Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 201
  1. #76
    Addict
    Points: 166,601, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 86.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CyFan61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Southeast
    Posts
    8,919
    Points
    166,601
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,286
    Given: 352

    Re: Iowa State vs South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    That Gonzaga series would have been excellent, especially at the Sprint Center or Century Link Arena.
    I didn't like it in South Dakota, but having it in Omaha would have been fantastic. A series in Omaha/Seattle or Omaha/Portland would have been solid.



  2. #77
    Speechless
    Points: 876,898, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    57,226
    Points
    876,898
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,642
    Given: 2,136

    Re: Iowa State vs South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by CyFan61 View Post
    I didn't like it in South Dakota, but having it in Omaha would have been fantastic. A series in Omaha/Seattle or Omaha/Portland would have been solid.

    I would have driven to Omaha for that game in a heartbeat.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  3. #78
    All-Star
    Points: 15,709, Level: 38
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 741
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    WastedTalent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,300
    Points
    15,709
    Level
    38
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 169
    Given: 0

    Re: Iowa State vs South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    I would have driven to Omaha for that game in a heartbeat.
    Even Twocoach would have showed up to watch the game in Omaha. Just like many KU fans, he's a closet Hoiberg fan.



  4. #79
    All-Star
    Points: 25,715, Level: 49
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 835
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    F5cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    1,178
    Points
    25,715
    Level
    49
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 154
    Given: 73

    Re: Iowa State vs South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by WastedTalent View Post
    Even Twocoach would have showed up to watch the game in Omaha. Just like many KU fans, he's a closet Hoiberg fan.
    I don't think many KU fans are closet Hoiberg fans, I think they are out in support of him except for when they play ISU.

    And the venue vs. USC is much better than the ones we could have had vs. Gonzaga. I want to play in the NE and around NYC as much as possible. Great exposure for the program and our players/recruits



  5. #80
    Speechless
    Points: 876,898, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    57,226
    Points
    876,898
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,642
    Given: 2,136

    Re: Iowa State vs South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by F5cy View Post
    I don't think many KU fans are closet Hoiberg fans, I think they are out in support of him except for when they play ISU.

    And the venue vs. USC is much better than the ones we could have had vs. Gonzaga. I want to play in the NE and around NYC as much as possible. Great exposure for the program and our players/recruits
    Is it exposure if they don't go to the game?
    Serious question. Who out there is buying tickets for Iowa State-South Carolina in Brooklyn?


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  6. #81
    Legend
    Points: 274,565, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialOverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Cy$'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    14,072
    Points
    274,565
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 593
    Given: 999

    Re: Iowa State vs South Carolina

    Obviously Jay-Z wants Hoiberg to dance in his new music video.


    In all seriousness, this makes sense if there was a 4 team tournament with a guarantee of 2 games....


    Category 3 Boat Shoes Campus Rep
    PM for Discounts / Promo Codes


    Talk to ISUCubsWin for Category 4
    Talk to BU4ISU for Category 5
    Talk to mjacobs for Category XXX

  7. #82
    Rookie
    Points: 11,873, Level: 32
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 77
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    587
    Points
    11,873
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 3

    Re: Iowa State vs South Carolina

    Two coach,

    Outside of Florida and Kentucky who are you guaranteed to play in the non-conference that actually participated in the NCAA Tournament last year? I think the answer is zero based on the KU schedule release.

    KU's schedule is better than ours but it is tremendously watered down from last year. Temple, Georgetown and UNLV are nice name opponents but they were all terrible last year. In fact South Carolina was much better than Temple.


    Last edited by rochclone; 05-16-2014 at 08:20 PM.

  8. #83
    Addict
    Points: 143,761, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CrossCyed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    9,385
    Points
    143,761
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 0

    Re: Iowa State vs South Carolina

    Isn't it Georgia State instead of Georgia Southern?



  9. #84
    All-Star
    Points: 25,715, Level: 49
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 835
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    F5cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    1,178
    Points
    25,715
    Level
    49
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 154
    Given: 73

    Re: Iowa State vs South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    Is it exposure if they don't go to the game?
    Serious question. Who out there is buying tickets for Iowa State-South Carolina in Brooklyn?

    NY media and access to Nets organization and arena vs the Corn Palace and Mitchell South Dakota Daily Republic



  10. #85
    Speechless
    Points: 876,898, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    57,226
    Points
    876,898
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,642
    Given: 2,136

    Re: Iowa State vs South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by F5cy View Post
    NY media and access to Nets organization and arena vs the Corn Palace and Mitchell South Dakota Daily Republic
    How much time will the NY media spend on a game locals won't care about?


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  11. #86
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 5,498, Level: 21
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    276
    Points
    5,498
    Level
    21
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 0

    Re: Iowa State vs South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    Is it exposure if they don't go to the game?
    Serious question. Who out there is buying tickets for Iowa State-South Carolina in Brooklyn?
    I sure as heck am.



  12. #87
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 2,658, Level: 14
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 92
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    andymhallman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Fairfield, Iowa
    Posts
    235
    Points
    2,658
    Level
    14
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 64

    Re: Iowa State vs South Carolina

    I'm sort of with twocoach here, wondering if Iowa State will play a good team in its non-conference schedule. Iowa should be a tough game, but it will be hard to get excited for the others. It's more fun to play a good team that you could beat but probably won't than to roll over a team you should beat. Honestly, I would rather see ISU play at Michigan State or at Florida, where they'd be a heavy underdog, than to watch them throttle UMKC. Am I alone?



  13. #88
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 2,658, Level: 14
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 92
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    andymhallman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Fairfield, Iowa
    Posts
    235
    Points
    2,658
    Level
    14
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 64

    Re: Iowa State vs South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by rochclone View Post
    Two coach,

    Outside of Florida and Kentucky who are you guaranteed to play in the non-conference that actually participated in the NCAA Tournament last year? I think the answer is zero based on the KU schedule release.

    KU's schedule is better than ours but it is tremendously watered down from last year. Temple, Georgetown and UNLV are nice name opponents but they were all terrible last year. In fact South Carolina was much better than Temple.
    Well, KU's schedule was the toughest in the country. What do you want from them? To play all of their games on the road?



  14. #89
    All-Star
    Points: 25,715, Level: 49
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 835
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    F5cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    1,178
    Points
    25,715
    Level
    49
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 154
    Given: 73

    Re: Iowa State vs South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    How much time will the NY media spend on a game locals won't care about?
    More than they would if we played in South Dakota?

    Here's a flyer for last year's matchups at the Barclays Center:

    http://barclayscenter.s3.amazonaws.c...13-updated.pdf



  15. #90
    Speechless
    Points: 876,898, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    57,226
    Points
    876,898
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,642
    Given: 2,136

    Re: Iowa State vs South Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by F5cy View Post
    More than they would if we played in South Dakota?

    Here's a flyer for last year's matchups at the Barclays Center:

    http://barclayscenter.s3.amazonaws.c...13-updated.pdf

    Legitimate question: Is it more? I'm curious what reason NY media would have to cover this game. It's the sort of thing we throw out as a positive. I'm wondering if there's actually any merit to it, because I don't see why NY media will spend a moment on ISU-South Carolina.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FS1
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. West Virginia
  • November 29, 2014
  • 11:00 AM