Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points3 months registered

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 108
    Given: 138

Re: Devron Moore back in town?

Can someone give us an accurate rundown of all the departure situations the team has been dealing with in the last year or two? Here's what I can remember off the top of my head:

Coe - consistently breaking team rules
    Irving - consistently being an idiot
    Jensen - Thankfully he's returned. Who knows exactly what happened?
    Collin Bevins - Wanted to return to small town living
    Charles Rogers - transfer, academics?
    Devron Moore - homesick

Is that it?

It seems lots of these things are impossible to control. Hopefully this is just the end of a streak of bad luck and not a sign of something more. It's tough to keep things moving in the right direction if you can't keep kids motivated to stick around, improve themselves, and contribute.

Pro
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 457
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 262
    Given: 117

Quote Originally Posted by Section110 View Post
    Can someone give us an accurate rundown of all the departure situations the team has been dealing with in the last year or two? Here's what I can remember off the top of my head:

Coe - consistently breaking team rules
    Irving - consistently being an idiot
    Jensen - Thankfully he's returned. Who knows exactly what happened?
    Collin Bevins - Wanted to return to small town living
    Charles Rogers - transfer, academics?
    Devron Moore - homesick

Is that it?

It seems lots of these things are impossible to control. Hopefully this is just the end of a streak of bad luck and not a sign of something more. It's tough to keep things moving in the right direction if you can't keep kids motivated to stick around, improve themselves, and contribute.
    Austin Krick- Don't know, maybe wanted a scholarship but wasn't going to get it.
    Nick Kron- Don't know, was also a mechanical engineering major.
    Devin Lemke- Don't know, had shoulder problems that may have played a role.

It's noteworthy that CPR was looking for JUCOs that may have taken away playing time from the three guys listed above.

Last edited by Luth4Cy; 04-27-2014 at 05:57 PM.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 73.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 196
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Luth4Cy View Post
    Austin Krick- Don't know, maybe wanted a scholarship but wasn't going to get it.
    Nick Kron- Don't know
    David Lemke- Don't know

It's noteworthy that CPR was looking for JUCOs that may have taken away playing time from the three guys listed above.
    Lemke I believe had shoulder issues that he wasn't able to overcome.

Who knows about Krick or Kron though. I think the preferential treatment that Coe and Irving got did rub some of these guys the wrong way though.

That is why you can't allow the inmates to run the asylum. If you do, eventually you will lose everyone. You will lose the hard working blue collar kids that show up everyday, keep their nose clean, but are still losing out to guys that never even show up to practice and don't respect the coaches. And then you'll lose the inmates that were running the asylum because eventually they are going to do something dumb enough that you have no other choice but to kick them off.

That's where Rhoads found himself this spring. Guys like Jensen, Kron, Krick, etc left because of Coe and Irving, and then Coe and Irving finally messed up enough to both get booted off the team. Not a good situation at all to be in, but probably one that Rhoads himself got himself into.

Pro
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post
    Lemke I believe had shoulder issues that he wasn't able to overcome.

Who knows about Krick or Kron though. I think the preferential treatment that Coe and Irving got did rub some of these guys the wrong way though.

That is why you can't allow the inmates to run the asylum. If you do, eventually you will lose everyone. You will lose the hard working blue collar kids that show up everyday, keep their nose clean, but are still losing out to guys that never even show up to practice and don't respect the coaches. And then you'll lose the inmates that were running the asylum because eventually they are going to do something dumb enough that you have no other choice but to kick them off.

That's where Rhoads found himself this spring. Guys like Jensen, Kron, Krick, etc left because of Coe and Irving, and then Coe and Irving finally messed up enough to both get booted off the team. Not a good situation at all to be in, but probably one that Rhoads himself got himself into.
    That's possible, but unless if you have been told this by Jensen, Kron, and Krick you really shouldn't be saying it as fact.

Addict
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 483
    Given: 224

Nick Kron- Don't know
    David Lemke- Don't know

I'm pretty sure Lemke was an injury issue with his shoulder.

Addict
    Overall activity: 73.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 196

That's possible, but unless if you have been told this by Jensen, Kron, and Krick you really shouldn't be saying it as fact.
    Yeah, I didn't mean it to sound like I was stating it as fact. Earlier in my post I had indicated that I "think" the preferential treatment of Coe and Irving rubbed some of these DL's the wrong way.

You are right though, I don't know that for sure, so my bad for stating it the way I did later on in the same post.

I just think it's pretty coincidental that when Coe and Irving were booted, then Jensen comes back. Maybe we can talk Kron and Krick into coming back? Although Krick may have graduated, right? Not sure about that?

Pro
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post
    Yeah, I didn't mean it to sound like I was stating it as fact. Earlier in my post I had indicated that I "think" the preferential treatment of Coe and Irving rubbed some of these DL's the wrong way.

You are right though, I don't know that for sure, so my bad for stating it the way I did later on in the same post.

I just think it's pretty coincidental that when Coe and Irving were booted, then Jensen comes back. Maybe we can talk Kron and Krick into coming back? Although Krick may have graduated, right? Not sure about that?
    Krick may have graduated. Since Kron is an engineering major, I'd say it's possible he wanted to focus on academics. Frankly with the JUCOs at defensive end we don't really need Kron. Defensive tackle is a different story unless Ayeni, Aka, Trent, etc. are ready to give good minutes right away.

Rookie
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 557
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8

Krick is graduating from ISU at the end of this semester and will be (likely) playing at UNI next year as a grad student. I talked to him about it back in January. He seemed pretty convinced of it.

Starter
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 357
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points3 months registered

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 108
    Given: 138

Nick Kron- Don't know, was also a mechanical engineering major.
    Devin Lemke- Don't know, had shoulder problems that may have played a role.

Thanks Luth. I knew there were a couple more. Just not as high profile I guess.

I have to agree with clonedude. Whether or not a player has elite talent at some point enough is enough. It has to be a difficult job for a coach to decide when that is. Kind of walking a fine line in between losing a couple players with a lot of potential, or losing the patience and possibly respect of some their teammates. At least both Irving and Coe ended up getting what they had coming for them. I can't imagine there are that many guys on the team who were super upset to see them go.

Reminds me of the DJK situation at Iowa. It's rare to get an inside look at how players really feel about eachother, but when DJK threatened to write a book a bunch of his former teammates came out and expressed how they really felt about him and ruined any credibility he had left (which was none to most people). Most were not fond at all of his antics. I imagine the majority inside the ISU locker room who are doing things the right way were probably fed up with the way Coe and Irving chose to behave.

Last edited by Section110; 04-27-2014 at 07:36 PM.

Starter
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 236
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 6

Quote Originally Posted by TheJackWePack5 View Post
    Krick is graduating from ISU at the end of this semester and will be (likely) playing at UNI next year as a grad student. I talked to him about it back in January. He seemed pretty convinced of it.
    Not sure why he would rather be at UNI.

Publisher
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 714
    Given: 187

Guys I'm going to close this thread. I'm just seeing it now for the first time. Just a reminder that it is against site rules to post premium information from other sites on here.

Having said that, it's been up for over 24 hours so obviously a lot of people have seen it.

No. I do not know anything about Devron other than what Coach Rhoads said in his media session last week.