Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 LastLast
Results 436 to 450 of 504
  1. #436
    Addict
    Points: 95,948, Level: 96
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 1,102
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    acgclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    6,792
    Points
    95,948
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 323
    Given: 58

    Re: Bryce Dejean-Jones is a Cyclone

    Quote Originally Posted by carvers4math View Post
    Just hope our new bunch learns to share the ball in a manner that best exploits mismatches, which was a true strength of our last team.
    He will because Fred is a master at getting his people to buy into his system, see the last 4 years as proof.

    When I watched UNLV, it's just a bunch of very talented players, going one on one and taking contested shots. BDJ benefit in a system that actually has a systematic way to create space for shooters.

    He averaged 13.5 ppg and was the leading scorer. Our leading scorer will probably be in the 16-18 range.



  2. #437
    Addict
    Points: 98,493, Level: 97
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 557
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    mtowncyclone13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    6,249
    Points
    98,493
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 513
    Given: 320

    Re: Bryce Dejean-Jones is a Cyclone

    I hope we see UNLV in a holiday tournament next year


    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneRulzzz View Post
    mtown is among the worst to ever play this game.


  3. #438
    Rookie
    Points: 5,791, Level: 22
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 259
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    585
    Points
    5,791
    Level
    22
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 93
    Given: 16

    Re: Bryce Dejean-Jones is a Cyclone

    Quote Originally Posted by acgclone View Post
    He will because Fred is a master at getting his people to buy into his system, see the last 4 years as proof.

    When I watched UNLV, it's just a bunch of very talented players, going one on one and taking contested shots. BDJ benefit in a system that actually has a systematic way to create space for shooters.

    He averaged 13.5 ppg and was the leading scorer. Our leading scorer will probably be in the 16-18 range.
    Probably??



  4. #439
    Chile Mac is Back!
    Points: 304,725, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    LindenCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    23,322
    Points
    304,725
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 496
    Given: 964

    Re: Bryce Dejean-Jones is a Cyclone

    Quote Originally Posted by mtowncyclone13 View Post
    I hope we see UNLV on probation next year
    Fixed



  5. #440
    Addict
    Points: 95,948, Level: 96
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 1,102
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    acgclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    6,792
    Points
    95,948
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 323
    Given: 58

    Re: Bryce Dejean-Jones is a Cyclone

    Quote Originally Posted by CyHawk7 View Post
    Probably??
    Ya probably.

    Who's to say it won't be 15 or 20? We have 3 legit scorers (BDJ, Niang and Nader) but we also have some other guys capable of scoring quite a little depending on development (Hogue, Morris, Naz, Thomas, McKay).

    I could see Niang or BDJ averaging 20, but I could also see us with so much balance that we really don't have anyone over 14 or so depending on how minutes go.



  6. #441
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 38,925, Level: 60
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 125
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    WDM
    Posts
    4,079
    Points
    38,925
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 6

    Re: Bryce Dejean-Jones is a Cyclone

    Quote Originally Posted by mtowncyclone13 View Post
    I hope we see UNLV in a holiday tournament next year
    we already know our tournament and opponents so unfortunately it wont be happening



  7. #442
    Speechless
    Points: 255,816, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Cydkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    15,646
    Points
    255,816
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 535
    Given: 485

    Re: Bryce Dejean-Jones is a Cyclone

    Quote Originally Posted by mtowncyclone13 View Post
    I hope we see UNLV in a holiday tournament next year
    I prefer to knock them out of the NCAA tournament. That will be difficult when they are in the NIT. I might have to root for Iowa to do it.



  8. #443
    Legend
    Points: 386,972, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    bos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    23,797
    Points
    386,972
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 558
    Given: 391

    Re: Bryce Dejean-Jones is a Cyclone

    Quote Originally Posted by Cydkar View Post
    I prefer to knock them out of the NCAA tournament. That will be difficult when they are in the NIT. I might have to root for Iowa to do it.

    Woah woah woah. Pump the breaks there buddy.



  9. #444
    Addict
    Points: 85,325, Level: 90
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 225
    Overall activity: 72.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Cyclonesince78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,667
    Points
    85,325
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,025
    Given: 1,153

    Re: Bryce Dejean-Jones is a Cyclone

    Quote Originally Posted by bos View Post
    Woah woah woah. Pump the breaks there buddy.
    Yeah, what the heck was he thinking. Crossed the line.



  10. #445
    Speechless
    Points: 255,816, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Cydkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    15,646
    Points
    255,816
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 535
    Given: 485

    Re: Bryce Dejean-Jones is a Cyclone

    Quote Originally Posted by bos View Post
    Woah woah woah. Pump the breaks there buddy.
    I said "might" which was actually a lie for humor's sake. I am pond scum.



  11. #446
    Pro
    Points: 24,279, Level: 47
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 271
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points3 months registered

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,939
    Points
    24,279
    Level
    47
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 259
    Given: 335

    Re: Bryce Dejean-Jones is a Cyclone

    Quote Originally Posted by bos View Post
    Woah woah woah. Pump the breaks there buddy.
    Agreed. To assume that Iowa will put together a run in the Big 10 and get an NIT bid instead of ending up in the CBI is pretty out there.



  12. #447
    All-Star
    Points: 11,525, Level: 32
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 425
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class3 months registered10000 Experience Points
    bigdaddykane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,801
    Points
    11,525
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 398
    Given: 227

    Re: Bryce Dejean-Jones is a Cyclone

    Quote Originally Posted by twocoach View Post
    Agreed. To assume that Iowa will put together a run in the Big 10 and get an NIT bid instead of ending up in the CBI is pretty out there.
    I know this has nothing to do with basketball, but it's funny and you're a KU fan


    BDK
    Cyclone state

  13. #448
    Rookie
    Points: 5,791, Level: 22
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 259
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    585
    Points
    5,791
    Level
    22
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 93
    Given: 16

    Re: Bryce Dejean-Jones is a Cyclone

    Quote Originally Posted by acgclone View Post
    Ya probably.

    Who's to say it won't be 15 or 20? We have 3 legit scorers (BDJ, Niang and Nader) but we also have some other guys capable of scoring quite a little depending on development (Hogue, Morris, Naz, Thomas, McKay).

    I could see Niang or BDJ averaging 20, but I could also see us with so much balance that we really don't have anyone over 14 or so depending on how minutes go.
    Yeah I was more so talking about the under when I said that.. This 100% Niang's team and I think he's going to have a breakout year offensively. I also think BDJ is going to have a breakout year as well. Those two are just too good offensively to not have atleast one of them average over 16.



  14. #449
    Rookie
    Points: 5,791, Level: 22
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 259
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    585
    Points
    5,791
    Level
    22
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 93
    Given: 16

    Re: Bryce Dejean-Jones is a Cyclone

    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddykane View Post
    I know this has nothing to do with basketball, but it's funny and you're a KU fan

    I know they're bad in football but they did win the orange bowl in 2008..... That's a heck of a lot better than anything we have accomplished in football ever....



  15. #450
    Addict
    Points: 328,001, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 64.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    00clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Iowa City area
    Posts
    8,948
    Points
    328,001
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,739
    Given: 430

    Re: Bryce Dejean-Jones is a Cyclone

    Quote Originally Posted by CyHawk7 View Post
    I know they're bad in football but they did win the orange bowl in 2008..... That's a heck of a lot better than anything we have accomplished in football ever....

    Leave it to someone with a name of CyHawk to hang their hat on something that happened 5 years ago.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: FOX
  • Iowa State vs. Baylor
  • September 27, 2014
  • 07:20 PM