Kevin Durant Skills Academy
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 51
  1. #1
    Starter
    Points: 18,344, Level: 41
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 606
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Nuts4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    619
    Points
    18,344
    Level
    41
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 85
    Given: 111

    Kevin Durant Skills Academy

    Does the fact that Aaron White also got invited to this camp ruin any excitement for BDJ?

    @DaveZABC5: Aaron White has been invited to the Kevin Durant Skills Academy later this month.



  2. #2
    Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Points: 607,887, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Mr Janny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    22,966
    Points
    607,887
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,794
    Given: 169

    Re: Kevin Durant Skills Academy

    Somebody has to hand BDJ his Gatorade. Might as well be Aaron White.


    "What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

    "Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

    "Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

  3. #3
    Walk On
    Points: 7,355, Level: 25
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    211
    Points
    7,355
    Level
    25
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 76
    Given: 116

    Re: Kevin Durant Skills Academy

    HAHAHA!


    Yes and no. According to Hawk fans he's one of the top players in the nation. LOL!



  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 288,558, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    VeloClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    Posts
    15,465
    Points
    288,558
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,178
    Given: 3,750

    Re: Kevin Durant Skills Academy

    So who pulled out so they had to fill the slot at the last minute with Pasty McGinger?

    Seriously, most of the invites went out a month and a half ago.


    "There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldn’t get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 74,355, Level: 84
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    erikbj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    hiawatha, ia
    Posts
    5,682
    Points
    74,355
    Level
    84
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 352
    Given: 90

    Re: Kevin Durant Skills Academy

    The first half of the year, White did look like a legit player. The second half of the year, he disappeared.



  6. #6
    All-Star
    Points: 29,737, Level: 52
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesVeteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    Triggermv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    1,954
    Points
    29,737
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 244
    Given: 193

    Re: Kevin Durant Skills Academy

    Fault me for defending a Hawkeye, but I fully believe Aaron White has the talent to justify him getting an invite. Put me in the camp where I've always been a big Aaron White guy. However, I'm not sure there is a coach out there who underutilizes his talents like Mad Fran does, which is a lot of the reason why White ended up dissapeared mid-act last year. White is one of those guys I could only dream of being in Hoiberg's system where he truly could be a force. The dude has skills and runs like a gazelle, which both are great Hoiball traits.



  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 66,842, Level: 80
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 1,208
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Rural's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    6,216
    Points
    66,842
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 318
    Given: 223

    Re: Kevin Durant Skills Academy

    Quote Originally Posted by Triggermv View Post
    Fault me for defending a Hawkeye, but I fully believe Aaron White has the talent to justify him getting an invite. Put me in the camp where I've always been a big Aaron White guy. However, I'm not sure there is a coach out there who underutilizes his talents like Mad Fran does, which is a lot of the reason why White ended up dissapeared mid-act last year. White is one of those guys I could only dream of being in Hoiberg's system where he truly could be a force. The dude has skills and runs like a gazelle, which both are great Hoiball traits.

    Really?



  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 35,401, Level: 57
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 49
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredSocial25000 Experience Points
    mjacobs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,340
    Points
    35,401
    Level
    57
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,173
    Given: 1,091

    Re: Kevin Durant Skills Academy

    I've found Aaron White is always one of those players who is in the right place at the right time. He gets nearly all of his points off good looks from other players and off plays where the ball is already close to the hoop. I guess you could say that's a skill.



  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 64,886, Level: 79
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,564
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,203
    Points
    64,886
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 253
    Given: 54

    Re: Kevin Durant Skills Academy

    Quote Originally Posted by Triggermv View Post
    Fault me for defending a Hawkeye, but I fully believe Aaron White has the talent to justify him getting an invite. Put me in the camp where I've always been a big Aaron White guy. However, I'm not sure there is a coach out there who underutilizes his talents like Mad Fran does, which is a lot of the reason why White ended up dissapeared mid-act last year. White is one of those guys I could only dream of being in Hoiberg's system where he truly could be a force. The dude has skills and runs like a gazelle, which both are great Hoiball traits.
    It's hard to utilize a guy who doesn't like to shoot outside of three feet nor likes contact. He's a finesse stretch four without the jump shot. He does run the floor well and has good instincts on cutting to the basket, if he's a fourth scoring option a team you're probably in real good shape, if he's first or second, not so much.



  10. #10
    Starter
    Points: 22,314, Level: 45
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 236
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Tri4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    609
    Points
    22,314
    Level
    45
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 82
    Given: 198

    Re: Kevin Durant Skills Academy

    Quote Originally Posted by mjacobs View Post
    I've found Aaron White is always one of those players who is in the right place at the right time. He gets nearly all of his points off good looks from other players and off plays where the ball is already close to the hoop. I guess you could say that's a skill.
    I honestly think that is one of the most under-appreciated skills a player of any game can possess. Being in the right place at the right time is a great skill to have. You have to have vision for the flow of the game to do it...and if the result is a bunch of "easy" relatively uncontested shots then yes, I would say he has some skill.


    "I'm not vain...I'm awesome" - Me

  11. #11
    All-Star
    Points: 24,865, Level: 48
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 685
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    ThurgoodMarshal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    1,201
    Points
    24,865
    Level
    48
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 319
    Given: 271

    Re: Kevin Durant Skills Academy

    Quote Originally Posted by Triggermv View Post
    Fault me for defending a Hawkeye, but I fully believe Aaron White has the talent to justify him getting an invite. Put me in the camp where I've always been a big Aaron White guy. However, I'm not sure there is a coach out there who underutilizes his talents like Mad Fran does, which is a lot of the reason why White ended up dissapeared mid-act last year. White is one of those guys I could only dream of being in Hoiberg's system where he truly could be a force. The dude has skills and runs like a gazelle, which both are great Hoiball traits.
    Don't you mean "like a Gesell?"




  12. #12
    Speechless
    Points: 879,757, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    57,651
    Points
    879,757
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,953
    Given: 2,362

    Re: Kevin Durant Skills Academy

    Quote Originally Posted by Rural View Post
    Really?

    Very few plays can throw down an uncontested layup like Aaron White.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 177,409, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    snowcraig2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    7,494
    Points
    177,409
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 533
    Given: 82

    Re: Kevin Durant Skills Academy

    didn't he have like 27 and 18 against us?



  14. #14
    All-Star
    Points: 29,737, Level: 52
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesVeteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    Triggermv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    1,954
    Points
    29,737
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 244
    Given: 193

    Re: Kevin Durant Skills Academy

    Quote Originally Posted by Rural View Post
    Really?
    Yes, really. I also see him as a guy whose play really depends on his confidence level, which isn't very high right now. This is another reason I feel he could greatly benefit from Hoiberg, as I truly believe Hoiberg is about as good as any coach at trusting and building confidence in a player. Fran, I'd say not so much, as evidenced by his demeanor and his whole team's colapse last year.

    Lastly, there is also a reason why I've seen multiple threads on this site where Cyclone fans debate if they could only have one player switch over from the Hawkeyes to the Cyclones, who would that be, and the overwhelming response has been White (even over Marble). Our own fans wouldn't say that if he has no skills.


    Last edited by Triggermv; 06-11-2014 at 11:12 AM.

  15. #15
    Speechless
    Points: 288,558, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    VeloClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    Posts
    15,465
    Points
    288,558
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,178
    Given: 3,750

    Re: Kevin Durant Skills Academy

    Quote Originally Posted by snowcraig2.0 View Post
    didn't he have like 27 and 18 against us?
    25 & 17 but your point stands.


    "There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldn’t get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Mediacom 22
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Drake
  • December 20, 2014
  • 04:00 PM