Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 27 of 27
  1. #16
    All-Star
    Points: 39,404, Level: 61
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 946
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Buster28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,509
    Points
    39,404
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 328
    Given: 283

    Re: Map of Baseball Nation

    Although the Giants are (obviously) my team, I still follow and like the A's as well. I'll actually see at least two games in person against the Nats in Oakland next weekend. They have a small, but fun crowd at the Coliseum. It's too bad they don't get more support, because they've been a really good team the last few seasons.


    All people who make sweepingly generalized, stupid, uninformed comments are idiots.

    (maybe)

  2. #17
    Rookie
    Points: 6,324, Level: 23
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    JSmoove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    2611 Helser, Louden
    Posts
    508
    Points
    6,324
    Level
    23
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 236

    Re: Map of Baseball Nation

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster28 View Post
    Although the Giants are (obviously) my team, I still follow and like the A's as well. I'll actually see at least two games in person against the Nats in Oakland next weekend. They have a small, but fun crowd at the Coliseum. It's too bad they don't get more support, because they've been a really good team the last few seasons.
    The A's need a new stadium in the worst way. Not sure how much more opposing teams can take of sanitary sewer pipes backing up into locker rooms.

    That aside, The A's would be my second favorite team only to the Twins. The Giants would have to be my favorite NL team.



  3. #18
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 5,077, Level: 21
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 473
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    NenoFone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    WDM
    Posts
    246
    Points
    5,077
    Level
    21
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 66
    Given: 12

    Re: Map of Baseball Nation

    Please someone who knows more about this than me respond; but I think the A's wanted to move to San Jose or Santa Clara but Selig continually blocks all attempts, claiming that the Southern Bay Area is Giants territory. Not sure if that has anything at all to do with the 49er's move to Santa Clara or not. In any case the O.com (or whatever it's called) is sadly very outdated. The only advantage is the huge foul territory that the A's are used to but not so much the visitors.



  4. #19
    All-Star
    Points: 39,404, Level: 61
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 946
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Buster28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,509
    Points
    39,404
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 328
    Given: 283

    Re: Map of Baseball Nation

    Quote Originally Posted by JSmoove View Post
    The A's need a new stadium in the worst way. Not sure how much more opposing teams can take of sanitary sewer pipes backing up into locker rooms.

    That aside, The A's would be my second favorite team only to the Twins. The Giants would have to be my favorite NL team.
    The Coliseum is pretty bad for baseball. The city of Oakland isn't able to finance a new facility and I don't think their mayor is smart enough to know how to reach out to potential private investors. The A's themselves don't want to invest in staying, but want to go to San Jose. But that won't happen because the Giants hold the rights to that part of the Bay. It's been in the courts, but I don't remember where things stand as of now.

    I just don't want the A's to leave the Bay Area. With the Warriors moving back to San Francisco in a few years, once the new arena south of AT&T Park gets built, and the A's looking at skipping town, all that will be left in the East Bay will be the Raiders. Since they have already left town once and come back, I wouldn't hold my breath that Oakland will have ANY pro teams in a decade.


    All people who make sweepingly generalized, stupid, uninformed comments are idiots.

    (maybe)

  5. #20
    All-Star
    Points: 39,404, Level: 61
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 946
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Buster28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,509
    Points
    39,404
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 328
    Given: 283

    Re: Map of Baseball Nation

    Quote Originally Posted by NenoFone View Post
    Please someone who knows more about this than me respond; but I think the A's wanted to move to San Jose or Santa Clara but Selig continually blocks all attempts, claiming that the Southern Bay Area is Giants territory. Not sure if that has anything at all to do with the 49er's move to Santa Clara or not. In any case the O.com (or whatever it's called) is sadly very outdated. The only advantage is the huge foul territory that the A's are used to but not so much the visitors.
    There are some articles at this website about where things stand currently. I think they are mostly about trying to work a new lease agreement on the first page, but it should go back a bit.

    http://newballpark.org/


    All people who make sweepingly generalized, stupid, uninformed comments are idiots.

    (maybe)

  6. #21
    Speechless
    Points: 395,641, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 55.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    cyhiphopp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    22,931
    Points
    395,641
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,700
    Given: 9,680

    Re: Map of Baseball Nation

    I've been a Cub fan for a long time. Growing up going to I-Cubs games and watching WGN did that.

    But **** they are killing me lately. If I didn't have fantasy baseball to follow I would stop watching baseball by June every year.

    I need to find another non NL Central team to follow. Someone that can make the playoffs somewhat regularly. Any suggestions?


    2014-15 Cyclone Fanatic NBA Fantasy Basketball Champion!



  7. #22
    Pro
    Points: 35,907, Level: 58
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 743
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    jkclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    2,293
    Points
    35,907
    Level
    58
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 463
    Given: 947

    Re: Map of Baseball Nation

    Quote Originally Posted by cyhiphopp View Post
    I've been a Cub fan for a long time. Growing up going to I-Cubs games and watching WGN did that.

    But **** they are killing me lately. If I didn't have fantasy baseball to follow I would stop watching baseball by June every year.

    I need to find another non NL Central team to follow. Someone that can make the playoffs somewhat regularly. Any suggestions?
    The Cardinals. Duh



  8. #23
    Speechless
    Points: 395,641, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 55.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    cyhiphopp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    22,931
    Points
    395,641
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,700
    Given: 9,680

    Re: Map of Baseball Nation

    Quote Originally Posted by jkclone View Post
    The Cardinals. Duh
    I said non-NL Central ya moran!



    2014-15 Cyclone Fanatic NBA Fantasy Basketball Champion!



  9. #24
    Pro
    Points: 59,141, Level: 75
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Firefighter4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Stuart
    Posts
    2,309
    Points
    59,141
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 741
    Given: 1,463

    Re: Map of Baseball Nation

    I would like to see this done for all major sports. Would be cool to see.


    .wife {
    right: 100%;
    margin: 0%;
    }

  10. #25
    Pro
    Points: 35,907, Level: 58
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 743
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    jkclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    2,293
    Points
    35,907
    Level
    58
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 463
    Given: 947

    Re: Map of Baseball Nation

    Quote Originally Posted by cyhiphopp View Post
    I said non-NL Central ya moran!

    Missed the non part my bad.



  11. #26
    Addict
    Points: 126,019, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Cybyassociation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,776
    Points
    126,019
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 677
    Given: 615

    Re: Map of Baseball Nation

    Quote Originally Posted by Iastfan112 View Post
    Okay I've never lived in the Des Moines area but the Yankees as the second most popular team? Whenever I go down I don't think: Lot of Yankee hats here.
    Um...



  12. #27
    All-Star
    Points: 39,404, Level: 61
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 946
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Buster28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,509
    Points
    39,404
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 328
    Given: 283

    Re: Map of Baseball Nation

    Quote Originally Posted by cyhiphopp View Post
    I need to find another non NL Central team to follow. Someone that can make the playoffs somewhat regularly. Any suggestions?
    I would suggest the Giants out of personal bias, but unless you are used to staying and/or able to stay up late at night for a 9:15 p.m. (Central Time) first pitch, it makes it kind of difficult to watch, especially if it goes to extra innings. AT&T is an insanely awesome place to see a game (even if on tv) and Kruk and Kuip (Mike Krukow and Duane Kuiper) are two of the best/most fun tv announcers in baseball.


    All people who make sweepingly generalized, stupid, uninformed comments are idiots.

    (maybe)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBA
  • Football Season Opener vs. UNI
  • September 3, 2016
  • 07:00 PM