Page 76 of 111 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1660
  1. #1126
    Pro
    Points: 27,462, Level: 50
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 88
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    jbindm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    2,838
    Points
    27,462
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 447
    Given: 242

    Re: *** Official 2014 NBA Playoffs Thread ***

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    A technical foul would be a good solution, and I think that the suspension would be just fine as well.
    If players don't want that deciding a series, then they're free to stop flopping.
    A technical foul would mean game stoppages to review video, and I don't know if I'm on board with that. However, a suspension handed down after a league review would be fair. That way the refs don't have one more thing to sweat about during the game and the league can make an informed decision after reviewing the video. I don't want to see a series or game decided by a player having to sit out, but I also don't want to see a player have to go to the bench with foul trouble due to a bogus foul call off a flop. The threat of a suspension would solve both of those problems unless the flop occurs in a Game 7 or maybe an elimination game. Don't want to get suspended? Don't hit the floor like you just got nailed by a sniper. Easy enough.



  2. #1127
    Pro
    Points: 27,462, Level: 50
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 88
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    jbindm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    2,838
    Points
    27,462
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 447
    Given: 242

    Re: *** Official 2014 NBA Playoffs Thread ***

    Quote Originally Posted by CyJack13 View Post
    As for the game tonight, it's a big one. The winner of Game 3 of the Finals when the series is tied has won 30 of 36 previous Finals. We're going to find out just how much depth the Spurs really have too. I think Belinelli is on his way out of the rotation, can Patty Mills handle big minutes on the road in the Finals? Duncan looked worn out at the end of Game 2, I don't think he can handle getting 38+ mins every night at this point in his career. It looked like we were starting to see the return of the Ginobili of last year's Finals at the end of Game 2, turnovers, bad shot selection, I'm hoping that carries over to tonight's game.
    If Lebron's jumper keeps falling you can close the book on the series. Diaw can't handle him for spot minutes when he's in that zone, and Kawhi Leonard can't give the Spurs much on offense if he has to check LeBron every possession.



  3. #1128
    Speechless
    Points: 865,353, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    56,020
    Points
    865,353
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,863
    Given: 1,596

    Re: *** Official 2014 NBA Playoffs Thread ***

    Quote Originally Posted by jbindm View Post
    A technical foul would mean game stoppages to review video, and I don't know if I'm on board with that. However, a suspension handed down after a league review would be fair. That way the refs don't have one more thing to sweat about during the game and the league can make an informed decision after reviewing the video. I don't want to see a series or game decided by a player having to sit out, but I also don't want to see a player have to go to the bench with foul trouble due to a bogus foul call off a flop. The threat of a suspension would solve both of those problems unless the flop occurs in a Game 7 or maybe an elimination game. Don't want to get suspended? Don't hit the floor like you just got nailed by a sniper. Easy enough.
    That's not bad.
    Along with the idea that we don't really relish a series decided by suspensions for flopping, I'm pretty sure none of us want to see one affected by cheap foul trouble brought on by flopping. We just want to see the two best teams playing actual basketball.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  4. #1129
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 63,969, Level: 78
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 881
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,956
    Points
    63,969
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 194
    Given: 42

    Re: *** Official 2014 NBA Playoffs Thread ***

    Quote Originally Posted by jbindm View Post
    If Lebron's jumper keeps falling you can close the book on the series. Diaw can't handle him for spot minutes when he's in that zone, and Kawhi Leonard can't give the Spurs much on offense if he has to check LeBron every possession.
    I wish I could find the stat I saw about LeBron's shooting percentage when Diaw has guarded him over the last two years, but just for the Finals last year LeBron was 3/21 (14%) when guarded by Diaw. He had some kind of fat guy superpower when he was on LeBron. The fact that LeBron was able to score on him so easily, not just jumpers, but just going by him like he was in Game 1 might be the biggest factor of the series.



  5. #1130
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 76,830, Level: 86
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,520
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cyclonespiker33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,435
    Points
    76,830
    Level
    86
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 327
    Given: 64

    Re: *** Official 2014 NBA Playoffs Thread ***

    I know it's not something that can be put into place, but if someone is deemed to have flopped, then the other team should be able to pick a possession to foul them without getting called.



  6. #1131
    Pro
    Points: 27,462, Level: 50
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 88
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    jbindm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    2,838
    Points
    27,462
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 447
    Given: 242

    Re: *** Official 2014 NBA Playoffs Thread ***

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    That's not bad.
    Along with the idea that we don't really relish a series decided by suspensions for flopping, I'm pretty sure none of us want to see one affected by cheap foul trouble brought on by flopping. We just want to see the two best teams playing actual basketball.
    It'd be a start. It wouldn't completely solve the problem - what if, like I said, the flop occurs in a Game 7 of a championship series? If I was a player I'd happily exchange a one game suspension for next season's opener if it meant gaining a better shot at winning a ring right now. Or what about a coach trotting out a seldom used bench guy to try and draw contact and a cheap foul on the opponent's key guy?

    It sounds like flopping will be up for discussion again this offseason, and it needs to be. David Stern called it last year - he said that a 5k fine isn't going to do much of anything when the average player salary is $5.5 million.



  7. #1132
    Addict
    Points: 91,415, Level: 94
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,735
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    CRcyclone6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cedar Rapids
    Posts
    5,432
    Points
    91,415
    Level
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 204
    Given: 994

    Re: *** Official 2014 NBA Playoffs Thread ***

    I agree something needs to be done. What about the ref that made the call for Wade and wasn't even looking when the play happened? Some accountability there to.


    Are you a member?

  8. #1133
    Addict
    Points: 85,873, Level: 91
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 1,577
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Cyclonesince78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,698
    Points
    85,873
    Level
    91
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,038
    Given: 1,202

    Re: *** Official 2014 NBA Playoffs Thread ***

    If it's a blatant flop like Wade's in the last game, I am in favor of suspensions. But would be open for it being reviewable and determined anywhere from a Tech foul-suspension. That 3rd foul on Ginobli had a large impact on the game. Ginobli didn't start the 2nd half because of it, and sat out the rest of the 1st half.

    If they changed it so that blatant flopping would result in suspensions, I think the result would be the end of flopping, and I don't think anyone would actually get that suspension because it just wouldn't happen any more.



  9. #1134
    Rookie
    Points: 2,105, Level: 12
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 45
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    JHUNSY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    372
    Points
    2,105
    Level
    12
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 84
    Given: 129

    Re: *** Official 2014 NBA Playoffs Thread ***

    I did some brainstorming and I think I came up with the perfect punishment that would put an end to all flopping:

    $2.5 Million fine and a ban for life from the NBA.












  10. #1135
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 76,830, Level: 86
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,520
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cyclonespiker33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,435
    Points
    76,830
    Level
    86
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 327
    Given: 64

    Re: *** Official 2014 NBA Playoffs Thread ***

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonesince78 View Post
    If it's a blatant flop like Wade's in the last game, I am in favor of suspensions. But would be open for it being reviewable and determined anywhere from a Tech foul-suspension. That 3rd foul on Ginobli had a large impact on the game. Ginobli didn't start the 2nd half because of it, and sat out the rest of the 1st half.

    If they changed it so that blatant flopping would result in suspensions, I think the result would be the end of flopping, and I don't think anyone would actually get that suspension because it just wouldn't happen any more.
    I've never seen an NBA coach not start somebody in the second half solely because they have 3 fouls.



  11. #1136
    Addict
    Points: 85,873, Level: 91
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 1,577
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Cyclonesince78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,698
    Points
    85,873
    Level
    91
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,038
    Given: 1,202

    Re: *** Official 2014 NBA Playoffs Thread ***

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclonespiker33 View Post
    I've never seen an NBA coach not start somebody in the second half solely because they have 3 fouls.
    Yeah I was suprised about that, maybe you're right and it was some other reason that we're not aware of.



  12. #1137
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 76,830, Level: 86
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,520
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cyclonespiker33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,435
    Points
    76,830
    Level
    86
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 327
    Given: 64

    Re: *** Official 2014 NBA Playoffs Thread ***

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonesince78 View Post
    Yeah I was suprised about that, maybe you're right and it was some other reason that we're not aware of.
    I haven't followed the Spurs this year but isn't he still their "spark" off the bench?



  13. #1138
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 63,969, Level: 78
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 881
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,956
    Points
    63,969
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 194
    Given: 42

    Re: *** Official 2014 NBA Playoffs Thread ***

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclonespiker33 View Post
    I haven't followed the Spurs this year but isn't he still their "spark" off the bench?
    He is. Parker-Green-Leonard-Duncan-Splitter is their staring line up. Ginobili didn't start the second half of Game 1 either.



  14. #1139
    Addict
    Points: 85,873, Level: 91
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 1,577
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Cyclonesince78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,698
    Points
    85,873
    Level
    91
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,038
    Given: 1,202

    Re: *** Official 2014 NBA Playoffs Thread ***

    Ooops.



  15. #1140
    Addict
    Points: 91,415, Level: 94
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,735
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    CRcyclone6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cedar Rapids
    Posts
    5,432
    Points
    91,415
    Level
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 204
    Given: 994

    Re: *** Official 2014 NBA Playoffs Thread ***

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonesince78 View Post
    Ooops.
    Flopped suspended for Game 3


    Are you a member?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FS1
  • Iowa State @ Oklahoma State
  • October 4, 2014
  • 11:00 AM