Minnesota State players refusing to Practice - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 61 to 66 of 66
  1. #61
    Addict
    Points: 77,661, Level: 86
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 689
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Bigman38's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Council Bluffs, IA
    Posts
    5,587
    Points
    77,661
    Level
    86
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 541
    Given: 685

    Re: Minnesota State players refusing to Practice

    Quote Originally Posted by Clark View Post
    again, upset parents? Isn't he the guy they sent their kid to play for in the first place? What do they have to be upset about exactly?

    But his hypothetical isn't even correct. It would be like CPR getting pushed out by the administration, Mangino becoming interim coach for two years, ISU playing well under Mangino, and then CPR comes back and the players that CPR recruited turning on him and refusing to play for him. And not just one or two, all of them. Strange doesn't even begin to describe it.
    He obviously did something that lost him everyone's respect along the way. My guess would be it has more to do with taking the job of the current coach than the dropped charges.

    I'm not sure how much say the school actually got in this case when he wanted his job back but they'd be pretty foolish to ignore the football players or give them an ultimatum like some are suggesting.


    "But letís see if the Cyclones can give everyone a nice big ****burger to eat. Opportunity awaits." -Brent Blum

    "I am the one who knocks" -Walter White

  2. #62
    Addict
    Points: 155,030, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    weR138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,670
    Points
    155,030
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 180
    Given: 56

    Re: Minnesota State players refusing to Practice

    Quote Originally Posted by Clark View Post
    again, upset parents? Isn't he the guy they sent their kid to play for in the first place? What do they have to be upset about exactly?

    But his hypothetical isn't even correct. It would be like CPR getting pushed out by the administration, Mangino becoming interim coach for two years, ISU playing well under Mangino, and then CPR comes back and the players that CPR recruited turning on him and refusing to play for him. And not just one or two, all of them. Strange doesn't even begin to describe it.
    In this scenario does Mangino win an Orange Bowl? I like to imagine ISU winning an Orange Bowl.


    RIP Janice
    b. April 2012 d. April 2012
    9 posts
    May perpetual light shine upon him.

  3. #63
    Addict
    Points: 155,030, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    weR138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7,670
    Points
    155,030
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 180
    Given: 56

    Re: Minnesota State players refusing to Practice

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigman38 View Post
    He obviously did something that lost him everyone's respect along the way. My guess would be it has more to do with taking the job of the current coach than the dropped charges.

    I'm not sure how much say the school actually got in this case when he wanted his job back but they'd be pretty foolish to ignore the football players or give them an ultimatum like some are suggesting.
    I want to hear from the players. Do they have a Senior Captain spokesperson? (SIAP) This story is weird as hell.


    RIP Janice
    b. April 2012 d. April 2012
    9 posts
    May perpetual light shine upon him.

  4. #64
    All-Star
    Points: 37,228, Level: 59
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 622
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MNCYWX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Spamville, MN
    Posts
    1,383
    Points
    37,228
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 135
    Given: 96

    Re: Minnesota State players refusing to Practice

    Sounds like the players will play for Hoffner.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1487455_713312575387541_8441889132201046586_n.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	26275

    http://www.kaaltv.com/article/storie...html?cat=10151
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1487455_713312575387541_8441889132201046586_n.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	123.7 KB 
ID:	26274  


    Last edited by MNCYWX; 04-17-2014 at 05:07 PM.
    "Science is a wonderful thing if one does not have to earn one's living at it." -- Albert Einstein

  5. #65
    Pro
    Points: 38,307, Level: 60
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 743
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CapnCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,499
    Points
    38,307
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 235
    Given: 133

    Re: Minnesota State players refusing to Practice

    Quote Originally Posted by MNCYWX View Post
    Sounds like the players will play for Hoffner.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1487455_713312575387541_8441889132201046586_n.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	26275

    http://www.kaaltv.com/article/storie...html?cat=10151
    They totally missed the opportunity to advocate for unlimited snacks in this meeting it sounds like.



  6. #66
    Addict
    Points: 48,856, Level: 68
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 894
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience Points1 year registeredOverdrive
    CoKane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5,343
    Points
    48,856
    Level
    68
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 864
    Given: 1,536

    Re: Minnesota State players refusing to Practice

    Quote Originally Posted by clone52 View Post
    If the players want to quite the football team because they don't like the coach, revoke their scholarships.
    Disagree. Not only would that be stupid for the program and lose them a ton of money, it would damage recruiting in the process. Would you want to play for the one giant family team or for the coach that just got everyone kicked off his football team? If they can't get rid of Hoffner make him an assistant and let the other guy be the coach.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Mediacom 22
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Drake
  • December 20, 2014
  • 04:00 PM