Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 142
  1. #91
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 8,461, Level: 27
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 289
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Iowa City, IA Clone fan!
    Posts
    316
    Points
    8,461
    Level
    27
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 50
    Given: 27

    Re: Ryan Anderson Visit

    Tucson is a dump, the woman at the university however are not. No one is going to question if the kid chooses Arizona. Unfortunately the fact that the city has street signs that are not in English probably won't affect his decision much.



  2. #92
    Addict
    Points: 177,075, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 95.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    clonedude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,781
    Points
    177,075
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 212
    Given: 0

    Re: Ryan Anderson Visit

    Back in the day, my favorite hangout was Lost and Found above Cy's. I wasn't so much into top 40 pop music and the loud craziness of places like Cy's or the Cave In. I just loved the laid back atmosphere of Lost and Found where you could just quietly enjoy a good beer, your friends, and they also played great music up there.

    Went to Thumbs a lot too, to enjoy a good beer and some pool after classes. Will never forget the "short" sawed off pool stick they had which came in handy quite often since the pool table was too close to one of the walls. Great memories.

    Also enjoyed going and listening to The Sundogs play wherever they were at. First time I saw them was at Dugan's Deli I believe? But I saw them play so many times, it's hard to remember now.

    Lot's of great Veishea memories too which I can't really talk about on here. Of course, playing keg softball with a keg on 2nd base was always fun. Lots and lots of great house parties too.

    I've often wondered why they don't close off Welch Avenue from Lincoln Way all the way up to Welch Avenue Station and make it into a ped mall like environment? I think that would be nice.



  3. #93
    Prospect
    Points: 980, Level: 8
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 170
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    11
    Points
    980
    Level
    8
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 0

    Re: Ryan Anderson Visit

    Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post
    Back in the day, my favorite hangout was Lost and Found above Cy's. I wasn't so much into top 40 pop music and the loud craziness of places like Cy's or the Cave In. I just loved the laid back atmosphere of Lost and Found where you could just quietly enjoy a good beer, your friends, and they also played great music up there.

    Went to Thumbs a lot too, to enjoy a good beer and some pool after classes. Will never forget the "short" sawed off pool stick they had which came in handy quite often since the pool table was too close to one of the walls. Great memories.

    Also enjoyed going and listening to The Sundogs play wherever they were at. First time I saw them was at Dugan's Deli I believe? But I saw them play so many times, it's hard to remember now.

    Lot's of great Veishea memories too which I can't really talk about on here. Of course, playing keg softball with a keg on 2nd base was always fun. Lots and lots of great house parties too.

    I've often wondered why they don't close off Welch Avenue from Lincoln Way all the way up to Welch Avenue Station and make it into a ped mall like environment? I think that would be nice.
    There were potential plans for that, but the price tag was currently too much, and after the 2014 VEISHEA riots, I do not believe that will not be happening anytime soon, but maybe down the road.



  4. #94
    All-Star
    Points: 29,644, Level: 52
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 106
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,320
    Points
    29,644
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 0

    Re: Ryan Anderson Visit

    Quote Originally Posted by acgclone View Post
    I would think the Anderson sweepstakes will be over within the next 48 hours. It's down to us and AZ, so it should be pretty cut and dry after his visit there.
    I would not yet rule out San Diego St which is 90 minutes away from his hometown.



  5. #95
    Pro
    Points: 39,107, Level: 61
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,243
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Cyhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    2,747
    Points
    39,107
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 38
    Given: 8

    Re: Ryan Anderson Visit

    Quote Originally Posted by dtISU View Post
    The Cave In was the bomb.
    I mentioned the cave in. See my previous posts in this thread. Idk if that was the place with the plastic light up disco floor.....but we found it during a Sips remodel. Under the wood floor in the north west wing.



  6. #96
    Starter
    Points: 7,834, Level: 26
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 316
    Overall activity: 77.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    IA City
    Posts
    740
    Points
    7,834
    Level
    26
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 80
    Given: 0

    Re: Ryan Anderson Visit

    Are you all talking about the club right next to the fire stations? When I was there it was tazzles, but that was over 20 years ago. Is Peoples still there? It was on the corner of welch and Lincoln way. All glass front and it's were the bands played? Yea loved lost and found.



  7. #97
    All-Star
    Points: 20,015, Level: 43
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 735
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Thomasrickj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    1,188
    Points
    20,015
    Level
    43
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 186
    Given: 26

    Re: Ryan Anderson Visit

    Quote Originally Posted by Beyerball View Post
    Are you all talking about the club right next to the fire stations? When I was there it was tazzles, but that was over 20 years ago. Is Peoples still there? It was on the corner of welch and Lincoln way. All glass front and it's were the bands played? Yea loved lost and found.
    Peoples went under when I was in college. Believe it was 2008 or 2009 when it went under.



  8. #98
    All-Star
    Points: 12,707, Level: 34
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 643
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,019
    Points
    12,707
    Level
    34
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 0

    Re: Ryan Anderson Visit

    Rumblings by some were that the hope was that an Arizona visit wouldn't happen. But since it did, it is natural that many feel like he'll be going there. But I hope their gut feeling is wrong.



  9. #99
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 95,411, Level: 96
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 1,639
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    ribsnwhiskey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    4,235
    Points
    95,411
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 569
    Given: 130

    Re: Ryan Anderson Visit

    Quote Originally Posted by Thomasrickj View Post
    Peoples went under when I was in college. Believe it was 2008 or 2009 when it went under.
    The building has been demolished now.



  10. #100
    Addict
    Points: 82,398, Level: 89
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 1,352
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Cyclonesince78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,338
    Points
    82,398
    Level
    89
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 842
    Given: 956

    Re: Ryan Anderson Visit

    Timothy Martin@imjustouthere 10h @_AndersonBC12 @APlayersProgram lol @ Iowa State fans. There's no competition bro #beardown

    Boycott Arizona?



  11. #101
    Pro
    Points: 39,107, Level: 61
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,243
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Cyhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    2,747
    Points
    39,107
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 38
    Given: 8

    Re: Ryan Anderson Visit

    Quote Originally Posted by Beyerball View Post
    Are you all talking about the club right next to the fire stations? When I was there it was tazzles, but that was over 20 years ago. Is Peoples still there? It was on the corner of welch and Lincoln way. All glass front and it's were the bands played? Yea loved lost and found.
    Yep. It was Tazzles for awhile. Then i believe Tazzles took over Dean's list but kept the Dean's list name.



  12. #102
    Starter
    Points: 7,785, Level: 26
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 365
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Medical Lake, WA
    Posts
    613
    Points
    7,785
    Level
    26
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 27

    Re: Ryan Anderson Visit

    Quote Originally Posted by mattyice View Post
    No mentions of the Cave In yet?
    The cave in was a definite hang out!



  13. #103
    All-Star
    Points: 38,016, Level: 60
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,034
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    andybernard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,509
    Points
    38,016
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 114
    Given: 10

    Re: Ryan Anderson Visit

    This thread has turned into a fun game of How Fast Can I Decipher A Post About An Old Bar I Don't Care About And Scroll Past It To Ryan Anderson Info?!



  14. #104
    Legend
    Points: 328,796, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 85.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialOverdriveVeteran
    CyArob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    12,089
    Points
    328,796
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,358
    Given: 705

    Re: Ryan Anderson Visit

    Quote Originally Posted by andybernard View Post
    This thread has turned into a fun game of How Fast Can I Decipher A Post About An Old Bar I Don't Care About And Scroll Past It To Ryan Anderson Info?!
    Well, how fast can you do it?



  15. #105
    All-Star
    Points: 38,016, Level: 60
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,034
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    andybernard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,509
    Points
    38,016
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 114
    Given: 10

    Re: Ryan Anderson Visit

    Quote Originally Posted by CyArob View Post
    Well, how fast can you do it?
    I'm not doing so hot right now. The contacts are a little foggy and the old timey bar posts are out in full force.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Fox Sports 1
  • Iowa State vs. Kansas State
  • September 6, 2014
  • 11:00 AM