Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 9,088, Level: 28
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 262
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class3 months registered
    bigdaddykane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,201
    Points
    9,088
    Level
    28
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 280
    Given: 153

    Top 15 college towns

    BDK
    #swagberg

  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 78,059, Level: 86
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 291
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    GrindingAway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,857
    Points
    78,059
    Level
    86
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 124
    Given: 9

    Re: Top 15 college towns

    Did it basically say if you can handle a subpar education and don't mind being in the middle of nowhere Ames is a good choice because it's cheap?

    Also in before lake bison picks up on them being 14.



  3. #3
    Legend
    Points: 194,171, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial50000 Experience Points
    cowgirl836's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    10,196
    Points
    194,171
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 800
    Given: 773

    Re: Top 15 college towns

    Quote Originally Posted by GrindingAway View Post
    Did it basically say if you can handle a subpar education and don't mind being in the middle of nowhere Ames is a good choice because it's cheap?

    Also in before lake bison picks up on them being 14.

    there were many problems with this "article".

    It was in slideshow form (which should be an automatic sentence for spending your life in a 9x9 cell with "It's a Small World After All" on repeat)
    It called ISU's academics "subpar" lol wut? I know that our Ag, Engineering, Design, and Veterinary programs are among the best in the country and I'm sure others could add programs they are familiar with to that list.
    It had FARGO, NORTH DAKOTA on the list, but not Madison. Seriously.



  4. #4
    All-Star
    Points: 9,088, Level: 28
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 262
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class3 months registered
    bigdaddykane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,201
    Points
    9,088
    Level
    28
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 280
    Given: 153

    Re: Top 15 college towns

    no iowa city?


    BDK
    #swagberg

  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 317,565, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    00clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Iowa City area
    Posts
    7,708
    Points
    317,565
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,070
    Given: 222

    Re: Top 15 college towns

    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirl836 View Post
    there were many problems with this "article".

    It was in slideshow form (which should be an automatic sentence for spending your life in a 9x9 cell with "It's a Small World After All" on repeat)
    It called ISU's academics "subpar" lol wut? I know that our Ag, Engineering, Design, and Veterinary programs are among the best in the country and I'm sure others could add programs they are familiar with to that list.
    It had FARGO, NORTH DAKOTA on the list, but not Madison. Seriously.

    Madison was cut due to the rash of bovine arsons in the area lately.



  6. #6
    Legend
    Points: 194,171, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial50000 Experience Points
    cowgirl836's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    10,196
    Points
    194,171
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 800
    Given: 773

    Re: Top 15 college towns

    Quote Originally Posted by 00clone View Post
    Madison was cut due to the rash of bovine arsons in the area lately.

    my bad.



  7. #7
    Legend
    Points: 211,323, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 73.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Rabbuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    13,815
    Points
    211,323
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 763
    Given: 43

    Re: Top 15 college towns

    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirl836 View Post
    my bad.
    Something something liberal cesspool.



  8. #8
    Legend
    Points: 194,171, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial50000 Experience Points
    cowgirl836's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    10,196
    Points
    194,171
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 800
    Given: 773

    Re: Top 15 college towns

    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbuk View Post
    Something something liberal cesspool.

    It had Boulder and somewhere in Oregon on there, think it's got that all well-covered



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM