Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 48
  1. #16
    Starter
    Points: 6,963, Level: 24
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 87
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    715
    Points
    6,963
    Level
    24
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 138
    Given: 17

    Re: Cap City League champion vs Prime Time League Champion...

    Quote Originally Posted by Cydwinder View Post
    I'd be interested if it was CCL All Star team vs PTL All Star team. Because it would basically be ISU vs. UNI/EIU every year. Then you might be able to actually see what these players are capable of.
    Still wouldn't be interested.



  2. #17
    Addict
    Points: 83,200, Level: 89
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 550
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CyTwins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    8,978
    Points
    83,200
    Level
    89
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,973
    Given: 2,182

    Re: Cap City League champion vs Prime Time League Champion...

    Duez Henderson is the best player in the PTL...if that doesn't tell you who would win I don't know what would



  3. #18
    Addict
    Points: 80,466, Level: 88
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,484
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    BallSoHard4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    6,559
    Points
    80,466
    Level
    88
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 649
    Given: 276

    Re: Cap City League champion vs Prime Time League Champion...

    Don't understand the hate on the CCL, it's a fun event to just watch our guys play basketball. I enjoy it.


    Quote Originally Posted by hoiballin33 View Post
    Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like? You've got to be kidding me. I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that?

  4. #19
    Pro
    Points: 47,785, Level: 67
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 565
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,308
    Points
    47,785
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 264
    Given: 98

    Re: Cap City League champion vs Prime Time League Champion...

    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard4Cy View Post
    Don't understand the hate on the CCL, it's a fun event to just watch our guys play basketball. I enjoy it.
    The hate is on op's ****** idea not ccl



  5. #20
    Addict
    Points: 80,466, Level: 88
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,484
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    BallSoHard4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    6,559
    Points
    80,466
    Level
    88
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 649
    Given: 276

    Re: Cap City League champion vs Prime Time League Champion...

    Quote Originally Posted by IowaStateClones View Post
    The hate is on op's ****** idea not ccl
    Well I agree with that. The idea kind of sucks.


    Quote Originally Posted by hoiballin33 View Post
    Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like? You've got to be kidding me. I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that?

  6. #21
    Legend
    Points: 135,673, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Cycsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    11,270
    Points
    135,673
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 967
    Given: 780

    Re: Cap City League champion vs Prime Time League Champion...

    Quote Originally Posted by Cydwinder View Post
    I'd be interested if it was CCL All Star team vs PTL All Star team. Because it would basically be ISU vs. UNI/EIU every year. Then you might be able to actually see what these players are capable of.

    I'm assuming it would be an all-star game, so yes I would love to see it.



  7. #22
    Speechless
    Points: 295,330, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    chuckd4735's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    17,146
    Points
    295,330
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,306
    Given: 454

    Re: Cap City League champion vs Prime Time League Champion...

    Quote Originally Posted by IowaStateClones View Post
    The hate is on op's ****** idea not ccl
    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard4Cy View Post
    Well I agree with that. The idea kind of sucks.
    How can you claim to like the CCL/PTL, but not like the idea of the two champions squaring off? Its one more game; if you like the leagues, why wouldn't you want to watch the this?

    I understand hating on the idea if you dont like the CCl/PTL, but if you like them, I fail to see how this could be a bad idea.



  8. #23
    Starter
    Points: 6,963, Level: 24
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 87
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    715
    Points
    6,963
    Level
    24
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 138
    Given: 17

    Re: Cap City League champion vs Prime Time League Champion...

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckd4735 View Post
    How can you claim to like the CCL/PTL, but not like the idea of the two champions squaring off? Its one more game; if you like the leagues, why wouldn't you want to watch the this?

    I understand hating on the idea if you dont like the CCl/PTL, but if you like them, I fail to see how this could be a bad idea.
    The only reason the CCL is fun to watch is because you get an early look at the new players coming in and then you have players like George, Monte, and Naz who are well worth the drive to Des Moines to watch, and to top it off 99% of the people there are ISU fans. The CCL has become a pretty lively and entertaining event to attend since Hoiberg took over.

    If they held a PTL VS CCL Championship game it would turn into nothing more than a ******* match between the fans. The only way I would go is if Georges team made simply because he is my alltime favorite CCL player and his trash talking is priceless.



  9. #24
    Speechless
    Points: 295,330, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    chuckd4735's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    17,146
    Points
    295,330
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,306
    Given: 454

    Re: Cap City League champion vs Prime Time League Champion...

    Quote Originally Posted by CyHawk7 View Post
    The only reason the CCL is fun to watch is because you get an early look at the new players coming in and then you have players like George, Monte, and Naz who are well worth the drive to Des Moines to watch, and to top it off 99% of the people there are ISU fans. The CCL has become a pretty lively and entertaining event to attend since Hoiberg took over.

    If they held a PTL VS CCL Championship game it would turn into nothing more than a ******* match between the fans. The only way I would go is if Georges team made simply because he is my alltime favorite CCL player and his trash talking is priceless.
    Yeah it would definitely be a ******** match between the fanbase's, but as a Cub fan who lately finds summer sporting events quite boring, I don't see that as a bad thing.



  10. #25
    Addict
    Points: 34,020, Level: 56
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 230
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocial25000 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    5,589
    Points
    34,020
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,123
    Given: 749

    Re: Cap City League champion vs Prime Time League Champion...

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckd4735 View Post
    Yeah it would definitely be a ******** match between the fanbase's, but as a Cub fan who lately finds summer sporting events quite boring, I don't see that as a bad thing.
    whats the point we all know who would win


    BDK
    Cyclone state
    "Some fans show up for big games, our fans show up for every game, Hoiberg said.

  11. #26
    Pro
    Points: 43,927, Level: 64
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 323
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    2,878
    Points
    43,927
    Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 98
    Given: 24

    Re: Cap City League champion vs Prime Time League Champion...

    It's too bad there isn't a gym that falls within all four schools mileage limit and have only one league. Maybe if they moved the Hoks to the outlet mall in Williamsburg it might work? Could somebody check with Jon Miller and see if there is any possibility of the moving the University?


    Last edited by Cyforce; 04-21-2014 at 09:24 PM.
    and I'm all out of gum.

  12. #27
    Pro
    Points: 36,832, Level: 59
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,018
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    JohnnyFive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,825
    Points
    36,832
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 508
    Given: 594

    Re: Cap City League champion vs Prime Time League Champion...

    What is this PTL you speak of? Pretty Terrible League?



  13. #28
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 54,986, Level: 72
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 564
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,560
    Points
    54,986
    Level
    72
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 224
    Given: 144

    Re: Cap City League champion vs Prime Time League Champion...

    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard4Cy View Post
    Don't understand the hate on the CCL, it's a fun event to just watch our guys play basketball. I enjoy it.
    I really look forward to it too, especially seeing our new guys. Sure the defense isn't good until the play-offs, and sometimes a couple of the good players don't show up on a Friday night and somebody scores 50 against a team with only 5 guys, but overall it's a fun league and the gym is 90% Cyclone fans.



  14. #29
    Starter
    Points: 6,963, Level: 24
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 87
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    715
    Points
    6,963
    Level
    24
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 138
    Given: 17

    Re: Cap City League champion vs Prime Time League Champion...

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyforce View Post
    It's too bad there isn't a gym that falls within all four schools mileage limit and have only one league. Maybe if they moved the Hoks to the outlet mall in Williamsburg it might work? Could somebody check with Jon Miller and see if there is any possibility of the moving the University?
    Why would you want to ruin the summer league by adding a bunch of hawk fans to it?



  15. #30
    Rookie
    Points: 4,666, Level: 20
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 384
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    563
    Points
    4,666
    Level
    20
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 175
    Given: 167

    Re: Cap City League champion vs Prime Time League Champion...

    UNI no longer participates in the Prime Time League. Randy Larson continually screwed UNI over in favor of Post-College Iowa Guys (ie Duez Henderson and Glen Worley) and Jake pulled the UNI guys.

    Now it's basically EIU and Upper Iowa...



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.TV
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • September 5, 2015
  • 07:00 PM