Page 40 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
Results 586 to 600 of 844
  1. #586
    Starter
    Points: 13,879, Level: 35
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    873
    Points
    13,879
    Level
    35
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 242
    Given: 57

    Re: New foreign commit - Giorgos Tsalmpouris

    Has anyone seen anything directly from the kid? I was hoping someone would be able to get a quote from him this week. Looks to me like everything is from sources.



  2. #587
    Addict
    Points: 105,477, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    acgclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    7,923
    Points
    105,477
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 902
    Given: 189

    Re: New foreign commit - Giorgos Tsalmpouris

    Let's get back to talking about weights



  3. #588
    All-Star
    Points: 42,715, Level: 63
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 235
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    jcisuclones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The Cyclone State
    Posts
    1,333
    Points
    42,715
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 572
    Given: 875

    Re: New foreign commit - Giorgos Tsalmpouris

    Just put him on Yancy McKnight's workout plan and we'll be fine


    Iowa State Manchester United Pittsburgh Steelers

    "I want to see the arena filled, and I want other teams to dread coming to Ames." -Johnny Orr

  4. #589
    Speechless
    Points: 274,658, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    17,075
    Points
    274,658
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,463
    Given: 1,229

    Re: New foreign commit - Giorgos Tsalmpouris

    Quote Originally Posted by jcisuclones View Post
    Just put him on Yancy McKnight's workout plan and we'll be fine
    We've got a fine S&C coach for hoops.



  5. #590
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 74,547, Level: 84
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 303
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    peteypie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,286
    Points
    74,547
    Level
    84
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 742
    Given: 1,062

    Re: New foreign commit - Giorgos Tsalmpouris

    Quote Originally Posted by DSMCy View Post
    Has anyone seen anything directly from the kid? I was hoping someone would be able to get a quote from him this week. Looks to me like everything is from sources.
    No but I seen Fred basically saying he was committed. Something along the lines of "I can't talk about a recent commit because he hasn't signed yet, but I can talk about a former foreign player Julius Michilk(sp?)"

    Hearing it from Fred is good enough for me. I think it is on video on the Rag somewhere.


    “I’ll put any dollar that if I get this ball again,” Long said, “It’s going in.”
    - Naz Long to Markel Brown before hitting the game tying shot.

  6. #591
    Starter
    Points: 13,879, Level: 35
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    873
    Points
    13,879
    Level
    35
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 242
    Given: 57

    Re: New foreign commit - Giorgos Tsalmpouris

    Quote Originally Posted by peteypie View Post
    No but I seen Fred basically saying he was committed. Something along the lines of "I can't talk about a recent commit because he hasn't signed yet, but I can talk about a former foreign player Julius Michilk(sp?)"

    Hearing it from Fred is good enough for me. I think it is on video on the Rag somewhere.
    That's right, I did see that video. He also alluded to a possible Cooke commitment very soon.



  7. #592
    Addict
    Points: 84,608, Level: 90
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 942
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ripvdub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sk-Ankeny
    Posts
    7,102
    Points
    84,608
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 122
    Given: 417

    Re: New foreign commit - Giorgos Tsalmpouris

    Will be hearing this soon?


    #BEATIOWA

  8. #593
    Speechless
    Points: 209,240, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    HFCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    LA LA Land
    Posts
    16,939
    Points
    209,240
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,232
    Given: 2,166

    Re: New foreign commit - Giorgos Tsalmpouris

    What would a 7'1" 17 year old who can hit the NBA range three usually be rated? I mean it's not like most classes even produce a player with that combination of size and shooting skill. Trying not to overhype, but the kid has a ridiculously rare skill set. He's already a better shooter than Isaiah Austin ever has been and look at the ridiculous amount of hype he entered college basketball with.



  9. #594
    Speechless
    Points: 909,339, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 80.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    60,723
    Points
    909,339
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,172
    Given: 4,226

    Re: New foreign commit - Giorgos Tsalmpouris

    This whole thing is a weighty matter.


    Kansas Must Be Destroyed

    Sic Semper Jayhawks




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  10. #595
    Addict
    Points: 86,290, Level: 91
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 1,160
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    DandyCyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    7,397
    Points
    86,290
    Level
    91
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,987
    Given: 665

    Re: New foreign commit - Giorgos Tsalmpouris

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ve-never-heard

    "Speaking of foreign players...as good as Iowa State has been the past few seasons, the Cyclones have had one glaring deficiency: height. Last year’s squad didn’t feature a single rotation player taller than 6’7”.

    That will change in 2014-15, thanks to the addition of 7’1” Greek center Giorgos Tsalmpouris, who signed with Iowa State on Sunday. He will play for the Greek national team this summer before moving to Ames. Tsalmpouris, who was also being recruited by Davidson and Temple, doesn’t turn 18 until June."

    Nothing especially new here except BR says "signed with Iowa State on Sunday." I don't believe that is true. He just committed, not signed. I think Fred would be talking about a 7'1" kid coming in next year if he was signed but he didn't mention him yesterday (Tailgate Tour speech).


    Quote Originally Posted by Schfinkter View Post
    What?

    #cyclONEnation
    CF Mafia Record Holder for Most Votes in One Day: 22 (Transformers)




  11. #596
    Pro
    Points: 42,970, Level: 64
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,280
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Psiclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Corvallis, OR
    Posts
    2,280
    Points
    42,970
    Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 346
    Given: 429

    Re: New foreign commit - Giorgos Tsalmpouris

    Quote Originally Posted by HFCS View Post
    What would a 7'1" 17 year old who can hit the NBA range three usually be rated? I mean it's not like most classes even produce a player with that combination of size and shooting skill. Trying not to overhype, but the kid has a ridiculously rare skill set. He's already a better shooter than Isaiah Austin ever has been and look at the ridiculous amount of hype he entered college basketball with.
    He actually appears to be a better athlete than Austin. He runs the floor very well and in the few clips of him on D, his feet move more quickly than I've seen Austin move. Austin has better low post moves at this point.

    Reminds me of Lohaus who could stick the outside shot and ran the floor well. He stuck in the NBA for a number of years.


    "Of course the people don't want war ... the people can always be brought to do the bidding of the leaders. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger."
    -- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

  12. #597
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 55,043, Level: 72
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 507
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    IAStubborn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Keokuk
    Posts
    4,688
    Points
    55,043
    Level
    72
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 938
    Given: 316

    Re: New foreign commit - Giorgos Tsalmpouris

    Quote Originally Posted by DandyCyclone View Post
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ve-never-heard

    "Speaking of foreign players...as good as Iowa State has been the past few seasons, the Cyclones have had one glaring deficiency: height. Last year’s squad didn’t feature a single rotation player taller than 6’7”.

    That will change in 2014-15, thanks to the addition of 7’1” Greek center Giorgos Tsalmpouris, who signed with Iowa State on Sunday. He will play for the Greek national team this summer before moving to Ames. Tsalmpouris, who was also being recruited by Davidson and Temple, doesn’t turn 18 until June."

    Nothing especially new here except BR says "signed with Iowa State on Sunday." I don't believe that is true. He just committed, not signed. I think Fred would be talking about a 7'1" kid coming in next year if he was signed but he didn't mention him yesterday (Tailgate Tour speech).
    Which brings to question. Why hasn't he signed? I believe he is open to sign at any point now so if he is really committed shouldn't he just sign? I don't get the point of a verbal when the signing period is open. Unless I have the late signing period dates wrong (if so my bad).

    Edit: looked it up April 16 to August 14th is the regular signing period.


    Last edited by IAStubborn; 05-15-2014 at 12:57 PM.

  13. #598
    Addict
    Points: 51,135, Level: 69
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    5,337
    Points
    51,135
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 754
    Given: 966

    Re: New foreign commit - Giorgos Tsalmpouris

    Quote Originally Posted by IAStubborn View Post
    Which brings to question. Why hasn't he signed? I believe he is open to sign at any point now so if he is really committed shouldn't he just sign? I don't get the point of a verbal when the signing period is open. Unless I have the late signing period dates wrong (if so my bad).Edit: looked it up April 16 to August 14th is the regular signing period.
    The NLI signing period for D1 basketball is April 16-May 21. D2 can sign through August 1st. If he doesn't sign that NLI by next Wednesday then he is free to shop around all summer and go wherever he wants.



  14. #599
    Speechless
    Points: 209,240, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    HFCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    LA LA Land
    Posts
    16,939
    Points
    209,240
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,232
    Given: 2,166

    Re: New foreign commit - Giorgos Tsalmpouris

    Quote Originally Posted by DandyCyclone View Post
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ve-never-heard

    "Speaking of foreign players...as good as Iowa State has been the past few seasons, the Cyclones have had one glaring deficiency: height. Last year’s squad didn’t feature a single rotation player taller than 6’7”.

    That will change in 2014-15, thanks to the addition of 7’1” Greek center Giorgos Tsalmpouris, who signed with Iowa State on Sunday. He will play for the Greek national team this summer before moving to Ames. Tsalmpouris, who was also being recruited by Davidson and Temple, doesn’t turn 18 until June."

    Nothing especially new here except BR says "signed with Iowa State on Sunday." I don't believe that is true. He just committed, not signed. I think Fred would be talking about a 7'1" kid coming in next year if he was signed but he didn't mention him yesterday (Tailgate Tour speech).
    That may be the first story of any real value I've read from Bleacher Report…not just the ISU blurb but the whole thing. Are they moving toward legitimacy?



  15. #600
    Legend
    Points: 132,344, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Cycsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10,915
    Points
    132,344
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 858
    Given: 691

    Re: New foreign commit - Giorgos Tsalmpouris

    Quote Originally Posted by Psiclone View Post
    He actually appears to be a better athlete than Austin. He runs the floor very well and in the few clips of him on D, his feet move more quickly than I've seen Austin move. Austin has better low post moves at this point.

    Reminds me of Lohaus who could stick the outside shot and ran the floor well. He stuck in the NBA for a number of years.

    Yeah, but is his moving pick as good as Austin's?



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • August 29, 2015
  • 06:00 PM