Best "made for game" t-shirts....
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Rookie
    Points: 12,135, Level: 33
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 515
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Cymaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    484
    Points
    12,135
    Level
    33
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

    Best "made for game" t-shirts....

    I'd like to see what kind of t-shirts have been out there through the years that were made for specific games. Or not specific games, doesn't really matter.

    I'll start it off with the ones my friend made up and we wore in Iowa City for the game this past weekend:

    Front: CLONES
    Back: Less Filling
    Tate's Gay
    (Miller Lite logo here)


    On a side note, I had a great time in Iowa City, and had no problems whatsoever. A lot of Hawk fans even laughed at our shirts. Although I was surrounded by Hawk fans in the stadium (all by my lonesome), they were all great, and I was even able to talk intelligent football with some of them.



  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 83,148, Level: 89
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 602
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ripvdub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sk-Ankeny
    Posts
    6,902
    Points
    83,148
    Level
    89
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 74
    Given: 238

    Re: Best "made for game" t-shirts....

    I made this shirt for last years Iowa/ISU game. I actually sold a handful of em. I wear it all the time.
    This is the back, On the front left chest it has a smaller picture of this and it reads "I'd rather DIE... than be a Hwkeye!



    #BEATIOWA

  3. #3
    All-Star
    Points: 20,357, Level: 43
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 393
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    flander1649's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    1,605
    Points
    20,357
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 30

    Re: Best "made for game" t-shirts....

    My friend had on a shirt that had the picture of Tate slowing walking off the field after he got knocked out last year and below it it said "Failure" in big letters and "When your best just isn't good enough" in smaller letters. He had so many durty looks and I had on one in KC since I couldn't go to the game. Iowa fans hated it the best part is my roommate who help me make them is an Iowa fan.



  4. #4
    All-Star Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    amyk33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,145
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Best "made for game" t-shirts....

    I'm going to have to say that I find this tasteless and unecessary. Wear your cardinal and gold all day long, but there is no need to have the hate.



  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 20,442, Level: 43
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 308
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    cyclonekj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,170
    Points
    20,442
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 6

    Re: Best "made for game" t-shirts....

    Quote Originally Posted by amyk33 View Post
    I'm going to have to say that I find this tasteless and unecessary. Wear your cardinal and gold all day long, but there is no need to have the hate.
    Right on.


    Yeah well, ya know, that's just, like uh, your opinion, man.

  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 408,043, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    61,088
    Points
    408,043
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 878
    Given: 610

    Re: Best "made for game" t-shirts....

    Yeah, heaven forbid we could sink as low as HWKI fans.

    Let's wear Cardinal Rules shirts instead.


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 136,735, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    herbicide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    8,639
    Points
    136,735
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Best "made for game" t-shirts....

    Back in '96, my frosh year I had a shirt that said;

    "Ames IA, A drinking town with a football problem"

    That one still is my favorite, I lost it long ago and would love to have another one.



  8. #8
    Walk On Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    139
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Best "made for game" t-shirts....

    Quote Originally Posted by ripvdub View Post
    I made this shirt for last years Iowa/ISU game. I actually sold a handful of em. I wear it all the time.
    This is the back, On the front left chest it has a smaller picture of this and it reads "I'd rather DIE... than be a Hwkeye!

    I would buy one of those for sure.


    The Portland, Oregon cyclone fan
    Class of 91

    If life isn't fun, your doing it wrong.

  9. #9
    Recruit
    Points: 6,678, Level: 24
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 372
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    76
    Points
    6,678
    Level
    24
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Best "made for game" t-shirts....

    This is a t-shirt my buddies and I had made for our slowpitch softball team this last spring. About 10 of us wore them proudly around Iowa City this last weekend and to the game. We have a pic of Cy shoving a football up Herky's @$$ we plan on having made sometime hopefully soon.



  10. #10
    All-Star Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    amyk33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,145
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Best "made for game" t-shirts....

    Quote Originally Posted by jose View Post
    This is a t-shirt my buddies and I had made for our slowpitch softball team this last spring. About 10 of us wore them proudly around Iowa City this last weekend and to the game. We have a pic of Cy shoving a football up Herky's @$$ we plan on having made sometime hopefully soon.
    you tacky, tacky fools. iowa state fans should be better than this. i find it funny i get harassed in iowa city wearing my cardinal and gold, yet people wear truly offensive crap like this and think it's funny. sad.



  11. #11
    All-Star
    Points: 51,393, Level: 70
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,157
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    dbronco7sc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Brookings, SD
    Posts
    1,927
    Points
    51,393
    Level
    70
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 6

    Re: Best "made for game" t-shirts....

    I thought it would be fun to have a picture with Cy layin down on a couch and above him are all of the other big 12 mascot heads mounted on the wall. Then on the back it would have the big 12 mascots standing there sticking their head through the wall corresponding to where their head was mounted on the front side.



  12. #12
    All-Star Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    amyk33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,145
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Best "made for game" t-shirts....

    Quote Originally Posted by dbronco7sc View Post
    I thought it would be fun to have a picture with Cy layin down on a couch and above him are all of the other big 12 mascot heads mounted on the wall. Then on the back it would have the big 12 mascots standing there sticking their head through the wall corresponding to where their head was mounted on the front side.
    now, that...is FUNNY! creative, yet not insulting.



  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 83,148, Level: 89
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 602
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ripvdub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sk-Ankeny
    Posts
    6,902
    Points
    83,148
    Level
    89
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 74
    Given: 238

    Re: Best "made for game" t-shirts....

    Quote Originally Posted by amyk33 View Post
    you tacky, tacky fools. iowa state fans should be better than this. i find it funny i get harassed in iowa city wearing my cardinal and gold, yet people wear truly offensive crap like this and think it's funny. sad.

    NEWSFLASH AMY!!! Thats what guys do. We like it. We think it funny. Not everything has to be offensive, but if done right it is quite hilarious, especially if its about Iowa. Maybe one day you'll find a man as sophitomicated as you, but in Urbandale they are most likely IT tech that live with their mothers. Even their moms like the occasional jab at the opponent. Sorry, but its what we do.


    #BEATIOWA

  14. #14
    Starter Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    monkeybrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    882
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Best "made for game" t-shirts....

    Quote Originally Posted by ripvdub View Post
    NEWSFLASH AMY!!! Thats what guys do. We like it. We think it funny. Not everything has to be offensive, but if done right it is quite hilarious, especially if its about Iowa. Maybe one day you'll find a man as sophitomicated as you, but in Urbandale they are most likely IT tech that live with their mothers. Even their moms like the occasional jab at the opponent. Sorry, but its what we do.

    wow...you are chomping at the bit tonight are we not? I have no problems with T-shirts that are funny....however...there are numerous ones that are simply not hilarious and are quite the embarrassment. You are wrong...it's not what all guys do mate...I do live near Urbandale....but left my mum back home...and I have most difficulty with my dell...
    Is your mum available next saturday?



  15. #15
    Speechless
    Points: 343,512, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Grimes, IA
    Posts
    32,617
    Points
    343,512
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 568
    Given: 357

    Re: Best "made for game" t-shirts....

    Quote Originally Posted by ripvdub View Post
    NEWSFLASH AMY!!! Thats what guys do. We like it. We think it funny. Not everything has to be offensive, but if done right it is quite hilarious, especially if its about Iowa. Maybe one day you'll find a man as sophitomicated as you, but in Urbandale they are most likely IT tech that live with their mothers. Even their moms like the occasional jab at the opponent. Sorry, but its what we do.
    Not all guys...just the ones that lack the intelligence to find ways to "insult" the other team yet doing it in a fun, respectful manner.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.tv
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Mississippi Valley State
  • December 31, 2014
  • 06:00 PM