Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 192
  1. #76
    Addict
    Points: 64,683, Level: 78
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,150
    Points
    64,683
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 236
    Given: 50

    Re: NBA Draft Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by Thomasrickj View Post
    Funny that you're making fun of a team that made the conference semi's this past season...
    In the East...that's a very important detail to add. It could be worse, I could be defending the NBA careers of Jan Veasley and Otto Porter.



  2. #77
    Speechless
    Points: 406,135, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 70.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    60,551
    Points
    406,135
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 796
    Given: 528
    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

  3. #78
    Speechless
    Points: 498,948, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 86.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneRulzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Nevada, IA
    Posts
    20,585
    Points
    498,948
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,606
    Given: 3,760

    Re: NBA Draft Rankings

    Embiid = Greg oden 2.0


    CF SURVIVOR 4 WINNER!


    Quote Originally Posted by cyowan View Post

    Rulzzz 3:16 says I just liked your post!

  4. #79
    Addict
    Points: 69,275, Level: 81
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 475
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    BallSoHard4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    5,856
    Points
    69,275
    Level
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 411
    Given: 195

    Re: NBA Draft Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneRulzzz View Post
    Embiid = Greg oden 2.0
    Agree. That back of his is a ticking time bomb.


    Keepers of the Faith -- htiaF eht fo srepeeK

    Keepers of the Faith is an alliance for those who are excited, enthusiastic, and optimistic about the direction of our men's basketball program. We reject the notion that one bad loss can derail the incredible progress of the past three years. To join, put this in your signature.

  5. #80
    Addict
    Points: 69,275, Level: 81
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 475
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    BallSoHard4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    5,856
    Points
    69,275
    Level
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 411
    Given: 195

    Re: NBA Draft Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by twocoach View Post
    Yeah, Tim Duncan wasn't much of a contributor to the Spurs this year...
    I think his point was about centers, but then he switched it to big men. Tim Duncan is not a center.


    Keepers of the Faith -- htiaF eht fo srepeeK

    Keepers of the Faith is an alliance for those who are excited, enthusiastic, and optimistic about the direction of our men's basketball program. We reject the notion that one bad loss can derail the incredible progress of the past three years. To join, put this in your signature.

  6. #81
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 84,649, Level: 90
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 901
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Gunnerclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Beaverdale hood
    Posts
    4,544
    Points
    84,649
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 830
    Given: 379

    Re: NBA Draft Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by twocoach View Post
    Yeah, Tim Duncan wasn't much of a contributor to the Spurs this year...
    Duncan is much in the same mold as Aldridge. A tweener but in the more uncommon position between power forward and center.


    Rhoads out!

  7. #82
    Rookie
    Points: 7,453, Level: 25
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience PointsSocial
    mkleve44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    428
    Points
    7,453
    Level
    25
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 120
    Given: 7

    Re: NBA Draft Rankings

    Didn't see this posted yet.

    Jon Rothstein@JonRothstein 40m
    Two names I'm hearing for the Heat at 26 - UConn's Shabazz Napier + Iowa State's DeAndre Kane. Miami could sell pick but eye proven PG.

    First round for Kane would be huge.



  8. #83
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 34,883, Level: 57
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 567
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,590
    Points
    34,883
    Level
    57
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 392
    Given: 471

    Re: NBA Draft Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard4Cy View Post
    I think his point was about centers, but then he switched it to big men. Tim Duncan is not a center.
    Sure looked to be playing center out there to me. He hasn't played PF for several years.



  9. #84
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 34,883, Level: 57
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 567
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,590
    Points
    34,883
    Level
    57
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 392
    Given: 471

    Re: NBA Draft Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunnerclone View Post
    Duncan is much in the same mold as Aldridge. A tweener but in the more uncommon position between power forward and center.
    http://vorped.com/bball/index.php/pl...131-Tim-Duncan Found this "last 30 days" shot chart. Sure looks like the shot chart of a center to me.



  10. #85
    Addict
    Points: 159,383, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Clonefan32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    9,166
    Points
    159,383
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 914
    Given: 10

    Re: NBA Draft Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by twocoach View Post
    Yeah, Tim Duncan wasn't much of a contributor to the Spurs this year...
    First off all, Tim Duncan is a PF not a true center. Second, if you think Tim Duncan was a huge contributor to the Spurs title run this year, you're wrong. Hell, that offense ran just as well with Thiago Splitter in there. Offensively, I don't think I'd even put Duncan's contributions in the top 5 on his own team.


    All I'm saying is the need isn't there in the NBA for a big, throw-it-down-on-the-block big guy anymore. Teams are built around point guards and wings.



  11. #86
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 34,883, Level: 57
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 567
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,590
    Points
    34,883
    Level
    57
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 392
    Given: 471

    Re: NBA Draft Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard4Cy View Post
    Agree. That back of his is a ticking time bomb.
    The back and feet of every 7 foot person, let alone NBA center, are a ticking time bomb.



  12. #87
    Legend
    Points: 175,121, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 96.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    HFCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    12,421
    Points
    175,121
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,409
    Given: 1,062

    Re: NBA Draft Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by twocoach View Post
    Sure looked to be playing center out there to me. He hasn't played PF for several years.
    I actually lean toward agreeing with trollcoach on this one.



  13. #88
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 34,883, Level: 57
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 567
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,590
    Points
    34,883
    Level
    57
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 392
    Given: 471

    Re: NBA Draft Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by Clonefan32 View Post
    First off all, Tim Duncan is a PF not a true center. Second, if you think Tim Duncan was a huge contributor to the Spurs title run this year, you're wrong. Hell, that offense ran just as well with Thiago Splitter in there. Offensively, I don't think I'd even put Duncan's contributions in the top 5 on his own team. All I'm saying is the need isn't there in the NBA for a big, throw-it-down-on-the-block big guy anymore. Teams are built around point guards and wings.
    Tim Duncan takes about one shot a game outside of five feet. Call him whatever position you want. He is a throw it down in the block big guy who also passes well. The offense ran well with Splitter in there because the rest of the Spurs B team was way better than every other B team in the league. If you are arguing that 15 ppg (2nd on the team and almost 3 ppg more than third on the team) is a Top 5 contributor on your team then you are just arguing with me because it's me. Embiid has the physical tools and talent to be much more than just a dump it in the post kind of player. He was torching teams left and right last year in his THIRD year of basketball ever. The kid will be scoring from everywhere on the floor in three more years.



  14. #89
    Speechless
    Points: 406,135, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 70.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    60,551
    Points
    406,135
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 796
    Given: 528

    Re: NBA Draft Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by twocoach View Post
    Tim Duncan takes about one shot a game outside of five feet. Call him whatever position you want. He is a throw it down in the block big guy who also passes well. The offense ran well with Splitter in there because the rest of the Spurs B team was way better than every other B team in the league. If you are arguing that 15 ppg (2nd on the team and almost 3 ppg more than third on the team) is a Top 5 contributor on your team then you are just arguing with me because it's me. Embiid has the physical tools and talent to be much more than just a dump it in the post kind of player. He was torching teams left and right last year in his THIRD year of basketball ever. The kid will be scoring from everywhere on the floor in three more years.
    Unless he is injury prone.


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

  15. #90
    Legend
    Points: 212,659, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    MNCyGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    10,860
    Points
    212,659
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 609
    Given: 403

    Re: NBA Draft Rankings

    Centers remain valuable, just more so for providing rim protection and anchoring defenses, not necessarily the offense. Howard, pre-meltdown Hibbert, Marc Gasol all fall into that camp. Hell, look at how many experts have pinned Golden State's playoff chances on Bogut's health the last couple years. The post-championship Mavs didn't fall apart because they lost Tyson Chandler's offense. And so on and so forth.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FS1
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. West Virginia
  • November 29, 2014
  • 11:00 AM