Page 300 of 618 FirstFirst ... 200250290296297298299300301302303304310350400 ... LastLast
Results 4,486 to 4,500 of 9258
  1. #4486
    Pro
    Points: 39,435, Level: 61
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 915
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,983
    Points
    39,435
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37
    Given: 16

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MLawrence View Post
    I knew that wasn't right when I posted it as I was trying to remember if that was homophone or not. Pass along the dunce cap.
    And here I thought it was a test for all of us journalist types. Or editors or grammarians.



  2. #4487
    Addict
    Points: 328,724, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    00clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Iowa City area
    Posts
    9,113
    Points
    328,724
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,845
    Given: 458

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ImJustKCClone View Post
    Mine has a quick cook that puts 30 secs at a time on the counter. LOVE that feature. :)

    This caused an internal struggle for me...I would microwave my son's eggs for 2 minutes...do you hit the 30 second button 4 times, or 2,0,0, start? Both are 4 keystrokes...ultimately, I decided that it started automatically when you hit the 30 second button, so I was saving the approximately 1/2 second it took me to hit the 0, 0, and start the other way, and I stuck with it...but then I changed bowls and I had to up it to 2:40, so I type it in now. The things I think about when making eggs 3 mornings out of 7.



  3. #4488
    All-Star
    Points: 31,198, Level: 54
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 752
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    coolerifyoudid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    your kitchen. Beer's gone
    Posts
    1,580
    Points
    31,198
    Level
    54
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 785
    Given: 732

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by 00clone View Post
    This caused an internal struggle for me...I would microwave my son's eggs for 2 minutes...do you hit the 30 second button 4 times, or 2,0,0, start? Both are 4 keystrokes...ultimately, I decided that it started automatically when you hit the 30 second button, so I was saving the approximately 1/2 second it took me to hit the 0, 0, and start the other way, and I stuck with it...but then I changed bowls and I had to up it to 2:40, so I type it in now. The things I think about when making eggs 3 mornings out of 7.
    I'm seriously glad I'm not the only one that has a weird obsession with physical efficiency in simple tasks.

    Not that what you said was weird


    Quote Originally Posted by VeloClone View Post
    Clearly you will be in the looney bin within a month. It was good knowing you...

  4. #4489
    Legend
    Points: 210,424, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 64.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial50000 Experience Points
    cowgirl836's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    12,249
    Points
    210,424
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,176
    Given: 1,137

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Vicksburg didn't celebrate the 4th of July for 80 years after surrendering to Grant on July 4th and ending their siege.



  5. #4490
    Addict
    Points: 209,131, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MLawrence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,610
    Points
    209,131
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 310
    Given: 117

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by coolerifyoudid View Post
    I'm seriously glad I'm not the only one that has a weird obsession with physical efficiency in simple tasks.

    Not that what you said was weird
    I have also have had the same thoughts about pushing buttons on the microwave.



  6. #4491
    Addict
    Points: 328,724, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    00clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Iowa City area
    Posts
    9,113
    Points
    328,724
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,845
    Given: 458

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by coolerifyoudid View Post
    I'm seriously glad I'm not the only one that has a weird obsession with physical efficiency in simple tasks.

    Not that what you said was weird

    Well, this is a rare occurrence, really...I know some people obsess over everything, doing it the 'perfect' way or it's WRONG, but this is one of the few things I've done that with. I think it's that with a 2 minute nuke time first thing in the morning, they don't take long enough for me to go do something else, so I just stand there, but at 2 minutes, it's not instantaneous, so I start thinking about something, and that ended up being the thing for a few days until I remembered the auto-start function.

    I can appreciate efficiency, but rarely do I analyze it for non-work related items unless I do them a lot, or like this, where I'm captive for a specific reason and end up thinking about it.



  7. #4492
    Addict
    Points: 152,385, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    temperflare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bondurant
    Posts
    7,491
    Points
    152,385
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 246
    Given: 68

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Received a "Do It Yourself" magazine subscription offer in the mail today. At first glance, thought it was a porn mag and got a lil excited. Then I realized looking at either results in the same thing: Doing it yourself. It's genius really.


    "The difference between keeping what you have all to yourself and coveting what someone else has lies within your willingness to give versus your desire to take"

    - temperflare

  8. #4493
    Addict
    Points: 152,385, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    temperflare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bondurant
    Posts
    7,491
    Points
    152,385
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 246
    Given: 68

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by 00clone View Post
    Well, this is a rare occurrence, really...I know some people obsess over everything, doing it the 'perfect' way or it's WRONG, but this is one of the few things I've done that with. I think it's that with a 2 minute nuke time first thing in the morning, they don't take long enough for me to go do something else, so I just stand there, but at 2 minutes, it's not instantaneous, so I start thinking about something, and that ended up being the thing for a few days until I remembered the auto-start function.

    I can appreciate efficiency, but rarely do I analyze it for non-work related items unless I do them a lot, or like this, where I'm captive for a specific reason and end up thinking about it.
    This post seems relative to mine. Coincidence?


    "The difference between keeping what you have all to yourself and coveting what someone else has lies within your willingness to give versus your desire to take"

    - temperflare

  9. #4494
    All-Star
    Points: 31,198, Level: 54
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 752
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    coolerifyoudid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    your kitchen. Beer's gone
    Posts
    1,580
    Points
    31,198
    Level
    54
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 785
    Given: 732

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Obsess was probably the wrong word. My morning routine of getting up, getting ready, getting my daughter ready and getting lunches ready is a thing of beauty some days though.


    Quote Originally Posted by VeloClone View Post
    Clearly you will be in the looney bin within a month. It was good knowing you...

  10. #4495
    Addict
    Points: 328,724, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    00clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Iowa City area
    Posts
    9,113
    Points
    328,724
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,845
    Given: 458

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by coolerifyoudid View Post
    Obsess was probably the wrong word. My morning routine of getting up, getting ready, getting my daughter ready and getting lunches ready is a thing of beauty some days though.

    OK, I can get on board with that...but there are some people who get cray-cray about how to most efficiently do things.

    Thankfully, I don't have to be in a rush with the morning routine, which is nice.



  11. #4496
    All-Star
    Points: 31,198, Level: 54
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 752
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    coolerifyoudid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    your kitchen. Beer's gone
    Posts
    1,580
    Points
    31,198
    Level
    54
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 785
    Given: 732

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    I just got a facebook request from an old girlfriend. I affectionately refer to her as the bunny boiler. I think I'll pass on this one


    Quote Originally Posted by VeloClone View Post
    Clearly you will be in the looney bin within a month. It was good knowing you...

  12. #4497
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 45,006, Level: 65
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 544
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    DandyCyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    4,044
    Points
    45,006
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,097
    Given: 432

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by coolerifyoudid View Post
    I just got a facebook request from an old girlfriend. I affectionately refer to her as the bunny boiler. I think I'll pass on this one
    You have my attention. I, like everyone else, would love to hear how/why the bunny boiler nickname started.



  13. #4498
    Pro
    Points: 74,590, Level: 84
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 260
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    SaraV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,366
    Points
    74,590
    Level
    84
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 232
    Given: 127

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by coolerifyoudid View Post
    I just got a facebook request from an old girlfriend. I affectionately refer to her as the bunny boiler. I think I'll pass on this one
    Quote Originally Posted by DandyCyclone View Post
    You have my attention. I, like everyone else, would love to hear how/why the bunny boiler nickname started.


    ????




  14. #4499
    Addict
    Points: 152,385, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    temperflare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bondurant
    Posts
    7,491
    Points
    152,385
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 246
    Given: 68

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by 00clone View Post
    OK, I can get on board with that...but there are some people who get cray-cray about how to most efficiently do things.

    Thankfully, I don't have to be in a rush with the morning routine, which is nice.
    I was going to type a long paragraph, but I have to get on to the next thread so I'll just say this: I'm that way.


    "The difference between keeping what you have all to yourself and coveting what someone else has lies within your willingness to give versus your desire to take"

    - temperflare

  15. #4500
    Addict
    Points: 91,354, Level: 94
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,796
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    cyrocksmypants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    6,383
    Points
    91,354
    Level
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,188
    Given: 64

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirl836 View Post
    Vicksburg didn't celebrate the 4th of July for 80 years after surrendering to Grant on July 4th and ending their siege.
    Am I the only one that's going to acknowledge one of the most random posts in the post a random thought thread?



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FS1
  • Iowa State @ Oklahoma State
  • October 4, 2014
  • 11:00 AM