10000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 153
    Given: 166

Re: NBA Draft Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard4Cy View Post
    You're catching on!
    Good grief. Hoiball has now infected your brain and you are attempting to apply it to all other teams in the sport. Hats off to ya for the fandom but please.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 354
    Given: 226

You're catching on!
    If in their primes Shaq, Hakeem, etc. entered the league today they would still dominate, don't kid yourself. Those players are always rare so teams found other ways to play winning ball when they couldn't get those guys. That doesn't mean a true center that can actually play isn't a coveted commodity. Morey in Houston is one of the most respected forward-thinking GMs in the league and spent years crafting a scenario to acquire Dwight Howard. Philly blew up their franchise to roll the dice on Andrew f'n Bynum. Clearly a lot of smart people in the league didn't get your memo about centers being extinct.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 298
    Given: 39

Quote Originally Posted by MNCyGuy View Post
    If in their primes Shaq, Hakeem, etc. entered the league today they would still dominate, don't kid yourself. Those players are always rare so teams found other ways to play winning ball when they couldn't get those guys. That doesn't mean a true center that can actually play isn't a coveted commodity. Morey in Houston is one of the most respected forward-thinking GMs in the league and spent years crafting a scenario to acquire Dwight Howard. Philly blew up their franchise to roll the dice on Andrew f'n Bynum. Clearly a lot of smart people in the league didn't get your memo about centers being extinct.
    And Nerlens Noel. And Elton Brand. A lot of NBA teams will stop at nothing to try and get that next dominant post because if you get him, you have something about 3 other teams in the league have and 2 of them aren't contenders.

I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

Or so I have read.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,571
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 163
    Given: 103

Quote Originally Posted by twocoach View Post
    Good grief. Hoiball has now infected your brain and you are attempting to apply it to all other teams in the sport. Hats off to ya for the fandom but please.
    Listen man, don't take everything so seriously.

A lot of the reason tim is currently playing the center position is because of his age (like you said). During his prime he never really played center (part of this can be attributed to David Robinson).

heres a good take on it (even if it is from a forum):

http://forums.hoopshype.com/forums/i...c=70081.5;wap2

Keepers of the Faith -- htiaF eht fo srepeeK

Keepers of the Faith is an alliance for those who are excited, enthusiastic, and optimistic about the direction of our men's basketball program. We reject the notion that one bad loss can derail the incredible progress of the past three years. To join, put this in your signature.

Pro
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 786
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Tre4ISU View Post
    And Nerlens Noel. And Elton Brand. A lot of NBA teams will stop at nothing to try and get that next dominant post because if you get him, you have something about 3 other teams in the league have and 2 of them aren't contenders.
    Yep. How on earth did San Antonio manage to get past Oklahoma City even when their "best player" Tony Parker went out with an ankle injury? The Spurs have Tim Duncan to dump it to on the post to take advantage of a glaring mismatch. Rare ones are always sought after because virtually no one has them. Almost every team in the NBA has at least a pretty good wing player and/or SG.

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Listen man, don't take everything so seriously. A lot of the reason tim is currently playing the center position is because of his age (like you said). During his prime he never really played center (part of this can be attributed to David Robinson). heres a good take on it (even if it is from a forum): http://forums.hoopshype.com/forums/i...c=70081.5;wap2
    In other words, he USED to play PF when he was young and athletic but now he plays center because he is older and cannot move like he used to. I have been posting that same thing for 2 pages now, I am glad you finally agree with me.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by MNCyGuy View Post
    Is the NBA anything like it was when Bill Russell and Wilt Chamberlain played? Not even close. Is it exactly like it was when Hakeem and Shaq played ('90s and '00s)? Not really.

Name 5 players in the NBA who are franchise players and are also centers. I mean true centers. Players that can be compared to the likes of the four players I listed above.

Keepers of the Faith is an alliance for those who are excited, enthusiastic, and optimistic about the direction of our men's basketball program. We reject the notion that one bad loss can derail the incredible progress of the past three years. To join, put this in your signature.

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Is the NBA anything like it was when Bill Russell and Wilt Chamberlain played? Not even close. Is it exactly like it was when Hakeem and Shaq played ('90s and '00s)? Not really. Name 5 players in the NBA who are franchise players and are also centers. I mean true centers. Players that can be compared to the likes of the four players I listed above.
    There are barely four players in the NBA period that can be compared to Wilt and Russell. James, Kobe, Duncan and maybe someday Durant. You may need to lessen your criteria for a good NBA center a bit.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

In other words, he USED to play PF when he was young and athletic but now he plays center because he is older and cannot move like he used to. I have been posting that same thing for 2 pages now, I am glad you finally agree with me.
    Thats not really what I took from your posts.

what I took from your posts is that Tim Duncan is a center. What I'm saying is that Tim Duncan is playing center because the Spurs need him too, but when he retires he will go down as a power forward.

If that's what you were trying to say as well then hooray, but my guess is that you're going to need to make this more complicated.

Legend
    Overall activity: 49.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialOverdriveVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,051
    Given: 525

Luke Winn @lukewinn 11m

Embiid's injury is bad: stress fracture to navicular in R foot (Yao bone). Still think he'll go in 4-8 range, then get iced 'til 2015-16.

Would not draft.

Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post
    Football is just a stupid game. Who cares who has the better football team. It's just a game.

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Is the NBA anything like it was when Bill Russell and Wilt Chamberlain played? Not even close. Is it exactly like it was when Hakeem and Shaq played ('90s and '00s)? Not really. Name 5 players in the NBA who are franchise players and are also centers. I mean true centers. Players that can be compared to the likes of the four players I listed above.
    It's not strange that there aren't 4 centers currently playing that are as good as four of the best players in NBA history. If it happened that often those players probably would no longer be considered all that special. The old "If everyone can do it, it's no longer an accomplishment."

Addict
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 415
    Given: 5

So let me get this straight, I'm supposed to see the value of a big man due to people trading a lot/cutting a lot of cap space for Dwight Howard and Andrew Bynum, and drafting Nerlens Noel and Anthony Davis? It's not hard to see the great teams are doing it on good PG and wing play.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

There are barely four players in the NBA period that can be compared to Wilt and Russell. James, Kobe, Duncan and maybe someday Durant. You may need to lessen your criteria for a good NBA center a bit.
    Does everyone have to be so literal around you? I mean clearly, clearly, CLEARLY I didn't think any current NBA center is comparable to them, I'm talking about a player who is a franchise player and a star.

Here is some advice: if you want people to like you, constantly arguing every point they make at every possible angle even if the point is correct, isn't the way to do it.

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Thats not really what I took from your posts. what I took from your posts is that Tim Duncan is a center. What I'm saying is that Tim Duncan is playing center because the Spurs need him too, but when he retires he will go down as a power forward. If that's what you were trying to say as well then hooray, but my guess is that you're going to need to make this more complicated.
    The argument is "is Tim Duncan currently a center or a power forward?" No more complicated than that. I agree that he will go down in history as a PF, just like George Brett is forever classified as a third baseman despite the fact that after he got old he moved to first base the last seven years of his career.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 699
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 150
    Given: 28

The argument is "is Tim Duncan currently a center or a power forward?" No more complicated than that. I agree that he will go down in history as a PF, just like George Brett is forever classified as a third baseman despite the fact that after he got old he moved to first base the last seven years of his career.
    PF, Splitter starts at C. But Duncan plays both positions so it's a really dumb argument.