Page 240 of 618 FirstFirst ... 140190230236237238239240241242243244250290340 ... LastLast
Results 3,586 to 3,600 of 9258
  1. #3586
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 49,749, Level: 68
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    DandyCyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    4,713
    Points
    49,749
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,445
    Given: 554

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirl836 View Post
    was it full of cockroaches or something? How is a 6000sqft house only $300k?
    Sorry I must have been typing my second post on the house when you asked this.

    It had a pool in the back yard that would need a complete rebuild. I believe a dog ruined all of the carpet. The house was empty for a while and no one took care of it so the gutters were clogged with leaves and sticks so I imagine there is water damage and mold somewhere. I'll try and find a link to when it was for sale.


    "Tonight's forecast... a freeze is coming." - Matty Ice
    #cyclONEnation

  2. #3587
    Legend
    Points: 208,540, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial50000 Experience Points
    cowgirl836's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    14,056
    Points
    208,540
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,630
    Given: 1,573

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DandyCyclone View Post
    Sorry I must have been typing my second post on the house when you asked this.

    It had a pool in the back yard that would need a complete rebuild. I believe a dog ruined all of the carpet. The house was empty for a while and no one took care of it so the gutters were clogged with leaves and sticks so I imagine there is water damage and mold somewhere. I'll try and find a link to when it was for sale.

    ok, that makes much more sense. I was thinking even outdated it should have been a half mil unless most of the square footage came from an attached machine shed or something crazy like that.


    Vice-President of ***Official I Hate People Who Hate On Random Thoughts Thread***, Inc.

  3. #3588
    Legend
    Points: 305,801, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 73.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    00clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Iowa City area
    Posts
    10,144
    Points
    305,801
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,332
    Given: 571

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirl836 View Post
    ok, that makes much more sense. I was thinking even outdated it should have been a half mil unless most of the square footage came from an attached machine shed or something crazy like that.

    Well, plus it's in Sioux City, so there's that...




  4. #3589
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 49,749, Level: 68
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    DandyCyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    4,713
    Points
    49,749
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,445
    Given: 554

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Found it with an assist from Google Maps.

    Assessor's page:
    http://beacon.schneidercorp.com/Appl...e=894720231012

    5,551 square feet
    0.86 acre lot
    5 bed, 2.5 bath
    FOUR FIREPLACES
    800 square foot pool built in 1930
    IIRC there is a built in hot tub that has it's own room
    If you look at the floor plan it has a 970 square foot "great room"

    Sold in 1993 for $450,000
    Sold to current owner in 2006 for $281,000
    Assessed at $399,500
    Currently isn't for sale but I believe they were asking around $315,000 and getting no interest from buyers


    "Tonight's forecast... a freeze is coming." - Matty Ice
    #cyclONEnation

  5. #3590
    Pro
    Points: 25,652, Level: 49
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 898
    Overall activity: 76.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    GTO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    2,338
    Points
    25,652
    Level
    49
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,530
    Given: 2,412

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DandyCyclone View Post
    Found it with an assist from Google Maps.

    Assessor's page:
    http://beacon.schneidercorp.com/Appl...e=894720231012

    5,551 square feet
    0.86 acre lot
    5 bed, 2.5 bath
    FOUR FIREPLACES
    800 square foot pool built in 1930
    IIRC there is a built in hot tub that has it's own room
    If you look at the floor plan it has a 970 square foot "great room"

    Sold in 1993 for $450,000
    Sold to current owner in 2006 for $281,000
    Assessed at $399,500
    Currently isn't for sale but I believe they were asking around $315,000 and getting no interest from buyers
    FOUR Fireplaces!? What about water, do they get it from a well out back?



  6. #3591
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 49,749, Level: 68
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    DandyCyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    4,713
    Points
    49,749
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,445
    Given: 554

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by 00clone View Post
    Well, plus it's in Sioux City, so there's that...

    Yeah, Sioux City was/is definitely not my first choice of places to live but the wife's job brought us here and she's the bread winner so I had to deal with it. Sioux City isn't great but it isn't terrible either. We make it work for now but we won't live here forever.


    "Tonight's forecast... a freeze is coming." - Matty Ice
    #cyclONEnation

  7. #3592
    Addict
    Points: 99,436, Level: 98
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 1,614
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    ImJustKCClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    7,923
    Points
    99,436
    Level
    98
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,972
    Given: 2,629

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Cydar View Post
    Not making fun of KC. I do not want to incur her wrath.

    Mood rings and pet rocks were a huge fad when I was a kid.
    For me too.

    No wrath incurred. I was too cheap to buy a pet rock, so I painted my own. I don't remember the name it had back then; I pulled Horace out of a hat for the post. :)



  8. #3593
    Pro
    Points: 77,993, Level: 86
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 357
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    SaraV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,562
    Points
    77,993
    Level
    86
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 336
    Given: 174

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Please excuse me...

    GAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




    Okay. Thanks.

    (The above is really not a big deal...just venting)



  9. #3594
    Pro
    Points: 42,616, Level: 63
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 334
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    CloneinWDSM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,363
    Points
    42,616
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 844
    Given: 18

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DandyCyclone View Post
    Yeah, Sioux City was/is definitely not my first choice of places to live but the wife's job brought us here and she's the bread winner so I had to deal with it. Sioux City isn't great but it isn't terrible either. We make it work for now but we won't live here forever.
    Don't move to WDSM. K thanks.



  10. #3595
    Mariner Moose
    Points: 54,071, Level: 72
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,479
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    no2cyclones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Davenport, IA
    Posts
    3,373
    Points
    54,071
    Level
    72
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 185
    Given: 588

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Back to the Etsy discussion, a friend of my wife's does the invitations/announcements design work previously mentioned, as well as some other cool things. I bought a two sign set for a baby room to give as a gift that came as a download. I printed it and framed it and had a pretty cheap baby gift that looked really nice.

    That's the only thing I've bought on there, but there are some cool things that I would absolutely consider purchasing down the road, when I have a bit more disposable income.



  11. #3596
    Addict
    Points: 107,483, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredSocialOverdrive
    cmjh10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    8,820
    Points
    107,483
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,039
    Given: 3,175

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Is there a better feeling than putting on new socks for the first time?


    Naz Long, the Cowboy Killer

  12. #3597
    Speechless
    Points: 406,135, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 70.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    60,551
    Points
    406,135
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 796
    Given: 528

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cmjh10 View Post
    Is there a better feeling than putting on new socks for the first time?
    New underwear is not bad either.


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

  13. #3598
    Legend
    Points: 208,540, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial50000 Experience Points
    cowgirl836's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    14,056
    Points
    208,540
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,630
    Given: 1,573

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SaraV View Post
    Please excuse me...

    GAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




    Okay. Thanks.

    (The above is really not a big deal...just venting)

    I always enjoy the stories that go with these.


    Vice-President of ***Official I Hate People Who Hate On Random Thoughts Thread***, Inc.

  14. #3599
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 49,749, Level: 68
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    DandyCyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    4,713
    Points
    49,749
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,445
    Given: 554

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CloneinWDSM View Post
    Don't move to WDSM. K thanks.
    Don't worry, we won't. And even if we did I would avoid you at all costs.



  15. #3600
    Addict
    Points: 99,436, Level: 98
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 1,614
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    ImJustKCClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    7,923
    Points
    99,436
    Level
    98
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,972
    Given: 2,629

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CloneinWDSM View Post
    Don't move to WDSM. K thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by DandyCyclone View Post
    Don't worry, we won't. And even if we did I would avoid you at all costs.
    Oh, yeah...I'm feelin' the love here!




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FS1
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. West Virginia
  • November 29, 2014
  • 11:00 AM