Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 192
  1. #76
    Addict
    Points: 66,386, Level: 79
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 64
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,425
    Points
    66,386
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 302
    Given: 64

    Re: NBA Draft Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by Thomasrickj View Post
    Funny that you're making fun of a team that made the conference semi's this past season...
    In the East...that's a very important detail to add. It could be worse, I could be defending the NBA careers of Jan Veasley and Otto Porter.



  2. #77
    Speechless
    Points: 417,261, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    62,229
    Points
    417,261
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,059
    Given: 726
    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, 3sus Naz, Dustin, Bryce, Abdel, Monte, Matt, and Jameel.

  3. #78
    Speechless
    Points: 540,284, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneRulzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Nevada, IA
    Posts
    21,711
    Points
    540,284
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,390
    Given: 5,094

    Re: NBA Draft Rankings

    Embiid = Greg oden 2.0


    2014 CF Poster of the Year

    CF SURVIVOR 4 WINNER!


    Quote Originally Posted by cyowan View Post

    Rulzzz 3:16 says I just liked your post!

  4. #79
    Addict
    Points: 76,264, Level: 85
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 286
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    BallSoHard4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    6,257
    Points
    76,264
    Level
    85
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 527
    Given: 236

    Re: NBA Draft Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneRulzzz View Post
    Embiid = Greg oden 2.0
    Agree. That back of his is a ticking time bomb.


    Keepers of the Faith -- htiaF eht fo srepeeK

    Keepers of the Faith is an alliance for those who are excited, enthusiastic, and optimistic about the direction of our men's basketball program. We reject the notion that one bad loss can derail the incredible progress of the past three years. To join, put this in your signature.

  5. #80
    Addict
    Points: 76,264, Level: 85
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 286
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    BallSoHard4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    6,257
    Points
    76,264
    Level
    85
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 527
    Given: 236

    Re: NBA Draft Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by twocoach View Post
    Yeah, Tim Duncan wasn't much of a contributor to the Spurs this year...
    I think his point was about centers, but then he switched it to big men. Tim Duncan is not a center.


    Keepers of the Faith -- htiaF eht fo srepeeK

    Keepers of the Faith is an alliance for those who are excited, enthusiastic, and optimistic about the direction of our men's basketball program. We reject the notion that one bad loss can derail the incredible progress of the past three years. To join, put this in your signature.

  6. #81
    Addict
    Points: 93,216, Level: 95
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,834
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Gunnerclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Beaverdale hood
    Posts
    5,369
    Points
    93,216
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,242
    Given: 679

    Re: NBA Draft Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by twocoach View Post
    Yeah, Tim Duncan wasn't much of a contributor to the Spurs this year...
    Duncan is much in the same mold as Aldridge. A tweener but in the more uncommon position between power forward and center.


    Rhoads out!

  7. #82
    Rookie
    Points: 8,229, Level: 27
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 521
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience PointsSocial
    mkleve44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    453
    Points
    8,229
    Level
    27
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 189
    Given: 8

    Re: NBA Draft Rankings

    Didn't see this posted yet.

    Jon Rothstein@JonRothstein 40m
    Two names I'm hearing for the Heat at 26 - UConn's Shabazz Napier + Iowa State's DeAndre Kane. Miami could sell pick but eye proven PG.

    First round for Kane would be huge.



  8. #83
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 40,309, Level: 61
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience Points1 year registeredRecommendation Second Class
    twocoach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    4,464
    Points
    40,309
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 567
    Given: 719

    Re: NBA Draft Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard4Cy View Post
    I think his point was about centers, but then he switched it to big men. Tim Duncan is not a center.
    Sure looked to be playing center out there to me. He hasn't played PF for several years.



  9. #84
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 40,309, Level: 61
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience Points1 year registeredRecommendation Second Class
    twocoach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    4,464
    Points
    40,309
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 567
    Given: 719

    Re: NBA Draft Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunnerclone View Post
    Duncan is much in the same mold as Aldridge. A tweener but in the more uncommon position between power forward and center.
    http://vorped.com/bball/index.php/pl...131-Tim-Duncan Found this "last 30 days" shot chart. Sure looks like the shot chart of a center to me.



  10. #85
    Addict
    Points: 162,895, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Clonefan32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    9,393
    Points
    162,895
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,140
    Given: 11

    Re: NBA Draft Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by twocoach View Post
    Yeah, Tim Duncan wasn't much of a contributor to the Spurs this year...
    First off all, Tim Duncan is a PF not a true center. Second, if you think Tim Duncan was a huge contributor to the Spurs title run this year, you're wrong. Hell, that offense ran just as well with Thiago Splitter in there. Offensively, I don't think I'd even put Duncan's contributions in the top 5 on his own team.


    All I'm saying is the need isn't there in the NBA for a big, throw-it-down-on-the-block big guy anymore. Teams are built around point guards and wings.



  11. #86
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 40,309, Level: 61
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience Points1 year registeredRecommendation Second Class
    twocoach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    4,464
    Points
    40,309
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 567
    Given: 719

    Re: NBA Draft Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard4Cy View Post
    Agree. That back of his is a ticking time bomb.
    The back and feet of every 7 foot person, let alone NBA center, are a ticking time bomb.



  12. #87
    Legend
    Points: 191,167, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 55.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    HFCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    14,201
    Points
    191,167
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,213
    Given: 1,393

    Re: NBA Draft Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by twocoach View Post
    Sure looked to be playing center out there to me. He hasn't played PF for several years.
    I actually lean toward agreeing with trollcoach on this one.



  13. #88
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 40,309, Level: 61
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience Points1 year registeredRecommendation Second Class
    twocoach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    4,464
    Points
    40,309
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 567
    Given: 719

    Re: NBA Draft Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by Clonefan32 View Post
    First off all, Tim Duncan is a PF not a true center. Second, if you think Tim Duncan was a huge contributor to the Spurs title run this year, you're wrong. Hell, that offense ran just as well with Thiago Splitter in there. Offensively, I don't think I'd even put Duncan's contributions in the top 5 on his own team. All I'm saying is the need isn't there in the NBA for a big, throw-it-down-on-the-block big guy anymore. Teams are built around point guards and wings.
    Tim Duncan takes about one shot a game outside of five feet. Call him whatever position you want. He is a throw it down in the block big guy who also passes well. The offense ran well with Splitter in there because the rest of the Spurs B team was way better than every other B team in the league. If you are arguing that 15 ppg (2nd on the team and almost 3 ppg more than third on the team) is a Top 5 contributor on your team then you are just arguing with me because it's me. Embiid has the physical tools and talent to be much more than just a dump it in the post kind of player. He was torching teams left and right last year in his THIRD year of basketball ever. The kid will be scoring from everywhere on the floor in three more years.



  14. #89
    Speechless
    Points: 417,261, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    62,229
    Points
    417,261
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,059
    Given: 726

    Re: NBA Draft Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by twocoach View Post
    Tim Duncan takes about one shot a game outside of five feet. Call him whatever position you want. He is a throw it down in the block big guy who also passes well. The offense ran well with Splitter in there because the rest of the Spurs B team was way better than every other B team in the league. If you are arguing that 15 ppg (2nd on the team and almost 3 ppg more than third on the team) is a Top 5 contributor on your team then you are just arguing with me because it's me. Embiid has the physical tools and talent to be much more than just a dump it in the post kind of player. He was torching teams left and right last year in his THIRD year of basketball ever. The kid will be scoring from everywhere on the floor in three more years.
    Unless he is injury prone.


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, 3sus Naz, Dustin, Bryce, Abdel, Monte, Matt, and Jameel.

  15. #90
    Legend
    Points: 216,408, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    MNCyGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    10,996
    Points
    216,408
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 712
    Given: 468

    Re: NBA Draft Rankings

    Centers remain valuable, just more so for providing rim protection and anchoring defenses, not necessarily the offense. Howard, pre-meltdown Hibbert, Marc Gasol all fall into that camp. Hell, look at how many experts have pinned Golden State's playoff chances on Bogut's health the last couple years. The post-championship Mavs didn't fall apart because they lost Tyson Chandler's offense. And so on and so forth.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: ESPNU
  • Iowa State vs. TCU
  • January 31, 2015
  • 01:00 PM