Page 381 of 618 FirstFirst ... 281331371377378379380381382383384385391431481 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,715 of 9258
    Addict
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,467
    Given: 82

Re: Random thoughts thread

Quote Originally Posted by 00clone View Post
    Did she fall for the pineapple line?

I gotta be honest, I love my wife and wouldn't trade her for anything, but if I was single, as far as hooking up goes, I can't help but think that you couldn't beat living in an area that is flooded with new visitors (tourists) constantly.
    Honest to god, I kid you not, she is living here for the summer and she sells pineapples at a little stand in Waikiki. That's where I met her.

My only problem as a single guy doing the whole hooking up thing is that I always go for girls pretty much out of my league. It helps to be confident (cocky?) like I am, but I also means continuing to try when you strike out more often than not. But when you make contact....

This Romanian chick though. She was hot, but there was definitely a language barrier.

Also, while it's great with the amount of very attractive women vacationing here, few are single. Most are with their guy or a group of girls. I really need to get a wingman to help with the group problem.

Last edited by cyrocksmypants; 08-16-2014 at 12:04 AM.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 77.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,327
    Given: 1,274

Well, not completely...'what she wants' now might not last her a lifetime. I know I see women with these little slivers driving a cadillac and think "yep, she got married when they were poor".

And don't get me wrong, ring expense is often skewed waaay too far the other way and I didn't spend near as much as other people I know. Honestly, I think it's the shape of that diamond....first, you pay a lot more for those fancy cuts for what you get, and second, it's length makes it's narrow width look even more dramatic.

I know a lot of women upgrade, too, but I could never do that. I mean, yeah, he got exactly what I love, but regardless, I'm a sentimental fool and I want what he proposed with. Not what he upgraded to.

Legend
    Overall activity: 77.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,327
    Given: 1,274

Quote Originally Posted by ISUCubswin View Post
    Well, that's kind of the funny thing. She told him she wanted to go ring shopping with him, but he did it without her and thought this would fit his price range. He also knew that she liked that shape so he just went all in.

hmm, risky venture. I asked to go ring shopping because I wanted the experience. I wanted to try on different things. I mean, I'm also picky, but it was fun to try on different rings. But if she likes the shape, he should be pretty ok.

Addict
    Overall activity: 55.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,975
    Given: 495

Quote Originally Posted by cowgirl836 View Post
    I know a lot of women upgrade, too, but I could never do that. I mean, yeah, he got exactly what I love, but regardless, I'm a sentimental fool and I want what he proposed with. Not what he upgraded to.

Yeah, I don't get that either. I can see doing a bigger ring with the original in there, but chuck the original and get a bigger rock...no, hon, that ain't happening.

Wait, what did I just type....<checks pants for male parts>

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by cowgirl836 View Post
    hmm, risky venture. I asked to go ring shopping because I wanted the experience. I wanted to try on different things. I mean, I'm also picky, but it was fun to try on different rings. But if she likes the shape, he should be pretty ok.

I don't recall the wife ever going actually shopping with me...tryna remember, the wedding was 10 years ago, and I was in the market for 3 years before that (long story). I think we discussed shapes and her general philosophy, but I think everything else was up to me. The only possibility was that maybe we looked when it was a generic concept but in no way doable for me.

I went into a local place and said 'teach me about diamonds, I'm an engineer (for what they knew) so I want to understand all the aspects of it and make my decision from there. I will not buy today, but we're building a relationship today that will determine whether I shop here.' She explained the 4 c's and demonstrated each of them in detail, and I chose my ranges in each of those. I then used that information and shopped around. My mom insisted that I go to this place in SW Wisconsin because 'they're cheaper than everywhere else'. I went and realized that they were cheaper because the busted arse scope that they let you look thru hid the crap they were trying to sell as a higher quality than it really was.

I went back to the original place and she had a diamond that had a larger inclusion than I thought I was comfortable with, but it was cut such that it was only visible when you were looking at the bottom, which no one ever does, so I got a higher carat weight for the same price.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I don't recall the wife ever going actually shopping with me...tryna remember, the wedding was 10 years ago, and I was in the market for 3 years before that (long story). I think we discussed shapes and her general philosophy, but I think everything else was up to me. The only possibility was that maybe we looked when it was a generic concept but in no way doable for me.

I went into a local place and said 'teach me about diamonds, I'm an engineer (for what they knew) so I want to understand all the aspects of it and make my decision from there. I will not buy today, but we're building a relationship today that will determine whether I shop here.' She explained the 4 c's and demonstrated each of them in detail, and I chose my ranges in each of those. I then used that information and shopped around. My mom insisted that I go to this place in SW Wisconsin because 'they're cheaper than everywhere else'. I went and realized that they were cheaper because the busted arse scope that they let you look thru hid the crap they were trying to sell as a higher quality than it really was.

I went back to the original place and she had a diamond that had a larger inclusion than I thought I was comfortable with, but it was cut such that it was only visible when you were looking at the bottom, which no one ever does, so I got a higher carat weight for the same price.
    My ex and I went through the whole process together.

I tend to agree with John Green in that it's not fair to throw any life changing surprises like you come across in the process of engagement on a woman and expect her to decide on it in a split second.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by cyrocksmypants View Post
    My ex and I went through the whole process together.

I tend to agree with John Green in that it's not fair to throw any life changing surprises like you come across in the process of engagement on a woman and expect her to decide on it in a split second.

Well, that's probably true, but with our relationship, we were pretty well committed to each other as of '98-00, and because of life circumstances, we didn't get married until '04, so it wasn't an ambush or anything....really to the point where when I actually popped the question, the honest to god first response I got from her was

"Really?!?!?!?"

because she had waited so long she had conditioned herself to think it was not coming anytime soon. (confession, I kind of used that for the surprise a bit at the end there). I will say, though, that with the ring in my hand, and on bended knee, part of me wanted to answer...nah, I'm just kidding, and this is the most expensive, most elaborate prank I've ever done.

Funny thing is that this was not the only time I got "Really?!?!?!?" as an answer to an 'important' question...same thing when I asked my first serious GF to prom. I guess being a lifelong smartarse can bite me at times.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Well, that's probably true, but with our relationship, we were pretty well committed to each other as of '98-00, and because of life circumstances, we didn't get married until '04, so it wasn't an ambush or anything....really to the point where when I actually popped the question, the honest to god first response I got from her was

"Really?!?!?!?"

because she had waited so long she had conditioned herself to think it was not coming anytime soon. (confession, I kind of used that for the surprise a bit at the end there). I will say, though, that with the ring in my hand, and on bended knee, part of me wanted to answer...nah, I'm just kidding, and this is the most expensive, most elaborate prank I've ever done.

Funny thing is that this was not the only time I got "Really?!?!?!?" as an answer to an 'important' question...same thing when I asked my first serious GF to prom. I guess being a lifelong smartarse can bite me at times.
    The key is balance. Like a fancy proposal, but with your ***** hanging out.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Back to random, with our CSA share and buying some extra, my Sunday looks to be planned with canning 40 lbs of tomatoes into tomato sauce.

Pro
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 32

I was checking twitter and saw the Louisville Police Scanner was trending. Upon investigating I've found that some high school kid started a rumor about a purge occuring this evening ala the movie.

So far things of note:
    -A ***** struck someones windshield while driving
    -someone raped a cat
    -a man in a panda suit was banging on the back door of someones home and yelling.

The scanner thread currently has about 46,000 listeners.
    http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/13853

"Blamo"! The new CF approved swear word.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

The key is balance. Like a fancy proposal, but with your ***** hanging out.

I'm not sure Pat Sajak would approve...again, due to circumstances, I had to pop the question when she was sitting on the floral patterned hand-me-down love seat in her apartment watching wheel of fortune.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by vmbplayer View Post
    I was checking twitter and saw the Louisville Police Scanner was trending. Upon investigating I've found that some high school kid started a rumor about a purge occuring this evening ala the movie.

So far things of note:
    -A ***** struck someones windshield while driving
    -someone raped a cat
    -a man in a panda suit was banging on the back door of someones home and yelling.

The scanner thread currently has about 46,000 listeners.
    http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/13853
    As a non-movie watcher, can I get some clarification on this?

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

As a non-movie watcher, can I get some clarification on this?
    It's a ****** horror movie about the future where people are given one night a year to do whatever they want with no consequence. Don't bother. Watch the trailer and you'll get more than you need about it.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

For some reason I've got Dayman from Always Sunny stuck in my head.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

It's a ****** horror movie about the future where people are given one night a year to do whatever they want with no consequence. Don't bother. Watch the trailer and you'll get more than you need about it.

Was kind of getting that on wikipedia as well after posting. Thanks for the info.