Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 266
  1. #16
    Legend
    Points: 184,446, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    State43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    11,183
    Points
    184,446
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 340
    Given: 274

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 4 - Thread Attempt #2

    I got a bad feeling regarding the hound also. I think it would be a shame but not unexpected. Unless they plan a full redemption of his character, his future plot line is pretty much insignificant.
    I think Robin is a dead man walking but PB would have to be a fool to kill him soon as that would cause obvious hostility between him and the Vale.
    Where is Stanis headed? The last detail they mentioned was Davos reading the message from the wall and Millasandra telling them the war of kings was insignificant in comparison. Any chance he heads north?
    Boltons heading for winterfell. I hope they get their houses treatment In return.
    What will be the response from the Martells if any?
    And Tyrion... I dont thing GRRM has the balls to mill him off just yet. Something is going to happen to spare him but no idea what.
    And Jorah, the more I thought about it, the more his banishment is justified. Danny might blame him for the death of drago and her baby. We know his feelings but she may wonder with all the constant betrayal going on, who is to say he isn't planning something long term.
    So many good storylines.



  2. #17
    Addict
    Points: 206,711, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 62.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Bret44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Hampton, IA
    Posts
    9,443
    Points
    206,711
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,509
    Given: 1,455

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 4 - Thread Attempt #2



    When Kids see the Hilton Atmosphere and our style of play, the get really interested in Iowa State
    - Fred Hoiberg

  3. #18
    Addict
    Points: 189,119, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Clark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ottumwa
    Posts
    9,908
    Points
    189,119
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 791
    Given: 96

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 4 - Thread Attempt #2

    Quote Originally Posted by State43 View Post
    I got a bad feeling regarding the hound also. I think it would be a shame but not unexpected. Unless they plan a full redemption of his character, his future plot line is pretty much insignificant.
    I think Robin is a dead man walking but PB would have to be a fool to kill him soon as that would cause obvious hostility between him and the Vale.
    Where is Stanis headed? The last detail they mentioned was Davos reading the message from the wall and Millasandra telling them the war of kings was insignificant in comparison. Any chance he heads north?
    Boltons heading for winterfell. I hope they get their houses treatment In return.
    What will be the response from the Martells if any?
    And Tyrion... I dont thing GRRM has the balls to mill him off just yet. Something is going to happen to spare him but no idea what.
    And Jorah, the more I thought about it, the more his banishment is justified. Danny might blame him for the death of drago and her baby. We know his feelings but she may wonder with all the constant betrayal going on, who is to say he isn't planning something long term.
    So many good storylines.
    My assumption was the only reason he wasn't already headed that way was because he didn't have much of an army to send. Now that he has the iron banks money to buy troops I would assume that's where they are headed but this show has a way of destroying assumptions



  4. #19
    All-Star
    Points: 37,310, Level: 59
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 540
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    helechopper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,894
    Points
    37,310
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 91
    Given: 99

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 4 - Thread Attempt #2

    Agree. I think the bite does the Hound in. I actually think his fate was sealed when the Red Viper killed his big brother before he could himself, terminating that potential brother vs. brother confrontation. To take it further, remember when the Hound mercy killed that guy from the village a few episodes back? I think Arya will mercy kill the Hound. If that happens I'm going to cry, but I think that's how the show sets up. The bite is going to linger until he's just too weak to go on. After that, I see Arya free to head to Brovos and make good on that coin.



  5. #20
    Addict
    Points: 206,711, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 62.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Bret44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Hampton, IA
    Posts
    9,443
    Points
    206,711
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,509
    Given: 1,455

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 4 - Thread Attempt #2

    You guys are so cute with your guess and your theories.

    Valar Morghulis.


    When Kids see the Hilton Atmosphere and our style of play, the get really interested in Iowa State
    - Fred Hoiberg

  6. #21
    Recruit
    Points: 2,560, Level: 14
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 190
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registered

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    76
    Points
    2,560
    Level
    14
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 1

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 4 - Thread Attempt #2

    Who is this Theon character? You mean Reek?



  7. #22
    Legend
    Points: 167,702, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    The_Architect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Focus Town
    Posts
    11,754
    Points
    167,702
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 404
    Given: 1,688

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 4 - Thread Attempt #2

    Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    I have trouble with Theon because he's just SUCH a turd, even before he betrayed all of the Starks. If he would have found Bran and Rickon, I think he would have indeed killed them to make daddy proud - and that keeps me from really liking him. It's just like I never really liked Catelyn all that much, because I felt like she made her own bed by first not staying with her kids rather than running off for revenge, and secondly by not just letting Tyrion do his thing at the inn but instead making a huge deal.



    I sort of liked when that disgusting prostitute got impaled in this last episode.

    I'm curious to see where the show goes with Jorah.
    I hated Catlyn because of how she treated Jon Snow. As if it's his fault that Ned cheated on her.


    While on live TV, Ford used a vulgar term to describe a private part of the female anatomy, adding that he was “happily married” and “got more than enough to eat at home.”

  8. #23
    Legend
    Points: 167,702, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    The_Architect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Focus Town
    Posts
    11,754
    Points
    167,702
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 404
    Given: 1,688

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 4 - Thread Attempt #2

    Quote Originally Posted by helechopper View Post
    Agree. I think the bite does the Hound in. I actually think his fate was sealed when the Red Viper killed his big brother before he could himself, terminating that potential brother vs. brother confrontation. To take it further, remember when the Hound mercy killed that guy from the village a few episodes back? I think Arya will mercy kill the Hound. If that happens I'm going to cry, but I think that's how the show sets up. The bite is going to linger until he's just too weak to go on. After that, I see Arya free to head to Brovos and make good on that coin.
    Oh, good thoughts on Arya and the Hound. She did say a few weeks back she was going to stab him through the eye.


    While on live TV, Ford used a vulgar term to describe a private part of the female anatomy, adding that he was “happily married” and “got more than enough to eat at home.”

  9. #24
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 51,907, Level: 70
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 643
    Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,782
    Points
    51,907
    Level
    70
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 504
    Given: 2,229

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 4 - Thread Attempt #2

    I have no sympathy for Theon. When he couldn't kill Bran and Rickon, he killed two other kids. His treatment of women is horrendous, even for the GoT universe.



  10. #25
    Pro
    Points: 46,250, Level: 66
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 700
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Daserop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Bebop
    Posts
    3,146
    Points
    46,250
    Level
    66
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 259
    Given: 432

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 4 - Thread Attempt #2

    Being the creator of the first Game of Thrones Season 4 thread, this thread makes me sad. However, it was necessary.


    Jet Black (Cowboy Bebop): Man always thinks about the past before he dies, as if he were frantically searching for proof that he truly lived.

  11. #26
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 61,668, Level: 77
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,582
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    BoxsterCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Golden Valley, MN
    Posts
    4,097
    Points
    61,668
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 636
    Given: 559

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 4 - Thread Attempt #2

    Quote Originally Posted by Daserop View Post
    Being the creator of the first Game of Thrones Season 4 thread, this thread makes me sad. However, it was necessary.
    The thread is dead, long live the thread!



  12. #27
    Pro
    Points: 57,405, Level: 74
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 1,145
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,144
    Points
    57,405
    Level
    74
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 53

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 4 - Thread Attempt #2

    Quote Originally Posted by Bret44 View Post
    You guys are so cute with your guess and your theories.

    Valar Morghulis.
    This sounds kinda dooshy.



  13. #28
    Addict
    Points: 82,918, Level: 89
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 832
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ripvdub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sk-Ankeny
    Posts
    6,864
    Points
    82,918
    Level
    89
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 68
    Given: 212

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 4 - Thread Attempt #2

    Quote Originally Posted by mapnerd View Post
    This sounds kinda dooshy.
    I thought so to, but googled this.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valar_Morghulis


    #BEATIOWA

  14. #29
    Addict
    Points: 59,695, Level: 75
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 355
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    simply1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Salt Lake City
    Posts
    5,597
    Points
    59,695
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 70
    Given: 7

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 4 - Thread Attempt #2

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUME View Post
    Also, I think the men at the wall are going to be killed and cooked, because one of them said something to the effect of making sure the last man burns the bodies.
    I thought they also said in that it's so they don't come back.


    I don't do signatures. Blondes, brunettes, and red heads are a different story.

  15. #30
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 53,270, Level: 71
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 780
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,842
    Points
    53,270
    Level
    71
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 163
    Given: 299

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 4 - Thread Attempt #2

    Quote Originally Posted by BoxsterCy View Post
    My predictions for the last two episodes are:
    1. Some bad people will die.
    2. Some not as bad people will die.
    3. Some people that are not really bad at all will die.
    4. Some gratuitous nudity in episode 10 but none in episode 9.
    5. No dragons (yet).
    6. Hodor!
    7. More simply awesome acting across the board by this cast.
    Now you just went and ruined it for me.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Fox Sports Net
  • BASKETBALL: Iowa State vs. Alabama
  • November 24, 2014
  • 08:30 PM