Page 200 of 618 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204210250300 ... LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 9258
  1. #2986
    Legend
    Points: 122,419, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 93.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    cyrocksmypants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    11,017
    Points
    122,419
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,860
    Given: 155

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ImJustKCClone View Post
    I'm not pyschopathic. I wonder if it means that I'm fatalistic?

    Hubby laughs at me because I used to love to go out hunting with him, had a little 410 that I used...loved to watch our Brittanies work the fields & brush. However, although I've destroyed many many skeet and killed the heck out of all kinds of boxes & bottles, I have never been able to pull the trigger on anything with eyeballs. I don't know why. I have no problem at all watching other people shoot game (for FOOD, not for trophies), I understand that all of the meat I eat has to be killed by somebody, I can pluck & clean a bird (hubby does the deer). I really can't explain it...but I seriously don't think I would be able to push either button.

    Sorry if I blew your study...
    Ah, but being a psychopath isn't a bad thing, per se. A psychopath isn't someone who's going to go on a murder rampage. True, most serial killers are psychopaths, but not most psychopaths are serial killers. There are many people that do good that are psychopaths, including police officers, military personnel, firemen, etc. You probably personally know and are friends with a few psychopaths and don't even know it.



  2. #2987
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 52,290, Level: 70
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 260
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyclones_R_GR8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    3,747
    Points
    52,290
    Level
    70
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 350
    Given: 804

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cyrocksmypants View Post
    Ah, but being a psychopath isn't a bad thing, per se. A psychopath isn't someone who's going to go on a murder rampage. True, most serial killers are psychopaths, but not most psychopaths are serial killers. There are many people that do good that are psychopaths, including police officers, military personnel, firemen, etc. You probably personally know and are friends with a few psychopaths and don't even know it.
    I sense a venn diagram coming our way soon


    They say country music speaks to the heart. Unfortunately, it has to go through your ears to get there.

  3. #2988
    Legend
    Points: 122,419, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 93.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    cyrocksmypants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    11,017
    Points
    122,419
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,860
    Given: 155

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclones_R_GR8 View Post
    I sense a venn diagram coming our way soon
    If I was tech savvy enough to whip one up on my phone, I would! (Imagine a large circle and a smaller circle. The large circle would be psychopaths. The smaller circle would be serial killers. The small circle would mostly be in the large circle with just a small sliver outside of it. )



  4. #2989
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 52,290, Level: 70
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 260
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Cyclones_R_GR8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    3,747
    Points
    52,290
    Level
    70
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 350
    Given: 804

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cyrocksmypants View Post
    If I was tech savvy enough to whip one up on my phone, I would! (Imagine a large circle and a smaller circle. The large circle would be psychopaths. The smaller circle would be serial killers. The small circle would mostly be in the large circle with just a small sliver outside of it. )
    Don't forget circles for the cops and firemen as well


    They say country music speaks to the heart. Unfortunately, it has to go through your ears to get there.

  5. #2990
    Legend
    Points: 147,608, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    ImJustKCClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    10,624
    Points
    147,608
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,199
    Given: 4,489

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Where would MY circle be?



  6. #2991
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 63,957, Level: 78
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 893
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4,323
    Points
    63,957
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 267
    Given: 206

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cyrocksmypants View Post
    Ah, but being a psychopath isn't a bad thing, per se. A psychopath isn't someone who's going to go on a murder rampage. True, most serial killers are psychopaths, but not most psychopaths are serial killers. There are many people that do good that are psychopaths, including police officers, military personnel, firemen, etc. You probably personally know and are friends with a few psychopaths and don't even know it.
    Dexter.



  7. #2992
    Addict
    Points: 72,072, Level: 83
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 1,078
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    DandyCyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    6,450
    Points
    72,072
    Level
    83
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,493
    Given: 664

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CloneinWDSM View Post
    Dandy is this a friend from your hometown? If so you would pry be the most dressed up as most people just wear overalls wear you are from

    White long sleeve button up, those shorts and boat shoes. Bam.

    Or dress up for wedding and then change before reception


    A wedding I was at last weekend a guy was wearing plaid shorts and a Hurley shirt. Don't do that.
    Yes, he is from my home town. He's a couple years older than me. I agree that if I wore those shorts and a button up I would be pretty dressed up for a summer wedding in 95 degree temps. I disagree that most people wear overalls where I'm from. You act like we grew up in different worlds although it was only 38 miles. Plus I don't think many people from my home town are going. I think it will be a fairly small wedding.

    Light grey short sleeve button up, those shorts, and boat shoes. Bam.


    Quote Originally Posted by Schfinkter View Post
    What?

    #cyclONEnation
    CF Mafia Record Holder for Most Votes in One Day: 22 (Transformers)




  8. #2993
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 55,155, Level: 72
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 395
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    CloneinWDSM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,428
    Points
    55,155
    Level
    72
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,305
    Given: 57

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DandyCyclone View Post
    Yes, he is from my home town. He's a couple years older than me. I agree that if I wore those shorts and a button up I would be pretty dressed up for a summer wedding in 95 degree temps. I disagree that most people wear overalls where I'm from. You act like we grew up in different worlds although it was only 38 miles. Plus I don't think many people from my home town are going. I think it will be a fairly small wedding.

    Light grey short sleeve button up, those shorts, and boat shoes. Bam.
    You're right. It wasn't overalls, just cutoffs.



  9. #2994
    Speechless
    Points: 240,197, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 80.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial50000 Experience Points
    cowgirl836's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    17,500
    Points
    240,197
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,905
    Given: 2,852

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    the day of the wedding, I still remember being mildly upset about my bouquet. I had sent a million pictures to the florist lady (and she had even done my SIL's bouquet and I was like THAT. I want THAT.) and yet it still had all those nasty two-tone greens sticking out everywhere. My mom fixed some but I'm still sad that my bouquet wasn't what I had wanted. That sounds completely Bridezilla, but I promise you, it wasn't, haha.

    We did end up with an extra corsage somehow and I found out later my MIL was freaking out about it. That and that we didn't get corsages for the cake cutters (who, btw, we made that decision by looking at pictures of DH's brother's wedding and seeing that they didn't have corsages!). BFF and my mom went all King Solomon on it telling my MIL they would just cut it in half and give it to both, haha. Somehow it ended up on my SIL, which was fine, she just wasn't part of the wedding so I always found that odd.

    The reception was awesome but I wish I had spent less time during the day worrying about other people being happy/getting along. That and I wish the hotel hadn't f'd up our room.


    new signature ideas needed; inquire within

  10. #2995
    Speechless
    Points: 324,100, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    cyhiphopp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Johnston
    Posts
    18,528
    Points
    324,100
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,422
    Given: 5,385

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ImJustKCClone View Post
    She's right! I have found that it's the silly booboos that you remember more than the perfect scented candles at the reception. When you add in the fact that hubby's sons were the "best men", his daughters were my bridesmaids, and my sons were the groomsmen...and they ranged in age from 13-19...having an imperfect wedding was a foregone conclusion for us! :)
    Nope, sounds like it was just perfect for you!



  11. #2996
    Legend
    Points: 334,926, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    00clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Iowa City area
    Posts
    12,072
    Points
    334,926
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,324
    Given: 802

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ImJustKCClone View Post
    Where would MY circle be?

    You're your own circle...way off by yourself. And your circle is shorter than all the other circles...and wrinkly.



    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirl836
    moar yoga pants, please.

  12. #2997
    Addict
    Points: 72,072, Level: 83
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 1,078
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    DandyCyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    6,450
    Points
    72,072
    Level
    83
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,493
    Given: 664

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirl836 View Post
    the day of the wedding, I still remember being mildly upset about my bouquet. I had sent a million pictures to the florist lady (and she had even done my SIL's bouquet and I was like THAT. I want THAT.) and yet it still had all those nasty two-tone greens sticking out everywhere. My mom fixed some but I'm still sad that my bouquet wasn't what I had wanted. That sounds completely Bridezilla, but I promise you, it wasn't, haha.

    We did end up with an extra corsage somehow and I found out later my MIL was freaking out about it. That and that we didn't get corsages for the cake cutters (who, btw, we made that decision by looking at pictures of DH's brother's wedding and seeing that they didn't have corsages!). BFF and my mom went all King Solomon on it telling my MIL they would just cut it in half and give it to both, haha. Somehow it ended up on my SIL, which was fine, she just wasn't part of the wedding so I always found that odd.

    The reception was awesome but I wish I had spent less time during the day worrying about other people being happy/getting along. That and I wish the hotel hadn't f'd up our room.

    This is what I am hoping everyone will do once I show up in shorts.


    Quote Originally Posted by Schfinkter View Post
    What?

    #cyclONEnation
    CF Mafia Record Holder for Most Votes in One Day: 22 (Transformers)




  13. #2998
    Speechless
    Points: 324,100, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    cyhiphopp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Johnston
    Posts
    18,528
    Points
    324,100
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,422
    Given: 5,385

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DandyCyclone View Post
    This is what I am hoping everyone will do once I show up in shorts.
    Make sure to check back in with us afterward and let us know how that works out for you.



  14. #2999
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 55,155, Level: 72
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 395
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    CloneinWDSM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,428
    Points
    55,155
    Level
    72
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,305
    Given: 57

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cyhiphopp View Post
    Make sure to check back in with us afterward and let us know how that works out for you.
    He's already got an attractive wife, who else does he need to impress?



  15. #3000
    Speechless
    Points: 240,197, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 80.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial50000 Experience Points
    cowgirl836's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    17,500
    Points
    240,197
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,905
    Given: 2,852

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DandyCyclone View Post
    This is what I am hoping everyone will do once I show up in shorts.

    ha, but the part right after that was the important part - worrying if they were happy/getting along. Aside from the laugh about the jorts guy, I didn't notice anything anyone else wore, nor would I have cared - I just wish I had cared less about other peoples' attitudes!


    new signature ideas needed; inquire within

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • August 29, 2015
  • 06:00 PM