Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Publisher
    Points: 1,026,333, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    18,620
    Points
    1,026,333
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,827
    Given: 786

    RECRUITING: Top in-state prospect commits to Cyclones


  2. #2
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 58,157, Level: 74
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 393
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,934
    Points
    58,157
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 359
    Given: 400

    Re: RECRUITING: Top in-state prospect commits to Cyclones

    Great size, multi sport guy and he sounds real motivated. Could be a real steal. Seems like if we can get them to camp we usually have a good shot at getting them when we offer. Anybody know if Burrow is camping with us?



  3. #3
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 15,177, Level: 37
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 473
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    252
    Points
    15,177
    Level
    37
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 9

    Re: RECRUITING: Top in-state prospect commits to Cyclones

    Is there not much talent in-state this year? I see Iowa hasn't offered this kid, however has offered 2-5 on the rivals rating list for the state. On the flip side, we've not offered any of those other kids. Seems like more Iowa kids have received offers from us both in the past.



  4. #4
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 54,779, Level: 72
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 771
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,464
    Points
    54,779
    Level
    72
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 571
    Given: 38

    Re: RECRUITING: Top in-state prospect commits to Cyclones

    Quote Originally Posted by CYKOFAN View Post
    Great size, multi sport guy and he sounds real motivated. Could be a real steal. Seems like if we can get them to camp we usually have a good shot at getting them when we offer. Anybody know if Burrow is camping with us?
    Burrow committed to Ohio State



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 53,538, Level: 71
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 512
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    NickTheGreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Johnston
    Posts
    6,110
    Points
    53,538
    Level
    71
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 894
    Given: 1,200

    Re: RECRUITING: Top in-state prospect commits to Cyclones

    I know it's a sore subject sometimes, but I like getting these in-state kids.



  6. #6
    Prospect
    Points: 1,401, Level: 10
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 149
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    15
    Points
    1,401
    Level
    10
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Re: RECRUITING: Top in-state prospect commits to Cyclones

    NewBorg and Paulsons are committed to Iowa as instate linemen.



  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 65,069, Level: 79
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,381
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    djcubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bondurant
    Posts
    3,355
    Points
    65,069
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 410
    Given: 666

    Re: RECRUITING: Top in-state prospect commits to Cyclones

    Quote Originally Posted by NickTheGreat View Post
    I know it's a sore subject sometimes, but I like getting these in-state kids.
    If nothing else, it adds to the rivalry when we are pulling kids from Iowa's back yard.



  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 379,891, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    17,661
    Points
    379,891
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,492
    Given: 5,836

    Re: RECRUITING: Top in-state prospect commits to Cyclones

    Quote Originally Posted by CyFanInChiLand View Post
    Is there not much talent in-state this year? I see Iowa hasn't offered this kid, however has offered 2-5 on the rivals rating list for the state. On the flip side, we've not offered any of those other kids. Seems like more Iowa kids have received offers from us both in the past.
    There's a lot of instate talent this year. I think there are 9 or 10 in-state guys that already have an offer from Iowa or ISU or both, and that's a lot at this point in the year.



  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 371,497, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    22,142
    Points
    371,497
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,211
    Given: 223

    Re: RECRUITING: Top in-state prospect commits to Cyclones

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    There's a lot of instate talent this year. I think there are 9 or 10 in-state guys that already have an offer from Iowa or ISU or both, and that's a lot at this point in the year.
    Yeah, it's just not "sexy" talent. Evidently linemen don't equate to talent. That said, there isn't a guy out there who someone just has to have like Lazard. To me, a lot of these guys are in the same tier, so to speak.


    This is very important:

    2014-15 KenPom AdjO (rating)
    116.3 (11)

    2015-16 KenPom AdjO (rating
    120.7 (3)

  10. #10
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 15,177, Level: 37
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 473
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    252
    Points
    15,177
    Level
    37
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 9

    Re: RECRUITING: Top in-state prospect commits to Cyclones

    I guess what I was trying to say is there seems to be no overlap in offers to this point. Is it that we already knew some of these kids were Iowa bound and figured it was pointless?



  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 252,900, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    34,166
    Points
    252,900
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,254
    Given: 254

    Re: RECRUITING: Top in-state prospect commits to Cyclones

    Quote Originally Posted by CyFanInChiLand View Post
    I guess what I was trying to say is there seems to be no overlap in offers to this point. Is it that we already knew some of these kids were Iowa bound and figured it was pointless?
    Maybe. Maybe not. Recruiting is resources and how you use them. You target certain people because of need, talent, whether they would be a good fit, and also whether they will accept if offered. It is a balancing act.

    We have offered Meeker who has accepted and Nerness, who is still deciding. I might point out also that this will be a very small recruiting class. We have very few seniors. So we have to be very selective. Meeker has good size and athleticism and can also play multiple positions on the line. So there are a lot of options on the line as to where he might end up. Most likely a guard, IMO. And that versatility is a good thing.



  12. #12
    Legend
    Points: 132,271, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    DandyCyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Western Iowa
    Posts
    11,347
    Points
    132,271
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,721
    Given: 1,122

    Re: RECRUITING: Top in-state prospect commits to Cyclones

    Quote Originally Posted by thawks View Post
    NewBorg and Paulsons are committed to Iowa as instate linemen.
    Cool. Go talk about them somewhere else. No one here cares.


    Quote Originally Posted by Schfinkter View Post
    What?





  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 104,550, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    CloneinWDSM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    8,965
    Points
    104,550
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,585
    Given: 83

    Re: RECRUITING: Top in-state prospect commits to Cyclones

    Quote Originally Posted by DandyCyclone View Post
    Cool. Go talk about them somewhere else. No one here cares.
    You badass you



  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 119,092, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    ribsnwhiskey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    6,513
    Points
    119,092
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,295
    Given: 703

    Re: RECRUITING: Top in-state prospect commits to Cyclones

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormin View Post
    Maybe. Maybe not. Recruiting is resources and how you use them. You target certain people because of need, talent, whether they would be a good fit, and also whether they will accept if offered. It is a balancing act.

    We have offered Meeker who has accepted and Nerness, who is still deciding. I might point out also that this will be a very small recruiting class. We have very few seniors. So we have to be very selective. Meeker has good size and athleticism and can also play multiple positions on the line. So there are a lot of options on the line as to where he might end up. Most likely a guard, IMO. And that versatility is a good thing.
    Nelson from Waukee also was offered after camp.

    What people are forgetting is our staff turnover was about 75% after the season. Replacing that many coaches means recruiting the upcoming class will take more time as the new coaches have to start from scratch.



  15. #15
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 58,157, Level: 74
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 393
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,934
    Points
    58,157
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 359
    Given: 400

    Re: RECRUITING: Top in-state prospect commits to Cyclones

    Quote Originally Posted by rholtgraves View Post
    Burrow committed to Ohio State
    Darn, hadn't heard that. Obviously he impressed the big boys too.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBA
  • Football Season Opener vs. UNI
  • September 3, 2016
  • 07:00 PM