Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 80,715, Level: 88
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,235
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    RyCy04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    2,327
    Points
    80,715
    Level
    88
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 109
    Given: 12

    Ant-Man Loses Edgar Wright

    http://time.com/112453/edgar-wright-marvel-ant-man/

    This bums me out. The guy has been involved with this this movie since 2006. I am a big fan of the Cornetto trilogy and Scott Pilgrim. That really sucks that something Wright has been passionate about for nearly a decade is all for naught.

    Rumors are that Marvel was completely behind Wright but Disney wanted ****** changes. It makes me think that we are going to start to see Marvel movies start heading south if Disney is tinkering with the formula. Same thing possible for Star Wars?



  2. #2
    Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Points: 597,003, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 70.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Mr Janny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    21,943
    Points
    597,003
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,013
    Given: 85

    Re: Ant-Man Loses Edgar Wright

    He's a super talented filmmaker. I really like his camera work. Example:



    "What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

    "Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

    "Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

  3. #3
    Legend
    Points: 385,722, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    bos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    23,593
    Points
    385,722
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 412
    Given: 284

    Re: Ant-Man Loses Edgar Wright

    Im not worried about Disney/Marvel. Its a bummer hes out, but I dont think Disney is going to tank one of its hottest products right now.



  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 30,107, Level: 53
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 743
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    JohnnyFive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,200
    Points
    30,107
    Level
    53
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 128
    Given: 91

    Re: Ant-Man Loses Edgar Wright

    Maybe now Hollywood can lose Ant-Man because we don't need another fringe superhero franchise. The market is more than saturated the way it is now. I mean no offense to any fans of the franchise, I'm just a little tired of every third movie ad I see being comic book related.



  5. #5
    Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Points: 597,003, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 70.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Mr Janny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    21,943
    Points
    597,003
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,013
    Given: 85

    Re: Ant-Man Loses Edgar Wright

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyFive View Post
    Maybe now Hollywood can lose Ant-Man because we don't need another fringe superhero franchise. The market is more than saturated the way it is now. I mean no offense to any fans of the franchise, I'm just a little tired of every third movie ad I see being comic book related.
    absolutely agree. The superhero thing is so strange, to me. Yes, there are a few good films in the genre, but my god, does Hollywood churn out a lot of crappy ones.


    "What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

    "Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

    "Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 81,641, Level: 88
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 309
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ripvdub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sk-Ankeny
    Posts
    6,745
    Points
    81,641
    Level
    88
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 115

    Re: Ant-Man Loses Edgar Wright

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyFive View Post
    Maybe now Hollywood can lose Ant-Man because we don't need another fringe superhero franchise. The market is more than saturated the way it is now. I mean no offense to any fans of the franchise, I'm just a little tired of every third movie ad I see being comic book related.
    The reason they are soooo annoying is because they are always the same Xmen, Spider-Man, iron man movies. At least they are trying new characters.


    #BEATIOWA

  7. #7
    Legend
    Points: 385,722, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    bos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    23,593
    Points
    385,722
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 412
    Given: 284

    Re: Ant-Man Loses Edgar Wright

    An Ant-Man series might be more fringe, but the tie in to Avengers is their ultimate goal. Although the Ultron/Hank Pim relation isnt happening unfortunately. Bad timing.



  8. #8
    All-Star
    Points: 43,691, Level: 64
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 559
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,807
    Points
    43,691
    Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 13

    Re: Ant-Man Loses Edgar Wright

    I've heard he was completely behind schedule. I've heard he was too tied to his ****** from 2006 and Marvel's MCU has changed a bunch since then and he wouldn't allow changes. At any rate, its a bummer but I love Marvel's MCU movies so my excitement hasn't died down any.



  9. #9
    Starter
    Points: 17,034, Level: 39
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 216
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered10000 Experience Points
    roundball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    861
    Points
    17,034
    Level
    39
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 430
    Given: 147

    Re: Ant-Man Loses Edgar Wright

    Quote Originally Posted by ripvdub View Post
    The reason they are soooo annoying is because they are always the same Xmen, Spider-Man, iron man movies. At least they are trying new characters.
    That doesn't really change the premise, though. A superhero is a superhero whether it's an ant or a wolverine or a spider or whatever. It's all the same crap, only the costumes are different.

    They do beat the franchises to death with sequels, though, but that's becoming true for a lot of movies. I don't think it's a stretch to say that a majority of movies from the past few years are either sequels or remakes.



  10. #10
    Legend
    Points: 206,633, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    MNCyGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    10,454
    Points
    206,633
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 361
    Given: 232

    Re: Ant-Man Loses Edgar Wright

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Janny View Post
    absolutely agree. The superhero thing is so strange, to me. Yes, there are a few good films in the genre, but my god, does Hollywood churn out a lot of crappy ones.
    And this is different than the 80's/90's muscle-bound action star movies or Westerns that came before? I suppose you could say the tie-in to existing character properties, but that's about the only difference between the superhero genre and any other dominant genre of big dumb action movies that came before it. It's not like removing superheroes would clear up the path for a bunch of smart new movies to hit your local multi-plex; that hole would just get filled in with more Fast and Furious or Godzilla type movies.

    And really, it is not the fringe movies that are burning out the genre, it's the cash-cow big-name characters that studios can't let go or give a rest. If Ant-man comes out and the reviews suck, it will just quietly die and go away. Maybe you'll get a couple think pieces with titles like "Are Super-heroes Done at the Box Office?". It's the endless reboots, re-starts and stretching out of Batman, Superman, Spider-man, and X-men that really wear thin.



  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 192,554, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Bret44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Hampton, IA
    Posts
    8,257
    Points
    192,554
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,060
    Given: 615

    Re: Ant-Man Loses Edgar Wright

    Quote Originally Posted by roundball View Post
    That doesn't really change the premise, though. A superhero is a superhero whether it's an ant or a wolverine or a spider or whatever. It's all the same crap, only the costumes are different.

    They do beat the franchises to death with sequels, though, but that's becoming true for a lot of movies. I don't think it's a stretch to say that a majority of movies from the past few years are either sequels or remakes.
    You are telling me you aren't beating down the theater doors to watch Fast and Furious 7?


    “They're very, very hard to guard,” Notre Dame head coach Mike Brey said. “They're really good. And with Niang in the middle kind of wheeling and all those guys spreading you out, they're kind of a nightmare matchup. And they're men. They're really men.”


  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 61,324, Level: 76
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 326
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    PabloDiablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    2,658
    Points
    61,324
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 117
    Given: 126

    Re: Ant-Man Loses Edgar Wright

    Quote Originally Posted by MNCyGuy View Post
    And this is different than the 80's/90's muscle-bound action star movies or Westerns that came before? I suppose you could say the tie-in to existing character properties, but that's about the only difference between the superhero genre and any other dominant genre of big dumb action movies that came before it. It's not like removing superheroes would clear up the path for a bunch of smart new movies to hit your local multi-plex; that hole would just get filled in with more Fast and Furious or Godzilla type movies.

    And really, it is not the fringe movies that are burning out the genre, it's the cash-cow big-name characters that studios can't let go or give a rest. If Ant-man comes out and the reviews suck, it will just quietly die and go away. Maybe you'll get a couple think pieces with titles like "Are Super-heroes Done at the Box Office?". It's the endless reboots, re-starts and stretching out of Batman, Superman, Spider-man, and X-men that really wear thin.
    Like this:
    http://grantland.com/features/comic-...man-dc-comics/



  13. #13
    Legend
    Points: 206,633, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    MNCyGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    10,454
    Points
    206,633
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 361
    Given: 232

    Re: Ant-Man Loses Edgar Wright

    Quote Originally Posted by PabloDiablo View Post
    Yea, that's pretty much exactly what I was thinking of.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM