Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 569
    Given: 130

Re: Concern for next year

Since this turned into a KsUck thread, here's another favorite.

Stay classy, chickenhawks.

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/sports/...investigation/

Pro
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 724
    Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points3 months registered

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 233
    Given: 315

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbuk View Post
    Why are you here?
    To respond to comments and posts? Why are you here?

Pro
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 724
    Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points3 months registered

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 233
    Given: 315

Quote Originally Posted by ribsnwhiskey View Post
    Since this turned into a KsUck thread, here's another favorite.Stay classy, chickenhawks.http://www2.ljworld.com/news/sports/...investigation/
    The fact that you think that this is some type of BENEFIT to the athletic department only points out how stupid you are. I am sure the athletic department was thrilled when it learned that they were being STOLEN FROM by some employees to the tune of that much money. The good news is that it's a little easier to get tickets now that these thieves aren't holding a bunch over to sell for themselves.

Prospect
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 21

Quote Originally Posted by twocoach View Post
    Let's look at the actual facts of the recruitment of Mario Chalmers. Ronnie Chalmers coached basketball for more than 20 years in the Air Force before coaching his son's high school team (to two state titles I might add). Not exactly the "five eyars of experience" that the Mizzou blog reports. Mario committed to Kansas in mid-May and Self and Ronnie Chalmers did not even have discussions about any type of job until mid-June when Self found out that Mario's parents were planning to move to Lawrence. And agin, the job that he got, Director of Basketball Operations, is a glorified gopher position where your primary job is to make sure that the team has what it needs when it goes on the road. To imply that "only five years of coaching experience" (which isn't even true) makes it shady is to ignore the fact that ISU gave Fred Hoiberg the HEAD COACH job with ZERO coaching experience of any type at any level. They wanted to move Danny Manning out of the job and back to Director of Student Athlete Development so that he would have more direct dealing with the athletes in preparation for his career in coaching. They had a competent guy available that would make one of their new players more comfortable to have around. Sorry, but it's only shady if you want it to be and you choose to ignore the actual facts. Again, take what you want from an article written by a Mizzou fan. If you're dumb enough to believe anything you read word for word simply because it was printed on the internet then there's really no hope for you.
    So you really think if Chalmers wasn't in the picture, and Self heard that Ronnie was moving to town, he would have still given him that job. Do you really think that there was no discussion of the job until after he moved to Lawrence. Man, talk about blinders. You are trying to make it sound like that job isn't that great.

Walk On
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 145
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 6

Let's look at the actual facts of the recruitment of Mario Chalmers. Ronnie Chalmers coached basketball for more than 20 years in the Air Force before coaching his son's high school team (to two state titles I might add). Not exactly the "five eyars of experience" that the Mizzou blog reports. Mario committed to Kansas in mid-May and Self and Ronnie Chalmers did not even have discussions about any type of job until mid-June when Self found out that Mario's parents were planning to move to Lawrence. And agin, the job that he got, Director of Basketball Operations, is a glorified gopher position where your primary job is to make sure that the team has what it needs when it goes on the road. To imply that "only five years of coaching experience" (which isn't even true) makes it shady is to ignore the fact that ISU gave Fred Hoiberg the HEAD COACH job with ZERO coaching experience of any type at any level. They wanted to move Danny Manning out of the job and back to Director of Student Athlete Development so that he would have more direct dealing with the athletes in preparation for his career in coaching. They had a competent guy available that would make one of their new players more comfortable to have around. Sorry, but it's only shady if you want it to be and you choose to ignore the actual facts. Again, take what you want from an article written by a Mizzou fan. If you're dumb enough to believe anything you read word for word simply because it was printed on the internet then there's really no hope for you.
    Tldr /care

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,578
    Given: 1,343

Hoiberg wasn't exactly bringing a prime recruit along with him. Apples, oranges, and tomato soup together for that comparison.

Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!

http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

Addict
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 134
    Given: 4

Quote Originally Posted by CyFy View Post
    So you really think if Chalmers wasn't in the picture, and Self heard that Ronnie was moving to town, he would have still given him that job. Do you really think that there was no discussion of the job until after he moved to Lawrence. Man, talk about blinders. You are trying to make it sound like that job isn't that great.
    I like too, how he brings up Danny Manning. How ironic. Danny Manning's father was hired as an assistant under Larry Brown at Kansas for the sole purpose of getting Danny to KU. His father had no previous coaching experience. So, it is not like Self is the first coach to do this at KU.

-Be kind. That is something you will never regret. You will never say to yourself when you are old "I wish I was not good to that person".

Starter
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 350
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience Points3 months registered

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 236
    Given: 527

Hoiberg>Bill Self in personality, coaching, and hair and it's not even close. TwoCoach is just here because he's scared of what Hoiberg is becoming. Now, please quote me TwoCoach and tell me why I'm not right.

Recruit
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 440
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8

Everytime Tuco responds I think of this... http://youtu.be/oAPDOqJ-WhA

Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,183
    Given: 109

Quote Originally Posted by KcClone01 View Post
    Everytime Tuco responds I think of this... http://youtu.be/oAPDOqJ-WhA
    Wait, wait, wait... When did we start calling him Tuco?

That's AWESOME!!! Rep to whoever came up with that one!

"What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

"Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

"Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

Recruit
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 440
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8

I saw someone else call him that. Just followed suit.

Rookie
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35
    Given: 4

I think I made my point, which is that I wonder if Hoiberg will have the stones to suspend a guy for more than a few games like he should even though the guy is slated to be a starter and McKay isn't available until after first semester. I don't think a two game slap on the wrist is enough.
    http://www2.kusports.com/news/2009/o...suspicion-dwi/

I think this is why duece. Every situation is different and Self would certainly not suspend a player for a semester for a DUI alone.

“We are aware of the situation,” Self said. “We are also still fact finding. Regardless of the details that concern the reason for him being stopped, he broke team rules that have been much more stringent since last week (following fights between KU basketball and football players). “Brady was in serious violation of curfew,” Self added of Morningstar “Because of that and his extremely poor judgment last night, I have decided to suspend him for the first semester from all competition and travel. Brady will remain a member of our team and will participate in all other team functions. We will support him through this, but needless to say I am very disappointed in the sequence of events that took place last night.”

Addict
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,438
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 833
    Given: 940

Quote Originally Posted by CyclOwnd View Post
    Tldr /care