Achievements:
    3 months registered25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 316
    Given: 416

Re: Clones Interest in Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk Ukranian 16 Year Old

Quote Originally Posted by CyTwins View Post
    Is Mickelson even supposed to be that good?
    His freshman year (last season played in a regular defensive system) he blocked 69 shots in 533 minutes of play. for reference, Embiid had 72 in 647 minutes last year. Add in his soph year at Arkansas (in Mike Anderson's ridiculous system) and his redshirt year battling Embiid every day in practice and he'll be pretty good when he's out there. He won't be a starter but he'll be a solid rim protector when he's in there.

Pro
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Thomasrickj View Post
    twotroll, stop trying to turn this and EVERY SINGLE other thread into a thread about Kansas. This is why you're the most annoying troll in here. I can understand making a point or two, but you just love to turn everything into a thread about Kansas. The people that want to hear about Kansas all the time are Kansas fans. Go play with them instead as you post nonstop junk about the Jayhawks when we don't want to hear about it. As for experience: it doesn't always matter. Look at Kentucky when they won the championship a few years back. Even Kentucky's team last year had a bunch of freshman and they made a Final 4 run.
    I was responding to a post. I didn't just put that out there for no reason. If you cannot handle any conversation at all about Kansas then request that all of the ISU posters on here not ask any questions about Kansas. Otherwise, just skip past it and read the stuff you are interested in. All I am saying about experience is that last year's Kansas team was the most vulnerable squad that Self will have for the next few years, so on a scale of "up or down" it would count on the down end. That's all. Don't over analyze it.

Pro
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Thomasrickj View Post
    twotroll, stop trying to turn this and EVERY SINGLE other thread into a thread about Kansas. This is why you're the most annoying troll in here. I can understand making a point or two, but you just love to turn everything into a thread about Kansas. The people that want to hear about Kansas all the time are Kansas fans. Go play with them instead as you post nonstop junk about the Jayhawks when we don't want to hear about it. As for experience: it doesn't always matter. Look at Kentucky when they won the championship a few years back. Even Kentucky's team last year had a bunch of freshman and they made a Final 4 run.
    You're actually angry that you clicked on a story about a recruit that chose to go to KANSAS and the conversation being had on the topic is about the impact that this recruit will have on KANSAS? What did you expect was being discussed here, ISU's non-conference schedule? Recruits that ISU is still after? There are other threads on those topics. You're just complaining for the sake of complaining.

Addict
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 615
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 926
    Given: 672

Quote Originally Posted by twocoach View Post
    Draft position is on potential. Season success is on production and experience; two totally separate items. As for the stuff about Embiid, I am not sure what point you are even making. Why should Kansas have been expected to be great with a roster full of freshmen? Aren't you the same fan base that talk about how experience matters more than talent (a sentiment I agree with)? Young talent is erratic. Sometimes it plays to it's talent level and sometimes it playes to it's experience level. 10 of Kansas' top 12 scorers were freshmen or sophomores. The two that weren't? Newcomer Tarik Black and ultra-erratic Naadir Tharpe. That is the most vulnerable Kansas team that Self will probably have for several more years. So yeah, last year was a down year. Worst defense in the Bill Self era and most erratic offense.
    If you think last year was a down year for Kansas you should ban yourself

Pro
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

If you think last year was a down year for Kansas you should ban yourself
    Most losses in the Bill Self era. Tied for most conference losses in the Bill Self era. Worst defense in the Bill Self era. Youngest roster in the Bill Self era. I am not saying it was a BAD YEAR, just a down year comparable to what Self has been doing. Still a good year compared to the rest of the sport, but a down year for Kansas compared to their previous ones under Self. Last year was the best shot Kansas gave other teams to pass them in the standings for a while.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 341
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 191

Most losses in the Bill Self era. Tied for most conference losses in the Bill Self era. Worst defense in the Bill Self era. Youngest roster in the Bill Self era. I am not saying it was a BAD YEAR, just a down year comparable to what Self has been doing. Still a good year compared to the rest of the sport, but a down year for Kansas compared to their previous ones under Self. Last year was the best shot Kansas gave other teams to pass them in the standings for a while.
    So what you're saying is Bill is starting to lose it? I agree, I think his run at the top will be over very soon. I'm glad we are on the same page!

“That’s how good they are,” said Moton, whose MEAC champion Eagles (28-5) are on a 20-game win streak. “I couldn’t sleep (Monday) night. I woke up in the middle of the night thinking about DeAndre Kane — and that’s reality. … They just present so many different matchup nightmares across the board.”

Addict
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 846
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 197

Pretty bad coaching from Selfs gang considering the talent he had to work with.

#BEATIOWA

Pro
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 865
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 221
    Given: 24

put taco tuco on ignore. Problem solved.

Pro
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneCarter View Post
    So what you're saying is Bill is starting to lose it? I agree, I think his run at the top will be over very soon. I'm glad we are on the same page!
    Nah, he just got in a bind losing so many players at the same time. With both Withey and Releford ending up being fifth year seniors he lost Withey, Releford, Young and Johnson at the same time. Add in that McLemore stayed a year longer than expected due to his initial eligibility issues and KU had to replace their six best players all at the same time. He rarely has so many key spots to replace at once. No biggie.

Self did a good job of balancing last year's recruiting class with a transfer senior (Black), a few OAD guys (Wiggins, Embiid), a 2-3 year player (Selden) and a few 4 year players (Mason, Frankamp) so we shouldn't have that same problem again any time soon. And if Silver would bump up the NBA Draft age limit from 19 to 20 then KU would be even more stable moving forward.

Pro
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by MaccloNe View Post
    Don't click on a thread about a recruit that just signed with Kansas. Problem solved.

Addict
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 434
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 376
    Given: 68

Quote Originally Posted by MaccloNe View Post
    Done. He's racking up posts at an alarming rate, and I couldn't care less what he has to say.

Addict
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 615
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 926
    Given: 672

Also the hardest schedule in the Self era. Since he has been at KU their avg seed in the tourney is 2.3, last year they were a 2 seed but it was a down year?

Last year was par for the course for KU bball and saying anything otherwise is just ridiculous. Go home, you're drunk

Last edited by CyTwins; 05-23-2014 at 08:43 AM.

Pro
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,120
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 159
    Given: 63

Quote Originally Posted by erikbj View Post
    The Big12 will be stacked next year at the top.............Texas will be loaded, KU picking up this kid solidifies their rotation and the Clones, well they have Fred Hoiberg and has a pretty salty squad himself. Those 3 will have quite the battle I feel for the big12 crown.
    Don't forget about Oklahoma.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,116
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,268
    Given: 506

And this thread is still open because.......?

"Tonight's forecast... a freeze is coming." - Matty Ice
    #cyclONEnation

Pro
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Also the hardest schedule in the Self era. Since he has been at KU their avg seed in the tourney is 2.3, last year they were a 2 seed but it was a down year?

Last year was par for the course for KU bball and saying anything otherwise is just ridiculous. Go home, you're drunk
    We just have different scales is all. The seeding for last year is more an indictment on the generally mediocre top end of college basketball last year than it was that Kansas was one of the best teams in the country. I have watched KU basketball obsessively for more than three decades; last year was one of the worst functioning Kansas basketball teams under Bill Self. I'd put them ahead of 2009 but not by a lot. Terrible defense and erratic, inconsistent offense. Way too many careless unforced turnovers, barely any turnovers forced. Loads of dumb fouls. Lots of young guys making young guy mistakes. The god news is that the young guys got lots of meaningful minutes of experience so that they are ready to minimize those mistakes next year.

The fact that their low end years aren't much different than their high end years from an overall standings and seedings perspective just means Self is doing a good job figuring out how to keep whatever he has to work with rolling right. But I expect them to be much better next year and I'd bet that the stats will show it after next season.

I think there is going to be a great battle at the top of the Big 12 next year. Texas has lots of returning youth that will be much better and Turner will certainly make their roster tougher to guard and score against. Oklahoma has Lon Kruger and he always has good teams that are tough to beat. Clark will be tough to replace but Kruger should be able to do it. ISU has made gains in their areas of weakness and will be a much better team down low on defense. I'll be interested to see how ready this Greek kid is. If he can give them quality minutes when McKay is out ISU will be very tough.

I can easily see the Big 12 having 4 teams capable of getting Top 3 seeds or better in the tourney next year. Hopefully we'll have several teams make deep runs in the tourney.