Page 157 of 618 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167207257 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 9258
  1. #2341
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 48,848, Level: 68
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 902
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    3,677
    Points
    48,848
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 77
    Given: 7

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DandyCyclone View Post
    I can easily function on 6 hours of sleep a night but my wife needs like 9 hours and she'll still say she's tired the next morning.
    Same here...not looking forward to parenthood.



  2. #2342
    Pro
    Points: 13,885, Level: 35
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 165
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class3 months registered10000 Experience Points
    bigdaddykane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,388
    Points
    13,885
    Level
    35
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 517
    Given: 312

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Just saw a ad for iowa on cyclonefanatic


    BDK
    Cyclone state

  3. #2343
    Pro
    Points: 73,534, Level: 84
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,316
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    ItsCyence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Brookings, SD
    Posts
    3,353
    Points
    73,534
    Level
    84
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 39
    Given: 74

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirl836 View Post
    my boss's 7 week old is colicky and eats every two hours on the dot. And takes nearly two hours to eat and all that jazz. That is sticking in my head more this week than the sleep little cutie pie..........eventually the cuteness will win out, but right now I'm like HOW DO YOU SURVIVE THAT?!
    It's like calving season (I'm sure you know the process). Sleep in the living room recliner, wake up every hour or so (and let's say this 2 AM), look at the blizzard raging outside, curse while putting your coveralls on, go outside and find 5 cows calving, watch 3 get their calves out no problem, notice the other two are going to need help, get all 5 cows and the 3 calves inside the shed, get the two others locked in a head gate, get the come along, pull the two calves out, make sure they suck, go back inside, look at clock that now says 4 AM, sleep knowing you get to do the same thing in another hour. Funny thing is, I wouldn't trade it for anything.



  4. #2344
    Pro
    Points: 38,261, Level: 60
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 789
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    CloneinWDSM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,079
    Points
    38,261
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 743
    Given: 18

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddykane View Post
    Just saw a ad for iowa on cyclonefanatic
    Jeremy Lind is a sellout! That was a brilliant thread while it lasted.



  5. #2345
    Addict
    Points: 99,980, Level: 98
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 1,070
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    cyrocksmypants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    7,704
    Points
    99,980
    Level
    98
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,550
    Given: 84

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DandyCyclone View Post
    I can easily function on 6 hours of sleep a night but my wife needs like 9 hours and she'll still say she's tired the next morning.
    There is actually such thing as too much sleep. I think for an adult anything after 8 hours actually starts to negatively effect you and make you more tired throughout the day.



  6. #2346
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 588,042, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isulive2train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ciclón Nación
    Posts
    4,233
    Points
    588,042
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 295
    Given: 205

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Had a cop cut me off today on the road. Karma is a *****, he'll get pulled over. -_-



    "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will."


  7. #2347
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 46,732, Level: 66
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 218
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    DandyCyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    4,300
    Points
    46,732
    Level
    66
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,220
    Given: 488

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cyrocksmypants View Post
    There is actually such thing as too much sleep. I think for an adult anything after 8 hours actually starts to negatively effect you and make you more tired throughout the day.
    I have said this too but she asked her doctor about over-sleeping while she was at her check-up and the doc said it was perfectly fine.



  8. #2348
    Legend
    Points: 216,135, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial50000 Experience Points
    cowgirl836's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    13,101
    Points
    216,135
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,348
    Given: 1,317

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ItsCyence View Post
    It's like calving season (I'm sure you know the process). Sleep in the living room recliner, wake up every hour or so (and let's say this 2 AM), look at the blizzard raging outside, curse while putting your coveralls on, go outside and find 5 cows calving, watch 3 get their calves out no problem, notice the other two are going to need help, get all 5 cows and the 3 calves inside the shed, get the two others locked in a head gate, get the come along, pull the two calves out, make sure they suck, go back inside, look at clock that now says 4 AM, sleep knowing you get to do the same thing in another hour. Funny thing is, I wouldn't trade it for anything.

    I know how it is from the beef side, but I've never experienced it since we calve year round for dairy. Plus they are already in a close-up barn so no moving/extra work required unless there's trouble. So a few nights of hanging around late, but not the days on end thing like that. Or weeks for a human baby. And I do think I could survive it - I wonder how the hell it works once you go back to work. How do you not just conk out?



  9. #2349
    Addict
    Points: 335,352, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 73.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    00clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Iowa City area
    Posts
    9,490
    Points
    335,352
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,022
    Given: 500

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DandyCyclone View Post
    I have said this too but she asked her doctor about over-sleeping while she was at her check-up and the doc said it was perfectly fine.

    She told you the doc said it was perfectly fine....I think you mean....



  10. #2350
    Pro
    Points: 73,534, Level: 84
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,316
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    ItsCyence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Brookings, SD
    Posts
    3,353
    Points
    73,534
    Level
    84
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 39
    Given: 74

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirl836 View Post
    I know how it is from the beef side, but I've never experienced it since we calve year round for dairy. Plus they are already in a close-up barn so no moving/extra work required unless there's trouble. So a few nights of hanging around late, but not the days on end thing like that. Or weeks for a human baby. And I do think I could survive it - I wonder how the hell it works once you go back to work. How do you not just conk out?
    It sure is tough during the school year since I do it during spring break (SDSU has it at the beginning of march) and on weekends. My grandpa will be 73 and still gets up before me, even when I'm there to do it. I guess it's just hard wired into his system completely. When I get back to SDSU on Sunday evening, I just sleep until the morning.



  11. #2351
    Addict
    Points: 99,980, Level: 98
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 1,070
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    cyrocksmypants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    7,704
    Points
    99,980
    Level
    98
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,550
    Given: 84

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by 00clone View Post
    She told you the doc said it was perfectly fine....I think you mean....
    00 nailed that one on the head. Sounds like someone feeding you full of crap so she can sleep in more!



  12. #2352
    Addict
    Points: 117,710, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredSocialOverdrive
    cmjh10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    8,366
    Points
    117,710
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,773
    Given: 2,774

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Lone Survivor is such a roller coaster of emotions. First you are laughing, then you are serious, then you feel alll sad and depressed inside, then finally, you feel like you could run through anything for this country.

    Such an incredible story.


    Naz Long, the Cowboy Killer

  13. #2353
    Addict
    Points: 99,980, Level: 98
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 1,070
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    cyrocksmypants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    7,704
    Points
    99,980
    Level
    98
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,550
    Given: 84

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DandyCyclone View Post
    I have said this too but she asked her doctor about over-sleeping while she was at her check-up and the doc said it was perfectly fine.
    http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/05/health...leep-too-much/

    Though most articles say 7-9 hours is optimal, so she's technically still in line, but teetering on the edge.



  14. #2354
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 80,862, Level: 88
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 1,088
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cyclonespiker33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,564
    Points
    80,862
    Level
    88
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 360
    Given: 95

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    So perhaps I'm watching Project X for the first time and perhaps I am intoxiciated but this movie is insane



  15. #2355
    Pro
    Points: 13,885, Level: 35
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 165
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class3 months registered10000 Experience Points
    bigdaddykane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,388
    Points
    13,885
    Level
    35
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 517
    Given: 312

    Re: Random thoughts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclonespiker33 View Post
    So perhaps I'm watching Project X for the first time and perhaps I am intoxiciated but this movie is insane
    Great movie, save to say I have never been to a party that insane.


    BDK
    Cyclone state

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • Iowa State vs. Oklahoma
  • November 1, 2014
  • 07:00 PM