Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 11,609, Level: 32
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 341
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class3 months registered10000 Experience Points
    bigdaddykane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,826
    Points
    11,609
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 400
    Given: 231

    Top 15 college towns

    BDK
    Cyclone state

  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 78,451, Level: 87
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,699
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    GrindingAway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,905
    Points
    78,451
    Level
    87
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 146
    Given: 11

    Re: Top 15 college towns

    Did it basically say if you can handle a subpar education and don't mind being in the middle of nowhere Ames is a good choice because it's cheap?

    Also in before lake bison picks up on them being 14.



  3. #3
    Legend
    Points: 206,978, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial50000 Experience Points
    cowgirl836's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    12,022
    Points
    206,978
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,130
    Given: 1,119

    Re: Top 15 college towns

    Quote Originally Posted by GrindingAway View Post
    Did it basically say if you can handle a subpar education and don't mind being in the middle of nowhere Ames is a good choice because it's cheap?

    Also in before lake bison picks up on them being 14.

    there were many problems with this "article".

    It was in slideshow form (which should be an automatic sentence for spending your life in a 9x9 cell with "It's a Small World After All" on repeat)
    It called ISU's academics "subpar" lol wut? I know that our Ag, Engineering, Design, and Veterinary programs are among the best in the country and I'm sure others could add programs they are familiar with to that list.
    It had FARGO, NORTH DAKOTA on the list, but not Madison. Seriously.



  4. #4
    All-Star
    Points: 11,609, Level: 32
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 341
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class3 months registered10000 Experience Points
    bigdaddykane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,826
    Points
    11,609
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 400
    Given: 231

    Re: Top 15 college towns

    no iowa city?


    BDK
    Cyclone state

  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 328,131, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 73.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    00clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Iowa City area
    Posts
    8,974
    Points
    328,131
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,755
    Given: 432

    Re: Top 15 college towns

    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirl836 View Post
    there were many problems with this "article".

    It was in slideshow form (which should be an automatic sentence for spending your life in a 9x9 cell with "It's a Small World After All" on repeat)
    It called ISU's academics "subpar" lol wut? I know that our Ag, Engineering, Design, and Veterinary programs are among the best in the country and I'm sure others could add programs they are familiar with to that list.
    It had FARGO, NORTH DAKOTA on the list, but not Madison. Seriously.

    Madison was cut due to the rash of bovine arsons in the area lately.



  6. #6
    Legend
    Points: 206,978, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial50000 Experience Points
    cowgirl836's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    12,022
    Points
    206,978
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,130
    Given: 1,119

    Re: Top 15 college towns

    Quote Originally Posted by 00clone View Post
    Madison was cut due to the rash of bovine arsons in the area lately.

    my bad.



  7. #7
    Legend
    Points: 213,096, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    14,167
    Points
    213,096
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 924
    Given: 50

    Re: Top 15 college towns

    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirl836 View Post
    my bad.
    Something something liberal cesspool.



  8. #8
    Legend
    Points: 206,978, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial50000 Experience Points
    cowgirl836's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    12,022
    Points
    206,978
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,130
    Given: 1,119

    Re: Top 15 college towns

    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbuk View Post
    Something something liberal cesspool.

    It had Boulder and somewhere in Oregon on there, think it's got that all well-covered



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FOX
  • Iowa State vs. Baylor
  • September 27, 2014
  • 07:20 PM