles in a sitting on a regular basis, you want bike gear.
    i like throwing a sock in there sometimes to see if i get any "extra" looks..


    Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than selfish and worry about my liver."
    --by Jack Handy

  8. #218
    Addict
    Points: 98,733, Level: 97
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 317
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    cyrocksmypants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    7,465
    Points
    98,733
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,483
    Given: 82

    Re: Kids in a bar/Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    You would think so, but the stats are actually a little over 50% not, a little less than 50% is. It's very regional. The entire west coast has super-low rates, but the midwest/Bible belt has very high rates.
    I'm going to assume close to 100 percent agree it's totally gross looking though?

    Sorry fellas that haven't been snipped. But it looks like a turtle and it's weird.



  9. #219
    All-Star
    Points: 20,418, Level: 43
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 332
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,084
    Points
    20,418
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 110
    Given: 482

    Re: Kids in a bar/Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckd4735 View Post
    This. Its a night and day difference in comfort.
    At first I thought this comment was about getting "cut."



  10. #220
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 61,199, Level: 76
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 451
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    BoxsterCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Golden Valley, MN
    Posts
    3,699
    Points
    61,199
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 465
    Given: 416

    Re: Kids in a bar/Thoughts

    This thread is so chaotic that it makes me want to rent Snakes on a Plane.



  11. #221
    All-Star
    Points: 12,629, Level: 33
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 21
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered10000 Experience Points
    GTO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    1,416
    Points
    12,629
    Level
    33
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 871
    Given: 1,440

    Re: Kids in a bar/Thoughts

    How I feel reading this thread:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	willferrellblades02.gif 
Views:	144 
Size:	490.5 KB 
ID:	27964



  12. #222
    square root(31) = 5.56776436
    Points: 498,795, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Angie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    17,672
    Points
    498,795
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 774
    Given: 3,098

    Re: Kids in a bar/Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirl836 View Post
    probably more controversial than formula vs. non
    I agree - and that's such an enormous deal that it's hard to imagine this being a bigger deal, but it totally is.


    M 7/09

  13. #223
    Addict
    Points: 117,649, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    bellzisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Norwalk
    Posts
    6,416
    Points
    117,649
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 29

    Re: Kids in a bar/Thoughts

    I don't understand why people are so pissy about this. I didn't want to read everything and maybe this has been brought up, but anyway.

    I bike every weekend and a lot during the week. I bike during the day. I like taking my son in his burley. He is 3 years old. We will stop at El Bait Shop sometimes to meet someone for lunch, or Mullets. Sometimes we will stop in Confluence. I don't know how the atmosphere at 11 am- 4pm is such a bad thing for a kid. I spend money either buying a drink or food, my kid has water, milk, or whatever. He doesn't run around with his head on fire.

    How is that bothering the 21-26 year old drinking population?? I don't see people at these places that early partying it up.

    Unless it's a small town bar that serves food, I never take my son into a bar after 5 pm.

    Too many of you people have your underwear and head planted firmly up your ***. I don't see how this is an issue. Most parents will have their kid out of the bar before the drinking party crowd is there. I haven't seen any negative side effects from my 14 year old nephew who has been in probably more bars then most with us while on bike rides.


    GDMCC Member follow us on twitter @dmcyclub

  14. #224
    square root(31) = 5.56776436
    Points: 498,795, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Angie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    17,672
    Points
    498,795
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 774
    Given: 3,098

    Re: Kids in a bar/Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by bellzisu View Post
    I don't understand why people are so pissy about this. I didn't want to read everything and maybe this has been brought up, but anyway.

    I bike every weekend and a lot during the week. I bike during the day. I like taking my son in his burley. He is 3 years old. We will stop at El Bait Shop sometimes to meet someone for lunch, or Mullets. Sometimes we will stop in Confluence. I don't know how the atmosphere at 11 am- 4pm is such a bad thing for a kid. I spend money either buying a drink or food, my kid has water, milk, or whatever. He doesn't run around with his head on fire.

    How is that bothering the 21-26 year old drinking population?? I don't see people at these places that early partying it up.

    Unless it's a small town bar that serves food, I never take my son into a bar after 5 pm.

    Too many of you people have your underwear and head planted firmly up your ***. I don't see how this is an issue. Most parents will have their kid out of the bar before the drinking party crowd is there. I haven't seen any negative side effects from my 14 year old nephew who has been in probably more bars then most with us while on bike rides.
    ...I think more people agree with you than not, so the anger is a little misplaced.


    M 7/09

  15. #225
    Addict
    Points: 117,649, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    bellzisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Norwalk
    Posts
    6,416
    Points
    117,649
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 29

    Re: Kids in a bar/Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by dmclone View Post
    Sorry to rehash this old subject but I was thinking about the kids in bars topic the other day while leaving El Bait Shop. I was thinking to myself that 10-15 years ago I rarely saw kids in bars in Des Moines. Then it hit me....smoking.....I think the ban on smoking gave parents the go ahead. Thoughts?

    I'd also like to ban bicyclists from bars. They are almost always fat, wearing tight shorts, and smell of sweat. They give exercise a bad name. Thoughts?

    I hate being a dick on a message board or internet tough guy, but you are an idiot. As long as people are out and working out and biking it's a good thing. Clothing makes it more comfortable as others have said. More and more people are biking and I hope that makes people like you move to somewhere remote.


    GDMCC Member follow us on twitter @dmcyclub

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • Iowa State vs. Oklahoma
  • November 1, 2014
  • 07:00 PM