Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35
  1. #1
    Legend
    Points: 378,665, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    bos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    23,281
    Points
    378,665
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 82

    In-laws and Others Stories

    Who here has some interesting tales of family for the holidays? This year was quiet for us (which was odd), so I dont have much to share. Not a whole lot came to visit this year. Thought I would live through you.



  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 32,778, Level: 55
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 272
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    4VR4CY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    3,468
    Points
    32,778
    Level
    55
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: In-laws and Others Stories

    My husband is on here, so I can't post anything.


    Just in case you didn't know... I'm a girl.

  3. #3
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 64,553, Level: 78
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 297
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyclonesrule91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Waukee
    Posts
    4,917
    Points
    64,553
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 17

    Re: In-laws and Others Stories

    Just that all my in-laws decided to take up smoking and thought it would be neat to chain smoke while we were there. We mistakenly made the decision earlier to stay there overnight and my 3 yr old could have asthma so we asked that everyone smoke somewhere else. As soon as I took the kids up to get them settled, they all came back to the kitchen and chain smoked until midnight so I got to smell that crap all night. Bunch of frickin morons, we will never do that again

    That and the bro-in-law found the crown royal and drank the whole bottle and managed to fall in the toilet, puke in his car and basically cause a riot before his wife finally had to take him home.

    Other then that, good stuff.



  4. #4
    Legend
    Points: 378,665, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    bos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    23,281
    Points
    378,665
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 82

    Re: In-laws and Others Stories

    Two years ago:

    In the same span of 15 minutes....

    We were at my in-laws...

    Our dog was outside, got spooked a jumped through the glass door into the house and ran into the living room leaving behind a cold opening and a pile of glass. While everyone was frantic and trying to clean up the mess, my sister in law wasnt watching her 1 year and she fell down the steps into the basement and was balling. After all of this calmed down we settled in for the night.

    The next day a squirrel got stuck in the fireplace and came down into the house and freaked everyone out.

    Best christmas ever.

    This year was lame.



  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 183,318, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ajk4st8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    15,213
    Points
    183,318
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 94

    Re: In-laws and Others Stories

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonesrule91 View Post
    Just that all my in-laws decided to take up smoking...
    That and the bro-in-law found the crown royal and drank the whole bottle and managed to fall in the toilet, puke in his car and basically cause a riot before his wife finally had to take him home.

    Other then that, good stuff.
    Thats what Christmas is all about



  6. #6
    Legend
    Points: 378,665, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    bos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    23,281
    Points
    378,665
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 82

    Re: In-laws and Others Stories

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonesrule91 View Post
    Just that all my in-laws decided to take up smoking and thought it would be neat to chain smoke while we were there. We mistakenly made the decision earlier to stay there overnight and my 3 yr old could have asthma so we asked that everyone smoke somewhere else. As soon as I took the kids up to get them settled, they all came back to the kitchen and chain smoked until midnight so I got to smell that crap all night. Bunch of frickin morons, we will never do that again

    That and the bro-in-law found the crown royal and drank the whole bottle and managed to fall in the toilet, puke in his car and basically cause a riot before his wife finally had to take him home.

    Other then that, good stuff.
    Ugh I hate indoor smoking. Gives you nowhere to run.



  7. #7
    Asst. Regional Manager
    Points: 211,294, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    mj4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    15,532
    Points
    211,294
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 114
    Given: 97

    Re: In-laws and Others Stories

    Let's see....my 83 year old great uncle told me the same story 4 times about how he won 1100 at the casino....of course the B double-E double R U N! Having my mom give me a present but forgetting to wrap it. My grandma giving the wrong people presents and us having to figure out who gets what.


    Remember that stressed spelled backwards is desserts!

    "The New England Patriots: As annoying as the Yankess, just with 23 fewer titles."

  8. #8
    Legend
    Points: 378,665, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    bos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    23,281
    Points
    378,665
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 82

    Re: In-laws and Others Stories

    Quote Originally Posted by 4VR4CY View Post
    My husband is on here, so I can't post anything.

    This inspired this thread somewhat.

    How to Cope With an Overbearing In Law - wikiHow



  9. #9
    Pro Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    CyGal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    WDM
    Posts
    2,753
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: In-laws and Others Stories

    Quote Originally Posted by mjones34 View Post
    Having my mom give me a present but forgetting to wrap it.
    You mean this doesn't happen to everyone for every birthday and christmas? My mom 'looses' presents, so sometimes in July she'll find the calander she meant to give me for Christmas or any other gift she meant to give me years before. Years ago I used to go to her main hiding spots after we opened gifts to see if she forgot to pull something out for someone in the family. Happens ALL the time.


    Throwing seven different kinds of smoke!

  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 464,763, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    jdoggivjc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sterling Heights, MI
    Posts
    31,206
    Points
    464,763
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 273
    Given: 171

    Re: In-laws and Others Stories

    ...and my wife wonders why I have no complaints about her family. My in-laws do some pretty goofy things (which gives me a laugh), but they're SANE compared to ya'll's in-laws...


    Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.



  11. #11
    Pro Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    CyGal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    WDM
    Posts
    2,753
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: In-laws and Others Stories

    Quote Originally Posted by jdoggivjc View Post
    ...and my wife wonders why I have no complaints about her family. My in-laws do some pretty goofy things (which gives me a laugh), but they're SANE compared to ya'll's in-laws...

    My in-laws are pretty sane. The only 'bad' thing about Christmas this year was that my mother-in-law and grandmother-in-law were hounding us like little kids to open presents before we could even get our coats off. But we're used to that.


    Throwing seven different kinds of smoke!

  12. #12
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 49,223, Level: 68
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 527
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    SuperCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Smallville/Metropolis
    Posts
    3,879
    Points
    49,223
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: In-laws and Others Stories

    Not Christmas, but Thanksgiving a couple years ago.

    We were hosting. My wife's family has a tradition of having a Thanksgiving supper. So, her brother shows up around 9 am. We weren't out of bed yet. We don't have kids so we don't need to worry about that yet. Anyway, he shows up without his wife or kid. Thought that was odd.

    He was watching TV part of the morning and then wanted to use the computed. I thought that was odd, but gave him the OK. Later on he wanted to check it again. By this time I knew something was up. Around 3 he used it for the third time. OK, who's he taliking to and why is it so important to check. I know what you're thinking and I was thinking the same thing.

    His wife and kid show up and we have supper. He hangs out for awhile and then decided that he wanted to go home. Again leaving his wife and child. That's when his wife tells us that he's having an affair. She tells us this with my wife, his mother and aunt right there. Nice. Happy holidays. I had it figured out as soon as he wanted to use the computer.

    She had put some sort of spy program on the computer at their house. She was able to follow where he had been on the internet. Then she was able to get onto his Yahoo account and read his emails. Ooops.

    She got home and confronted him with the emails that she had printed off from his account. She gave him the boot and he was looking for a place to stay. Guess where he went.

    He turned up at our place but we weren't there. We had to take my wife to the emergency room. He worked at the hospital and somehow figured out that we were there. Considering the circumstances of why we were there, we really didn't want to see him. His mom escorted him out of the room and told him, in no uncertain terms, that he was not staying at our house. We needed to be left alone. He ended up sleeping on the couch in his office at work.

    Needless to say, that was a terrible night. Worst Thanksgiving ever.



    What ever happened to truth, justice and the American Way?

  13. #13
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 64,553, Level: 78
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 297
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyclonesrule91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Waukee
    Posts
    4,917
    Points
    64,553
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 17

    Re: In-laws and Others Stories

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperCy View Post
    Not Christmas, but Thanksgiving a couple years ago.

    We were hosting. My wife's family has a tradition of having a Thanksgiving supper. So, her brother shows up around 9 am. We weren't out of bed yet. We don't have kids so we don't need to worry about that yet. Anyway, he shows up without his wife or kid. Thought that was odd.

    He was watching TV part of the morning and then wanted to use the computed. I thought that was odd, but gave him the OK. Later on he wanted to check it again. By this time I knew something was up. Around 3 he used it for the third time. OK, who's he taliking to and why is it so important to check. I know what you're thinking and I was thinking the same thing.

    His wife and kid show up and we have supper. He hangs out for awhile and then decided that he wanted to go home. Again leaving his wife and child. That's when his wife tells us that he's having an affair. She tells us this with my wife, his mother and aunt right there. Nice. Happy holidays. I had it figured out as soon as he wanted to use the computer.

    She had put some sort of spy program on the computer at their house. She was able to follow where he had been on the internet. Then she was able to get onto his Yahoo account and read his emails. Ooops.

    She got home and confronted him with the emails that she had printed off from his account. She gave him the boot and he was looking for a place to stay. Guess where he went.

    He turned up at our place but we weren't there. We had to take my wife to the emergency room. He worked at the hospital and somehow figured out that we were there. Considering the circumstances of why we were there, we really didn't want to see him. His mom escorted him out of the room and told him, in no uncertain terms, that he was not staying at our house. We needed to be left alone. He ended up sleeping on the couch in his office at work.

    Needless to say, that was a terrible night. Worst Thanksgiving ever.
    Now this one is going to be hard to beat......bummer



  14. #14
    All-Star
    Points: 28,247, Level: 51
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 403
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,232
    Points
    28,247
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: In-laws and Others Stories

    3 Christmas's ago we were all sitting around getting ready to open gifts (2 sisters, 2 brother-in-laws, mom, wife, our two kids and 4 nephews and one niece). Just as the we started to pass out the gifts my 7-year-old niece decided to puke on all the gifts. It was GROSS. My brother-in-law went running out the front door and drove home because he hates getting sick. We slowly wiped down the presents but still needed to put on gloves to open some of them.


    King James

  15. #15
    All-Star
    Points: 16,169, Level: 38
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 281
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Landshark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    1,450
    Points
    16,169
    Level
    38
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: In-laws and Others Stories

    I was told a week after Thanksgiving by my step-mom that she was divorcing my father. (This was a long time coming and frankly overdue)

    A week later I'm told we're going to have ONE more X-Mas together as a family.....so for 3 weeks I get to stew about after 29 years this is our last one.

    They had something big planned for my brothers' and I before the whole divorce thing. Rumor was amongst us boys it was alot of $.

    Basically the whold day went really well, it just sucked because my folks acted like nothing was going on, no word being mentioned of the divorce. The wierd thing was my dad packing up his vehicle with presents and getting ready to leave with the rest of us.

    Oh yea, it wasn't money, we all got new computers, which I really, really needed a new one. Fun, fun...


    "The Constituiton...is a mere thing of wax in the hands of the judiciary, which they may twist and shape into any form they please."- - -Thomas Jefferson, Sept. 6, 1819.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM