Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Results 106 to 119 of 119
  1. #106
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 95,411, Level: 96
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 1,639
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    ribsnwhiskey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    4,235
    Points
    95,411
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 569
    Given: 130

    Re: Concern for next year

    Since this turned into a KsUck thread, here's another favorite.

    Stay classy, chickenhawks.

    http://www2.ljworld.com/news/sports/...investigation/



  2. #107
    Pro
    Points: 23,826, Level: 47
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 724
    Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points3 months registered

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,804
    Points
    23,826
    Level
    47
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 233
    Given: 315

    Re: Concern for next year

    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbuk View Post
    Why are you here?
    To respond to comments and posts? Why are you here?



  3. #108
    Pro
    Points: 23,826, Level: 47
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 724
    Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points3 months registered

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,804
    Points
    23,826
    Level
    47
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 233
    Given: 315

    Re: Concern for next year

    Quote Originally Posted by ribsnwhiskey View Post
    Since this turned into a KsUck thread, here's another favorite.Stay classy, chickenhawks.http://www2.ljworld.com/news/sports/...investigation/
    The fact that you think that this is some type of BENEFIT to the athletic department only points out how stupid you are. I am sure the athletic department was thrilled when it learned that they were being STOLEN FROM by some employees to the tune of that much money. The good news is that it's a little easier to get tickets now that these thieves aren't holding a bunch over to sell for themselves.



  4. #109
    Prospect
    Points: 484, Level: 5
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Huxley
    Posts
    41
    Points
    484
    Level
    5
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 21

    Re: Concern for next year

    Quote Originally Posted by twocoach View Post
    Let's look at the actual facts of the recruitment of Mario Chalmers. Ronnie Chalmers coached basketball for more than 20 years in the Air Force before coaching his son's high school team (to two state titles I might add). Not exactly the "five eyars of experience" that the Mizzou blog reports. Mario committed to Kansas in mid-May and Self and Ronnie Chalmers did not even have discussions about any type of job until mid-June when Self found out that Mario's parents were planning to move to Lawrence. And agin, the job that he got, Director of Basketball Operations, is a glorified gopher position where your primary job is to make sure that the team has what it needs when it goes on the road. To imply that "only five years of coaching experience" (which isn't even true) makes it shady is to ignore the fact that ISU gave Fred Hoiberg the HEAD COACH job with ZERO coaching experience of any type at any level. They wanted to move Danny Manning out of the job and back to Director of Student Athlete Development so that he would have more direct dealing with the athletes in preparation for his career in coaching. They had a competent guy available that would make one of their new players more comfortable to have around. Sorry, but it's only shady if you want it to be and you choose to ignore the actual facts. Again, take what you want from an article written by a Mizzou fan. If you're dumb enough to believe anything you read word for word simply because it was printed on the internet then there's really no hope for you.
    So you really think if Chalmers wasn't in the picture, and Self heard that Ronnie was moving to town, he would have still given him that job. Do you really think that there was no discussion of the job until after he moved to Lawrence. Man, talk about blinders. You are trying to make it sound like that job isn't that great.



  5. #110
    Walk On
    Points: 1,205, Level: 9
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 145
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points
    CyclOwnd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    130
    Points
    1,205
    Level
    9
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 6

    Re: Concern for next year

    Quote Originally Posted by twocoach View Post
    Let's look at the actual facts of the recruitment of Mario Chalmers. Ronnie Chalmers coached basketball for more than 20 years in the Air Force before coaching his son's high school team (to two state titles I might add). Not exactly the "five eyars of experience" that the Mizzou blog reports. Mario committed to Kansas in mid-May and Self and Ronnie Chalmers did not even have discussions about any type of job until mid-June when Self found out that Mario's parents were planning to move to Lawrence. And agin, the job that he got, Director of Basketball Operations, is a glorified gopher position where your primary job is to make sure that the team has what it needs when it goes on the road. To imply that "only five years of coaching experience" (which isn't even true) makes it shady is to ignore the fact that ISU gave Fred Hoiberg the HEAD COACH job with ZERO coaching experience of any type at any level. They wanted to move Danny Manning out of the job and back to Director of Student Athlete Development so that he would have more direct dealing with the athletes in preparation for his career in coaching. They had a competent guy available that would make one of their new players more comfortable to have around. Sorry, but it's only shady if you want it to be and you choose to ignore the actual facts. Again, take what you want from an article written by a Mizzou fan. If you're dumb enough to believe anything you read word for word simply because it was printed on the internet then there's really no hope for you.
    Tldr /care



  6. #111
    Speechless
    Points: 861,075, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    55,545
    Points
    861,075
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,578
    Given: 1,343

    Re: Concern for next year

    Quote Originally Posted by twocoach View Post
    Let's look at the actual facts of the recruitment of Mario Chalmers. Ronnie Chalmers coached basketball for more than 20 years in the Air Force before coaching his son's high school team (to two state titles I might add). Not exactly the "five eyars of experience" that the Mizzou blog reports. Mario committed to Kansas in mid-May and Self and Ronnie Chalmers did not even have discussions about any type of job until mid-June when Self found out that Mario's parents were planning to move to Lawrence. And agin, the job that he got, Director of Basketball Operations, is a glorified gopher position where your primary job is to make sure that the team has what it needs when it goes on the road. To imply that "only five years of coaching experience" (which isn't even true) makes it shady is to ignore the fact that ISU gave Fred Hoiberg the HEAD COACH job with ZERO coaching experience of any type at any level. They wanted to move Danny Manning out of the job and back to Director of Student Athlete Development so that he would have more direct dealing with the athletes in preparation for his career in coaching. They had a competent guy available that would make one of their new players more comfortable to have around. Sorry, but it's only shady if you want it to be and you choose to ignore the actual facts. Again, take what you want from an article written by a Mizzou fan. If you're dumb enough to believe anything you read word for word simply because it was printed on the internet then there's really no hope for you.
    Hoiberg wasn't exactly bringing a prime recruit along with him. Apples, oranges, and tomato soup together for that comparison.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  7. #112
    Addict
    Points: 191,550, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Dryburn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    8,849
    Points
    191,550
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 134
    Given: 4

    Re: Concern for next year

    Quote Originally Posted by CyFy View Post
    So you really think if Chalmers wasn't in the picture, and Self heard that Ronnie was moving to town, he would have still given him that job. Do you really think that there was no discussion of the job until after he moved to Lawrence. Man, talk about blinders. You are trying to make it sound like that job isn't that great.
    I like too, how he brings up Danny Manning. How ironic. Danny Manning's father was hired as an assistant under Larry Brown at Kansas for the sole purpose of getting Danny to KU. His father had no previous coaching experience. So, it is not like Self is the first coach to do this at KU.


    -Be kind. That is something you will never regret. You will never say to yourself when you are old "I wish I was not good to that person".

  8. #113
    Starter
    Points: 7,800, Level: 26
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 350
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience Points3 months registered

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    610
    Points
    7,800
    Level
    26
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 236
    Given: 527

    Re: Concern for next year

    Hoiberg>Bill Self in personality, coaching, and hair and it's not even close. TwoCoach is just here because he's scared of what Hoiberg is becoming. Now, please quote me TwoCoach and tell me why I'm not right.



  9. #114
    Recruit
    Points: 5,610, Level: 22
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 440
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    KcClone01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    KC, MO
    Posts
    107
    Points
    5,610
    Level
    22
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 6

    Re: Concern for next year

    Everytime Tuco responds I think of this... http://youtu.be/oAPDOqJ-WhA



  10. #115
    Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Points: 598,824, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Mr Janny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    22,139
    Points
    598,824
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,183
    Given: 109

    Re: Concern for next year

    Quote Originally Posted by KcClone01 View Post
    Everytime Tuco responds I think of this... http://youtu.be/oAPDOqJ-WhA
    Wait, wait, wait... When did we start calling him Tuco?

    That's AWESOME!!! Rep to whoever came up with that one!


    "What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

    "Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

    "Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

  11. #116
    Recruit
    Points: 5,610, Level: 22
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 440
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    KcClone01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    KC, MO
    Posts
    107
    Points
    5,610
    Level
    22
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 6

    Re: Concern for next year

    I saw someone else call him that. Just followed suit.



  12. #117
    Rookie
    Points: 7,033, Level: 24
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Crescent, IA
    Posts
    399
    Points
    7,033
    Level
    24
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35
    Given: 4

    Re: Concern for next year

    Quote Originally Posted by twocoach View Post
    I think I made my point, which is that I wonder if Hoiberg will have the stones to suspend a guy for more than a few games like he should even though the guy is slated to be a starter and McKay isn't available until after first semester. I don't think a two game slap on the wrist is enough.
    http://www2.kusports.com/news/2009/o...suspicion-dwi/

    I think this is why duece. Every situation is different and Self would certainly not suspend a player for a semester for a DUI alone.

    “We are aware of the situation,” Self said. “We are also still fact finding. Regardless of the details that concern the reason for him being stopped, he broke team rules that have been much more stringent since last week (following fights between KU basketball and football players). “Brady was in serious violation of curfew,” Self added of Morningstar “Because of that and his extremely poor judgment last night, I have decided to suspend him for the first semester from all competition and travel. Brady will remain a member of our team and will participate in all other team functions. We will support him through this, but needless to say I am very disappointed in the sequence of events that took place last night.”



  13. #118
    Addict
    Points: 82,312, Level: 89
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,438
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Cyclonesince78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,316
    Points
    82,312
    Level
    89
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 833
    Given: 940

    Re: Concern for next year

    Quote Originally Posted by CyclOwnd View Post
    Tldr /care
    this. gfy tucroch



  14. #119
    Pro
    Points: 38,293, Level: 60
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 757
    Overall activity: 95.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    DandyCyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,356
    Points
    38,293
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 821
    Given: 361

    Re: Concern for next year

    BREAKING NEWS: twocoach sucks.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Fox Sports 1
  • Iowa State vs. Kansas State
  • September 6, 2014
  • 11:00 AM