Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 201
  1. #76
    Legend
    Points: 206,565, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CyFan61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    11,410
    Points
    206,565
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,074
    Given: 782

    Re: Iowa State vs South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    That Gonzaga series would have been excellent, especially at the Sprint Center or Century Link Arena.
    I didn't like it in South Dakota, but having it in Omaha would have been fantastic. A series in Omaha/Seattle or Omaha/Portland would have been solid.



  2. #77
    Speechless
    Points: 913,805, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    61,215
    Points
    913,805
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,673
    Given: 4,735

    Re: Iowa State vs South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by CyFan61 View Post
    I didn't like it in South Dakota, but having it in Omaha would have been fantastic. A series in Omaha/Seattle or Omaha/Portland would have been solid.

    I would have driven to Omaha for that game in a heartbeat.


    Kansas Must Be Destroyed

    Sic Semper Jayhawks




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  3. #78
    Pro
    Points: 26,609, Level: 50
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 941
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    WastedTalent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,565
    Points
    26,609
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 869
    Given: 4

    Re: Iowa State vs South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    I would have driven to Omaha for that game in a heartbeat.
    Even Twocoach would have showed up to watch the game in Omaha. Just like many KU fans, he's a closet Hoiberg fan.



  4. #79
    All-Star
    Points: 32,117, Level: 55
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 933
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    F5cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    1,369
    Points
    32,117
    Level
    55
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 270
    Given: 118

    Re: Iowa State vs South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by WastedTalent View Post
    Even Twocoach would have showed up to watch the game in Omaha. Just like many KU fans, he's a closet Hoiberg fan.
    I don't think many KU fans are closet Hoiberg fans, I think they are out in support of him except for when they play ISU.

    And the venue vs. USC is much better than the ones we could have had vs. Gonzaga. I want to play in the NE and around NYC as much as possible. Great exposure for the program and our players/recruits



  5. #80
    Speechless
    Points: 913,805, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    61,215
    Points
    913,805
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,673
    Given: 4,735

    Re: Iowa State vs South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by F5cy View Post
    I don't think many KU fans are closet Hoiberg fans, I think they are out in support of him except for when they play ISU.

    And the venue vs. USC is much better than the ones we could have had vs. Gonzaga. I want to play in the NE and around NYC as much as possible. Great exposure for the program and our players/recruits
    Is it exposure if they don't go to the game?
    Serious question. Who out there is buying tickets for Iowa State-South Carolina in Brooklyn?


    Kansas Must Be Destroyed

    Sic Semper Jayhawks




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  6. #81
    Speechless
    Points: 316,215, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialOverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Cy$'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    15,658
    Points
    316,215
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,692
    Given: 2,100

    Re: Iowa State vs South Carolina

    Obviously Jay-Z wants Hoiberg to dance in his new music video.


    In all seriousness, this makes sense if there was a 4 team tournament with a guarantee of 2 games....


    Cy$ Post of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by BKLYNCyclone View Post
    Damn you embarrassing work thread... Just wet farted outside while on my way back to the office after lunch... Not sure of the damage yet, not really into asking random people on the sidewalk of they can tell if I crapped myself.

  7. #82
    Starter
    Points: 13,535, Level: 35
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 515
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    795
    Points
    13,535
    Level
    35
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 157
    Given: 25

    Re: Iowa State vs South Carolina

    Two coach,

    Outside of Florida and Kentucky who are you guaranteed to play in the non-conference that actually participated in the NCAA Tournament last year? I think the answer is zero based on the KU schedule release.

    KU's schedule is better than ours but it is tremendously watered down from last year. Temple, Georgetown and UNLV are nice name opponents but they were all terrible last year. In fact South Carolina was much better than Temple.


    Last edited by rochclone; 05-16-2014 at 07:20 PM.

  8. #83
    Addict
    Points: 150,430, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CrossCyed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    9,448
    Points
    150,430
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 1

    Re: Iowa State vs South Carolina

    Isn't it Georgia State instead of Georgia Southern?



  9. #84
    All-Star
    Points: 32,117, Level: 55
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 933
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    F5cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    1,369
    Points
    32,117
    Level
    55
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 270
    Given: 118

    Re: Iowa State vs South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    Is it exposure if they don't go to the game?
    Serious question. Who out there is buying tickets for Iowa State-South Carolina in Brooklyn?

    NY media and access to Nets organization and arena vs the Corn Palace and Mitchell South Dakota Daily Republic



  10. #85
    Speechless
    Points: 913,805, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    61,215
    Points
    913,805
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,673
    Given: 4,735

    Re: Iowa State vs South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by F5cy View Post
    NY media and access to Nets organization and arena vs the Corn Palace and Mitchell South Dakota Daily Republic
    How much time will the NY media spend on a game locals won't care about?


    Kansas Must Be Destroyed

    Sic Semper Jayhawks




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  11. #86
    Rookie
    Points: 8,935, Level: 28
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 415
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    440
    Points
    8,935
    Level
    28
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 57
    Given: 0

    Re: Iowa State vs South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    Is it exposure if they don't go to the game?
    Serious question. Who out there is buying tickets for Iowa State-South Carolina in Brooklyn?
    I sure as heck am.



  12. #87
    Rookie
    Points: 3,501, Level: 17
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 349
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    andymhallman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Fairfield, Iowa
    Posts
    352
    Points
    3,501
    Level
    17
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 122

    Re: Iowa State vs South Carolina

    I'm sort of with twocoach here, wondering if Iowa State will play a good team in its non-conference schedule. Iowa should be a tough game, but it will be hard to get excited for the others. It's more fun to play a good team that you could beat but probably won't than to roll over a team you should beat. Honestly, I would rather see ISU play at Michigan State or at Florida, where they'd be a heavy underdog, than to watch them throttle UMKC. Am I alone?



  13. #88
    Rookie
    Points: 3,501, Level: 17
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 349
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    andymhallman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Fairfield, Iowa
    Posts
    352
    Points
    3,501
    Level
    17
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 122

    Re: Iowa State vs South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by rochclone View Post
    Two coach,

    Outside of Florida and Kentucky who are you guaranteed to play in the non-conference that actually participated in the NCAA Tournament last year? I think the answer is zero based on the KU schedule release.

    KU's schedule is better than ours but it is tremendously watered down from last year. Temple, Georgetown and UNLV are nice name opponents but they were all terrible last year. In fact South Carolina was much better than Temple.
    Well, KU's schedule was the toughest in the country. What do you want from them? To play all of their games on the road?



  14. #89
    All-Star
    Points: 32,117, Level: 55
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 933
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    F5cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    1,369
    Points
    32,117
    Level
    55
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 270
    Given: 118

    Re: Iowa State vs South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    How much time will the NY media spend on a game locals won't care about?
    More than they would if we played in South Dakota?

    Here's a flyer for last year's matchups at the Barclays Center:

    http://barclayscenter.s3.amazonaws.c...13-updated.pdf



  15. #90
    Speechless
    Points: 913,805, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    61,215
    Points
    913,805
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,673
    Given: 4,735

    Re: Iowa State vs South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by F5cy View Post
    More than they would if we played in South Dakota?

    Here's a flyer for last year's matchups at the Barclays Center:

    http://barclayscenter.s3.amazonaws.c...13-updated.pdf

    Legitimate question: Is it more? I'm curious what reason NY media would have to cover this game. It's the sort of thing we throw out as a positive. I'm wondering if there's actually any merit to it, because I don't see why NY media will spend a moment on ISU-South Carolina.


    Kansas Must Be Destroyed

    Sic Semper Jayhawks




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.TV
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • September 5, 2015
  • 07:00 PM