Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 451
    Given: 314

Re: NBA Draft Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by CyJack13 View Post
    I wouldn't call Wall a franchise guy just yet either, neither are Dirk or Kobe at this point in their career and Rose is a huge question mark too, no mention of Westbrook, Noah, CP3, Blake or LaMarcus or Marc Gasol like you mentioned.
    Agreed on Wall, but at least he appears to be the best player on his own team. Lillard was just such a mind-boggling inclusion, I can't believe I missed that first time through.

Pro
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points3 months registered

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 287
    Given: 348

Quote Originally Posted by twocoach View Post
    Are you comparing Georges Niang's play style to Duncan's? Niang 3 point attempts in March 8th game vs. Oklahoma State = 9. Tim Duncan's 3 point attempts in entire 2014 NBA season = 5. I assume most of those were end of quarter chucks, not actual in game attempts. Come on.
    How about this one. Georges Niang MADE three pointers on January 25th vs. Kansas State = 4. Tim Duncan MADE three pointers in last SEVEN NBA SEASONS = 4. Any more dumb comments about how I should consider Tim Duncan to play the same position as Georges Niang?

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

This Embiid is going to make the draft real interesting this year. Most sources had Cleveland favoring Embiid over the other top picks, and how interested are they going to be in a lottery pick wing like Parker or Wiggins if they think they can lure LeBron back to the Cavs? #1 pick and flotsam to Minnesota for Love?

Pro
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by LindenCy View Post
    Not that article but the topic, yes. Look like I will get my wish and not have to cheer for either of the Kansas players going basketball Siberia in Milwaukee. Wiggins first to either Cleveland or Philly (if Philly trades up which is now much more likely since they desperately want Wiggins) and Parker 2nd to Milwaukee. Then who knows below there.

Addict
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 237
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 346
    Given: 162

Are you comparing Georges Niang's play style to Duncan's? Niang 3 point attempts in March 8th game vs. Oklahoma State = 9. Tim Duncan's 3 point attempts in entire 2014 NBA season = 5. I assume most of those were end of quarter chucks, not actual in game attempts. Come on.
    Whoa whoa whoa when did I compare Niang to Duncan? All I was saying was that just because you play the 5 doesn't make you a center.

but keep taking words out of people's mouths, Tuco.

Keepers of the Faith -- htiaF eht fo srepeeK

Keepers of the Faith is an alliance for those who are excited, enthusiastic, and optimistic about the direction of our men's basketball program. We reject the notion that one bad loss can derail the incredible progress of the past three years. To join, put this in your signature.

Pro
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by MNCyGuy View Post
    This Embiid is going to make the draft real interesting this year. Most sources had Cleveland favoring Embiid over the other top picks, and how interested are they going to be in a lottery pick wing like Parker or Wiggins if they think they can lure LeBron back to the Cavs? #1 pick and flotsam to Minnesota for Love?
    I don't think you have to worry about what position people play when talking about James. He is his own position and can match up anywhere. His courtship will not affect their draft pick one bit.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 885
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 192
    Given: 42

And if LeBron doesn't come back and Love walks after next year, Cleveland will have turned back to back number one picks into Anthony Bennett. I'd rather take Wiggins unless you can get Love to sign an extension before you trade for him.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

How about this one. Georges Niang MADE three pointers on January 25th vs. Kansas State = 4. Tim Duncan MADE three pointers in last SEVEN NBA SEASONS = 4. Any more dumb comments about how I should consider Tim Duncan to play the same position as Georges Niang?
    If anyone is looking dumb right now, it's you.

Keepers of the Faith is an alliance for those who are excited, enthusiastic, and optimistic about the direction of our men's basketball program. We reject the notion that one bad loss can derail the incredible progress of the past three years. To join, put this in your signature.

Legend
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CyJack13 View Post
    And if LeBron doesn't come back and Love walks after next year, Cleveland will have turned back to back number one picks into Anthony Bennett. I'd rather take Wiggins unless you can get Love to sign an extension before you trade for him.
    That's what makes it such a Cleveland thing to do.

Legend
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I don't think you have to worry about what position people play when talking about James. He is his own position and can match up anywhere. His courtship will not affect their draft pick one bit.
    That's probably true, if anything it probably matters more what kind of team HE wants to be surrounded by.

Pro
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard4Cy View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa when did I compare Niang to Duncan? All I was saying was that just because you play the 5 doesn't make you a center. but keep taking words out of people's mouths, Tuco.
    Then please refer to the Duncan shot chart I posted which shows that all of his shots are from about 2 feet from the basket. I don't know how much more clear it can be. He is a PF in legacy only. He stopped playing PF a few years ago when he got old and his legs could no longer move him around like he used to. Don't most people call the tallest guy on the court that now gets the vast majority of their offense in the low post and who is assigned to be the rim protector on defense a center? If Duncan isn't a center then the position of center no longer exists in basketball.

Pro
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

That's probably true, if anything it probably matters more what kind of team HE wants to be surrounded by.
    Like a guy that can shoot, slash and play excellent defense? I'd like to introduce you to Andrew Wiggins. that said, I put the chance of James going back to Cleveland at 0.5% He has shown that his only interest is winning more titles and Cleveland does not have a front office that has shown that they have any idea how to build a title contender. Miami has been to 4 straight NBA Finals. He wanted to play for a team that game him the best chance of winning titles. Not sure how much more an organization can do to show they have the same interest than field a team that makes the Finals every single year. People are trying to make this into some dramatic event but I don't see any way that James comes back unless Wade doesn't opt out and saddles the team with his ridiculous contract.

Addict
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 732
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 209
    Given: 52

Like a guy that can shoot, slash and play excellent defense? I'd like to introduce you to Andrew Wiggins. that said, I put the chance of James going back to Cleveland at 0.5% He has shown that his only interest is winning more titles and Cleveland does not have a front office that has shown that they have any idea how to build a title contender. Miami has been to 4 straight NBA Finals. He wanted to play for a team that game him the best chance of winning titles. Not sure how much more an organization can do to show they have the same interest than field a team that makes the Finals every single year. People are trying to make this into some dramatic event but I don't see any way that James comes back unless Wade doesn't opt out and saddles the team with his ridiculous contract.
    The difference is now, James has won and everyone wants to play with him. When he was at the Cavs before, it was questioned whether he could do it. I could be the GM of the Cavs if you gave me James, Love and Irving (for below max deals) and win a title.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Then please refer to the Duncan shot chart I posted which shows that all of his shots are from about 2 feet from the basket. I don't know how much more clear it can be. He is a PF in legacy only. He stopped playing PF a few years ago when he got old and his legs could no longer move him around like he used to. Don't most people call the tallest guy on the court that now gets the vast majority of their offense in the low post and who is assigned to be the rim protector on defense a center? If Duncan isn't a center then the position of center no longer exists in basketball.
    You're catching on!

Pro
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by erikbj View Post
    The difference is now, James has won and everyone wants to play with him. When he was at the Cavs before, it was questioned whether he could do it. I could be the GM of the Cavs if you gave me James, Love and Irving (for below max deals) and win a title.
    They want to play with him in Miami, not Cleveland. No one is moving to Cleveland. Even James isn't enough to overcome that.