Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 34,398, Level: 57
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 1,052
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    BKLYNCyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Twin Cities, MN
    Posts
    1,886
    Points
    34,398
    Level
    57
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 55

    Twin Cities Advice

    Looks like we'll likely be relocating from the NE side of the cities to the SW side since my wife has been working in St. Louis Park for the last year. She teaches near the intersection of Excelsior and 100. I work from NYC, home, or out of a coworking space in st paul, but lucky for me I can also work out of the alternate coworking space in Uptown.

    We're scouring St. Louis Park (small houses/high prices) and Golden Valley, but also casually looking at Edina ($$$), Minnetonka, & Chanhassen. We have friends just off Lyndale in Minneapolis, but aren't quite willing to give up the idea of having a yard, especially for the price of those particular houses.

    Any advice/insight on the area would be much appreciated. St. Louis Park would be ideal, but it's pretty hard to find a 4 bedroom, 3 bath house with 2 car garage (I do not want to scrape my car every morning...), at least in our price range.


    "If baseball players speaking in front of Congress can be put on trial for perjury, then why shouldn't the politicians we vote for be held accountable to the same standard during their campaigns?" -Paraphrased from The Newsroom

  2. #2
    Prospect
    Points: 1,110, Level: 8
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    49
    Points
    1,110
    Level
    8
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 0

    Re: Twin Cities Advice

    What is your price range if I may ask?

    My brother just bought a short sale in the Cities. Bad time to be buying, it's definitely a seller's marker right now. Its crazy.



  3. #3
    All-Star
    Points: 34,398, Level: 57
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 1,052
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    BKLYNCyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Twin Cities, MN
    Posts
    1,886
    Points
    34,398
    Level
    57
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 55

    Re: Twin Cities Advice

    Quote Originally Posted by kickout View Post
    What is your price range if I may ask?

    My brother just bought a short sale in the Cities. Bad time to be buying, it's definitely a seller's marker right now. Its crazy.
    250-300


    "If baseball players speaking in front of Congress can be put on trial for perjury, then why shouldn't the politicians we vote for be held accountable to the same standard during their campaigns?" -Paraphrased from The Newsroom

  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 122,031, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ianoconnor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    7,414
    Points
    122,031
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 442
    Given: 945

    Re: Twin Cities Advice

    Quote Originally Posted by BKLYNCyclone View Post
    Looks like we'll likely be relocating from the NE side of the cities to the SW side since my wife has been working in St. Louis Park for the last year. She teaches near the intersection of Excelsior and 100. I work from NYC, home, or out of a coworking space in st paul, but lucky for me I can also work out of the alternate coworking space in Uptown.

    We're scouring St. Louis Park (small houses/high prices) and Golden Valley, but also casually looking at Edina ($$$), Minnetonka, & Chanhassen. We have friends just off Lyndale in Minneapolis, but aren't quite willing to give up the idea of having a yard, especially for the price of those particular houses.

    Any advice/insight on the area would be much appreciated. St. Louis Park would be ideal, but it's pretty hard to find a 4 bedroom, 3 bath house with 2 car garage (I do not want to scrape my car every morning...), at least in our price range.




  5. #5
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 3,375, Level: 16
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 75
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    329
    Points
    3,375
    Level
    16
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 138
    Given: 103

    Re: Twin Cities Advice

    I had a few groups of college friends scattered throughout Minnetonka, Edina, and St. Louis Park. Minnetonka was my favorite, but my friends lived on the lake so that's probably an unfair comparison. Edina is obviously really nice but very expensive, and you'll have to deal with everyone on here calling you a cake eater . I don't know as much about St. Louis Park, but I've seen some really nice houses there along with some pretty average houses.



  6. #6
    All-Star
    Points: 33,490, Level: 56
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 760
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    lakesbison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,073
    Points
    33,490
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 68
    Given: 43

    Re: Twin Cities Advice

    BKLYN Golden Valley 100 & 394 area off of glenwood. my brother just moved from there after 10 years to lake minnetonka.

    its close to everything its quiet and safe are (hwy 100 and 394 block out the bad neighborhood to the east :) )

    http://www.exploretwincities.com/sea...e=5&perpage=12


    Last edited by lakesbison; 05-14-2014 at 11:03 AM.
    NDSU - BACK 2 BACK 2 BACK National Football Champions! Beat Kansas ST, Kansas & Minnesota 2 times, We hate Iowa and Northern Iowa, but ISU is cool with us. cya in 2014!

  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 26,863, Level: 50
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 687
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,170
    Points
    26,863
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 66
    Given: 96

    Re: Twin Cities Advice

    Eden Prairie, Minnetonka and Edina are expensive. Hopkins is a little bit cheaper and closer to St. Louis Park.
    Try Plymouth and Golden Valley too.



  8. #8
    All-Star
    Points: 34,398, Level: 57
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 1,052
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    BKLYNCyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Twin Cities, MN
    Posts
    1,886
    Points
    34,398
    Level
    57
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 55

    Re: Twin Cities Advice

    hahah... Amazingly, we've found 3 or 4 houses in Edina that are very good values and well within our budget. Must have been a drive by there or something.


    "If baseball players speaking in front of Congress can be put on trial for perjury, then why shouldn't the politicians we vote for be held accountable to the same standard during their campaigns?" -Paraphrased from The Newsroom

  9. #9
    All-Star
    Points: 22,929, Level: 46
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 621
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    mctallerton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,494
    Points
    22,929
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 450
    Given: 424

    Re: Twin Cities Advice

    Every Day I Need Attention, going full cake I see...



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 87,862, Level: 92
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,488
    Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    mtowncyclone13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    6,984
    Points
    87,862
    Level
    92
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 850
    Given: 531

    Re: Twin Cities Advice

    How about southwest MPLS as a location? Stay away from robbinsdale and those first ring places to the north.


    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneRulzzz View Post
    mtown is among the worst to ever play this game.


  11. #11
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 61,583, Level: 76
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    BoxsterCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Golden Valley, MN
    Posts
    4,075
    Points
    61,583
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 632
    Given: 555

    Re: Twin Cities Advice

    Quote Originally Posted by lakesbison View Post
    BKLYN Golden Valley 100 & 394 area off of glenwood. my brother just moved from there after 10 years to lake minnetonka.

    its close to everything its quiet and safe are (hwy 100 and 394 block out the bad neighborhood to the east :) )

    http://www.exploretwincities.com/sea...e=5&perpage=12
    I live in this neighborhood (for last 28 years), 4000 block of Poplar Drive. South of me can get real spendy but near to my house there is still a substantial location premium, much greater than when I bought in. Probably better value if you look beyond this specific neighborhood. The general area does have great access to 394 and 100 although Hwy 100 is sort of a jammed mess between Excelsior Blvd and 394.

    Another great benefit of the general area is school options, everything from good public Hopkins district to private schools like Breck or Blake.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Fox Sports Net
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. Texas Tech
  • November 22, 2014
  • 02:30 PM